News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

16 year old girl threatened with rape for challenging Bachmann.

Started by Suu, May 25, 2011, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 30, 2011, 04:54:30 PM
And if she is raped, she probably asked for it with the way she dressed.

Well, at least according to Lies.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=218373628186363&id=646093119

Lies, you are a fucking idiot. Go blow yourself up, you shitstain.

Short skirts and cleavage don't magically make rapists out of honest men. A rapist is looking for a victim in a vulnerable situation, regardless of her clothing. It's not the appearance of the woman that tantalizes the rapist mentality; it's the power itself, the victimization. This is why old and fat and ugly women get raped as well as young thin pretty ones. The rapist doesn't care.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Quote from: Your Mom on May 30, 2011, 05:09:14 PM

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=218373628186363&id=646093119

Short skirts and cleavage don't magically make rapists out of honest men. A rapist is looking for a victim in a vulnerable situation, regardless of her clothing. It's not the appearance of the woman that tantalizes the rapist mentality; it's the power itself, the victimization. This is why old and fat and ugly women get raped as well as young thin pretty ones. The rapist doesn't care.

Isn't this very close to the Islam creed that men are simply children and can't be held responsible for what they do when a woman shows an ankle? After all, it's always the womans fault.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 30, 2011, 05:13:01 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on May 30, 2011, 05:09:14 PM

Isn't this very close to the Islam creed that men are simply children and can't be held responsible for what they do when a woman shows an ankle? After all, it's always the womans fault.

Yeah, basically. That kind of thinking shows a level of contempt for honest men, IMO. Men don't get "tempted" into rape, and the rapist isn't looking for a "slut" (if he was, he would just go pick a girl up... but it's not about a woman putting out, it's about force) he's looking for a victim who won't fight back or run away.

So, yeah, it makes sense to wear shoes you can run in and not heels, if you're out alone. And it's important to look confident and strong. Unimportant; whether your outfit is "slutty". Because the rapist is already a rapist; you are neither going to tempt nor deter him by looking hot.

Once you start thinking about "dressing defensively", it's not a very far slide to the burkha.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Unless "dressing defensively" means "a Bowie knife strapped to your leg under the skirt".

Or, as you point out, in the pocket of your parka, as it doesn't really matter how you're dressed.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and anyone who argues that "looking slutty" (which is completely subjective BTW) is more likely to make you a target for a rapist obviously hasn't read ANY of the very large and accessible quantity of psychology research on rapists, how they  think, and how they choose their victims.

Look it up, morons. "Common sense" my fucking ass. You wouldn't know common sense if it raped you in the ass, Lies.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 30, 2011, 05:22:28 PM
Unless "dressing defensively" means "a Bowie knife strapped to your leg under the skirt".

Or, as you point out, in the pocket of your parka, as it doesn't really matter how you're dressed.

That sounds kinda hot.  :evil:

The Good Reverend Roger

He pulled the thread off the public page.  It's still there, though.

:lulz:

But, yeah, I am always curious about people that call women "sluts", either because they enjoy sex, or because they dress in a certain way.

No, scratch that, I don't wonder at all.  They're the same kind of guys who think female circumcision is a good idea...Or at least they share the same logic.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 30, 2011, 05:27:47 PM

But, yeah, I am always curious about people that call women "sluts", either because they enjoy sex, or because they dress in a certain way.

No, scratch that, I don't wonder at all.  They're the same kind of guys who think female circumcision is a good idea...Or at least they share the same logic.

Personally I think it stems from a complete lack of confidence in their own sexuality. Strong women scare the fuck out of them. But what do I know, I don't have a degree or anything.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What a coward.

hirley0

Shirley ? 9:40:41.456 pdT

Quote from: Your Mom on May 30, 2011, 05:34:03 PM

What a coward.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've said it before, and I just posted it in that thread, but I always wonder what motivates people to present a strong opinion on something, especially something like rape, that they clearly don't know much about and haven't researched at all. Even the barest minimum of research would reveal to Lies (or the author of the article he posted) why the way you dress is fairly irrelevant to the rapist's victim selection. But he can't be bothered to do that research before forming and broadcasting his strong opinion, and even if he did it... what do you want to bet he would choose not to believe it?
That kind of ignorance is exactly what we make fun of Tea Partiers for.  :lol:

hirley0

I ment SiX Minutes
Quote from: Your Mom on May 30, 2011, 05:40:40 PM
I've said it before, and I just posted it in that thread, but I always wonder what motivates people to present a strong opinion on something, especially something like rape, that they clearly don't know much about and haven't researched at all. Even the barest minimum of research would reveal to Lies (or the author of the article he posted) why the way you dress is fairly irrelevant to the rapist's victim selection. But he can't be bothered to do that research before forming and broadcasting his strong opinion, and even if he did it... what do you want to bet he would choose not to believe it?

hirley0

NeX T

Quote from: hirley0 on May 30, 2011, 05:43:02 PM
I ment SiX Minutes
Quote from: Your Mom on May 30, 2011, 05:40:40 PM

Mesozoic Mister Nigel