News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

God takes another swipe at Khara

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 23, 2011, 03:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Stay tough you Miseryians. We are under a severe t-storm warning here for today. Then tonight some of those hated night storms. I seriously need to get a NOAH radio.

Suu

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 24, 2011, 03:34:38 PM
Stay tough you Miseryians. We are under a severe t-storm warning here for today. Then tonight some of those hated night storms. I seriously need to get a NOAH radio.

I C WUT U DID THAR.

l also, hunker down, y'all!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysfunctional Cunt

I work on the third floor.  When we asked our boss where we should go in case a tornado hit, he said......

....under your desk.....   :|

Adios

Quote from: Khara on May 24, 2011, 04:39:12 PM
I work on the third floor.  When we asked our boss where we should go in case a tornado hit, he said......

Good grief. Get in the stairwell and go down. Do not use the elevators.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 24, 2011, 04:41:31 PM

:lulz:

Our stairwells have windows and we don't have elevators.  If we get hit, I'll end up in Oz.

There is no safe place in this building.  S'ok, I really don't stress it, I have friends who have promised to help the kids sue....

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Here they put us back in the distribution center between two story tall racks of boxes full of product. At least if we die, all that anti-bacterial hand lotion will make our corpses nice and sanitary  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on May 24, 2011, 04:47:07 PM
Here they put us back in the distribution center between two story tall racks of boxes full of product. At least if we die, all that anti-bacterial hand lotion will make our corpses nice and sanitary  :lulz:

I suppose we could go downstairs in the warehouse, but all that shelving would ginsu our asses....  Like you however, we'd be clean and sanitized.....

Suu

Quote from: Khara on May 24, 2011, 04:45:01 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on May 24, 2011, 04:41:31 PM

:lulz:

Our stairwells have windows and we don't have elevators.  If we get hit, I'll end up in Oz.

There is no safe place in this building.  S'ok, I really don't stress it, I have friends who have promised to help the kids sue....

Hallways? Duck and cover along hallways where there are no windows.

Or bathrooms, maybe?

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Succulent Plant

I'm working from home, we have an interior hallway with no windows that we use when we need to take shelter, but usually if we have enough warning we just leave.  I've saw three tornadoes in the last 15 years that were coming in as we were leaving town after getting the warning, we've been lucky.

Suu

This shit almost makes me feel better knowing that anything bigger than a direct hit by a category 3 is going to throw 25 feet of water into downtown Providence.

Almost.

Adios

Quote from: Suu on May 24, 2011, 05:01:24 PM
This shit almost makes me feel better knowing that anything bigger than a direct hit by a category 3 is going to throw 25 feet of water into downtown Providence.

Almost.

The deadliest difference is the warning time. Sometimes those fuckers just drop right on your head without any warning at all. Joplin thought they had 20 minutes, instead they had 5 minutes.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 24, 2011, 05:04:06 PM

Almost.

The deadliest difference is the warning time. Sometimes those fuckers just drop right on your head without any warning at all. Joplin thought they had 20 minutes, instead they had 5 minutes.

IF the sirens even have a chance to go off.  That storm that hit Joplin was nothing more than a chance of showers until it exploded.  Joplin was gone 10 minutes later.

Suu

And at the rate the weather is going this year, you KNOW New England is getting a Katrina-class bulldozer...Yep, right up Narragansett Bay. It'll be raining quahogs and tautog.  :x

Almost.

Troof. I think that's what scares me most about tornadoes. I've been through my fair share of really horrific weather between hurricanes and tornadoes, but I will NEVER FORGET that F1 ripping up my elementary school, and those are jokes compared to what you guys get in the Midwest. I've seen a F4 at 3 mile range and nearly pissed my pants.

Adios

Quote from: Khara on May 24, 2011, 05:05:48 PM

Almost.

IF the sirens even have a chance to go off.  That storm that hit Joplin was nothing more than a chance of showers until it exploded.  Joplin was gone 10 minutes later.

Exactly, I was watching one for 15 minutes before the sirens even went off. It was on the ground, ate an old brick school building.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Almost.

Absolutely! Leaving town when a tornado happens can work, but its always a gamble. When the conditions are right, one can pop up anywhere... including the middle of the road.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson