News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

16 year old girl threatened with rape for challenging Bachmann.

Started by Suu, May 25, 2011, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Don Coyote

Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 11:47:40 PM
Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on June 01, 2011, 11:36:54 PM
Shit, I want a burka.  They look like they'd be a sight more protective from the sun and somewhat cooler than jeans.  Air circulation for the win.

Yeah, they're actually very practical in the desert. I've already decided that if I ever make it back to Burning Man, I'm bringing a couple of burkas.
If I ever permanently move back to a desert I will be adding articles of male Arab attire to my wardrobe.

Freeky

Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 11:47:40 PM
Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on June 01, 2011, 11:36:54 PM
Shit, I want a burka.  They look like they'd be a sight more protective from the sun and somewhat cooler than jeans.  Air circulation for the win.

Yeah, they're actually very practical in the desert. I've already decided that if I ever make it back to Burning Man, I'm bringing a couple of burkas.

Dude, I think I was outside for a grand total of twentyfive minutes, and that's TOPS,  in only ten minute increments, and I feel burned the fuck up from the sun and heat.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 25, 2011, 11:29:28 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 25, 2011, 11:03:34 PM
Quote from: Nigel on May 25, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on May 25, 2011, 09:52:31 PM
Child posts

Internet froths

Child cries

that's what I'm talking about. We're going to see this happen a bunch more in the coming year, with increasing degrees of support or outrage depending on whether the kid annoyed us personally. There will even be a short-hand slang word for this phenomenon. But I think that's still a few months off.

By the way, this article is not about the girl getting trolled, the point of the article is to make you say "Supporters of Michelle Bachmann are would-be child rapists."

We're not talking about people being garden-variety mean on the internet. We're talking about people threatening a child with rape because she wrote a letter they disagree with.

This *is* garden variety mean for any woman who manages to get the attention of the wrong parts of the internet.  Men can expect death threats instead.  The problem is a lot deeper than the politics.
Horseshit. We aren't talking about "the wrong parts of the internet". We're talking about political bloggers. People who, in theory, should be held to a higher standard than a youtube comment thread. It's a good thing that there isn't a history of violence associated with the Tea Party.... oh wait...

Wait, you think that political bloggers are held to some standard of ethics?

They're just the 21st century first-world version of mentally ill homeless people screaming prophecy from the seedy streetcorners.

I can't believe that anybody is either surprised OR shocked by this.

FFS, Requia is actually RIGHT. My world has been turned on its ear. This girl (and everyone else who wants to get along in The Future) had better sack the fuck up. This world is no place for the squeamish or the righteous.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"