News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

16 year old girl threatened with rape for challenging Bachmann.

Started by Suu, May 25, 2011, 03:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

http://www.politicususa.com/en/sophomore-threatened-with-rape-for-criticisms-of-michele-bachmann

QuoteThe reaction to Myers' letter has been nothing short of terrifying.

"A lot of them are calling me a whore," Myers said of anonymous. Amy and her father said the comments from conservative websites alarmed them most. Some commenters threatened to publish her home address. Others threatened violence. Some threatened rape.

Because she criticized the Tea Party goddess.

"They're targeting me just because I'm challenging Bachmann," Amy said.

It doesn't matter that Bachmann won't debate her. Nor are the facts pointed to by Myers important. It doesn't matter that Bachmann, the Tea Party's alleged constitutional expert is wrong about the constitution and that a 16-year-old high school student is right. What matters is that you can't criticize the Tea Party.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Creepy! These people have never heard of the moral high ground, apparently, and if they have they seem to have an aversion to standing on it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Thurnez Isa

Judging from what I regularly read on far right blogs I'm not particularly surprised by this.
In my none-expert opinion she doesn't really have anything to fear from assholes on the Internet (and this is going to sound very cynical) for the simple fact she's white and probably non-Muslim.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Cain

And to attack her, rightwing bloggers would have to leave their basements or, when they do, soup up their Rascals so they can speed up to catch a 16 year old girl.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 25, 2011, 05:58:18 PM
And to attack her, rightwing bloggers would have to leave their basements or, when they do, soup up their Rascals so they can speed up to catch a 16 year old girl.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Over at CG, there's at least one loony tune saying that she deserves it.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

I'd love to hear what Bachmann has to say regarding her followers saying these things.  I really would.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Cramulus

Can anybody find the article in question on cnn.com? I'd like to take a peek at the comments. I suspect they're not that startling relative to other vitriol in the blogosphere. I do like the tactic though - get a 16 year old girl to be the mouth piece for an incendiary diatribe, so people who retaliate in the expected way will look like total jerkwads.

The Good Reverend Roger

Does that excuse said jerkwads?  I mean, even IF she was put up to this (God knows nobody has a political thought before age 30), does that mean their actions were excusable, therefore this is all her own fault?

Because if it's suddenly okay to do shit like this to people who disagree with you, I'm going to make life a living hell for the teabagger across the road, and sleep like a baby.

RACE

TO

THE

BOTTOM

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 25, 2011, 09:02:00 PM
Does that excuse said jerkwads?  I mean, even IF she was put up to this (God knows nobody has a political thought before age 30), does that mean their actions were excusable, therefore this is all her own fault?

Because if it's suddenly okay to do shit like this to people who disagree with you, I'm going to make life a living hell for the teabagger across the road, and sleep like a baby.

RACE

TO

THE

BOTTOM

NO FAIR YOU'VE GOT A HEAD START

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

RACE

TO

THE

BOTTOM

WHOOOOOOO!!!! IT'S A LONG WAY DOWN BUT WE'RE GOING SO FAST!

Luna

Quote from: Cramulus on May 25, 2011, 08:59:04 PM

Can anybody find the article in question on cnn.com? I'd like to take a peek at the comments. I suspect they're not that startling relative to other vitriol in the blogosphere. I do like the tactic though - get a 16 year old girl to be the mouth piece for an incendiary diatribe, so people who retaliate in the expected way will look like total jerkwads.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-603375

Only 3 comments posted here, no threats.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on May 25, 2011, 09:10:19 PM

RACE

TO

THE

BOTTOM

WHOOOOOOO!!!! IT'S A LONG WAY DOWN BUT WE'RE GOING SO FAST!

It's easy, really.  We just assume that this was all engineered by some shadowy lefty group, and this poor girl was the bait. 

This has the added benefit of reminding people to keep their mouths shut & get back to work.

Cramulus

Who's excusing anybody? I'm just surprised that people being assholes on the internet is even news. Internet comments are cheap and people say the most vile shit possible when they're anonymous... But if the person they're responding to is 16, you have the opportunity to GET OUTRAGED AND MAN THE HARPOONS. If being 16 really shields you from assholes, then we should all being posting as 16 year old girls.  :lol: