Main Menu

Vegan/Vegetarian Recipes.

Started by Felix, May 16, 2011, 09:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on May 17, 2011, 06:29:21 AM
Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on May 17, 2011, 05:20:47 AM
Quote from: Nigel on May 17, 2011, 04:23:29 AM
I am allll about the bacon grease! I save it in a little pot in the fridge and cook everything in it. Being fat is bad for your health, but eating animal fat is good for your health. Fuck vegetable oil; that shit is poison and will kill you.

My cholesterol, by the way, is fucking rad. I am so fucking healthy it's CRAZY.

Soy products in general are not very good for you and you shouldn't eat a lot of soy... tofu is one of the better soy products you can eat. Any of the fermented soy products are fairly OK, unfermented ones (like soy milk) are really not easy on the digestive system. Unfermented soy is hard to digest and is also one of the most highly allergenic foods. It's also really high in plant estrogens, which could be a bonus if you want to grow boobs. I think most guidelines say to consume no more than 4-6 oz of soy products a day.

Could you make your existing boobs bigger?

Theoretically, yes.

Yay, another excuse for me to NOT eat the stuff.

Does not WANT bigger boobs.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

trippinprincezz13

I am allll about the bacon grease! I save it in a little pot in the fridge and cook everything in it. Being fat is bad for your health, but eating animal fat is good for your health. Fuck vegetable oil; that shit is poison and will kill you.

Yea? I mean, I'll use it for cooking whatever I happen to be making at the same time as the bacon, but does it keep well in the fridge?

As to bolded part, really? Did not know that (sorry if I'm asking a lot of stupid questions, I am interested/intrigued). I always assume bacon fat=bad, but it's actually better than vegetable oil (or I have canola or something at home)? Assuming I'm not drinking it by the glassful, but, no shit, huh? I did not know that.

Also, this. Despite my love of bacon and cheese (though it's not like I put it in EVERY meal), my cholesterol has been spectacular the last several times I've been to the doctor. Not that I'm overweight or anything, but I know that just because things look ok on the outside doesn't mean it's the same inside - but so far so good!
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Freeky

Soy products in general are not very good for you and you shouldn't eat a lot of soy... tofu is one of the better soy products you can eat. Any of the fermented soy products are fairly OK, unfermented ones (like soy milk) are really not easy on the digestive system. Unfermented soy is hard to digest and is also one of the most highly allergenic foods. It's also really high in plant estrogens, which could be a bonus if you want to grow boobs. I think most guidelines say to consume no more than 4-6 oz of soy products a day.

Theoretically, yes.

Sooo.... Which soy products have more estrogens?

Freeky,
Has to lose the weight again, but wants to keep the bewbs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bacon grease keeps excellently in the fridge.

Cold-pressed are fine, but any refined oil such as canola (and pretty much everything sold as "vegetable oil") is bad bad bad. It tends to rob the body of vitamin e, and is around 5% trans-fatty-acids. The myth of "saturated" fats being bad for you has been pretty thoroughly debunked; butter, lard, coconut oil, chicken fat are all healthy oils compared to processed vegetable oil. I mean, you don't want to eat a fuckton of lard, either, but it's better for you than refined vegetable oil.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on May 17, 2011, 06:50:35 PM

Theoretically, yes.

Freeky,

I think they're all about equal. Just be aware that estrogen also makes it harder to lose fat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on May 17, 2011, 07:06:44 PM

Cold-pressed are fine, but any refined oil such as canola (and pretty much everything sold as "vegetable oil") is bad bad bad. It tends to rob the body of vitamin e, and is around 5% trans-fatty-acids. The myth of "saturated" fats being bad for you has been pretty thoroughly debunked; butter, lard, coconut oil, chicken fat are all healthy oils compared to processed vegetable oil. I mean, you don't want to eat a fuckton of lard, either, but it's better for you than refined vegetable oil.

Yeah, but bacon grease tastes downright funky in chocolate cake if you try it instead of vegetable oil...

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on May 17, 2011, 07:07:51 PM
Quote from: Jenkem and Tomahawks on May 17, 2011, 06:50:35 PM

Theoretically, yes.

Freeky,

I think they're all about equal. Just be aware that estrogen also makes it harder to lose fat.

Excellent, excellent. 8)

LMNO

Nigel, do you have any reccommendations for when a person needs an oil with a very high smoke point?  Animal fats and olive oil smoke way too early for some of the searing and flash frying I do, which means the oil will break down and add a bitter flavor. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on May 17, 2011, 07:08:17 PM

Yeah, but bacon grease tastes downright funky in chocolate cake if you try it instead of vegetable oil...

Butter.

Keep in mind that refined vegetable oil didn't exist when cake was invented.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 17, 2011, 07:14:59 PM
Nigel, do you have any reccommendations for when a person needs an oil with a very high smoke point?  Animal fats and olive oil smoke way too early for some of the searing and flash frying I do, which means the oil will break down and add a bitter flavor. 

Peanut oil.

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on May 17, 2011, 07:16:00 PM

Butter.

Keep in mind that vegetable oil didn't exist when cake was invented.

Will try it next time.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on May 17, 2011, 07:16:55 PM

Butter.

Will try it next time.

Melt it first. :)

You won't believe the difference in flavor and mouthfeel when you bake with butter or lard instead of vegetable oil. It's like 1000 times better. People go nuts over my cakes, but I don't do anything fancy, I just use unsalted butter instead of vegetable oil.

Luna

Quote from: Nigel on May 17, 2011, 07:21:04 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 17, 2011, 07:16:55 PM

Butter.

Will try it next time.

Melt it first. :)

You won't believe the difference in flavor and mouthfeel when you bake with butter or lard instead of vegetable oil. It's like 1000 times better. People go nuts over my cakes, but I don't do anything fancy, I just use unsalted butter instead of vegetable oil.

I'll remember this.

I'm thinking I'll try this when I do the layer cake with chocolate pudding I mentioned awhile back.

Freeky

I stopped using veggie oil a long ways back.  I prefer olive oil, for the same reason I like to use stock or juice in recipes instead of water.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on May 17, 2011, 07:16:18 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on May 17, 2011, 07:14:59 PM

Peanut oil.

Beat me to it. Also, IIRC, grapeseed oil has a very high smoke point, though you'd obviously want to make sure it was flavor-compatible with what you're cooking.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"