News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Reid vs Rand on The Patriot Act

Started by Disco Pickle, May 25, 2011, 04:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I like how the Senate Republicans and Senate Democrats got together in secret beforehand to decide there was no need to ammend the Patriot Act in any way, or let it expire.  Democracy inaction, people.

Disco Pickle

eesh.  It's pretty clear to me that I should not post on the political board when I've put a few drinks in my stomach.  Or any board for that matter.

I could have replied a little less like a complete dick. 

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2011, 08:17:24 AM
I like how the Senate Republicans and Senate Democrats got together in secret beforehand to decide there was no need to ammend the Patriot Act in any way, or let it expire.  Democracy inaction, people.

I'm guessing you didn't put a space intentionally?  Hadn't heard that before, I like it.  That was what really got my blood going about the entire thing.   Then the use of procedural moves, which both parties are guilty of using, in order to close or prevent debate on it.

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 04:41:10 AM

They did in fact mention the other amendments.  I fail to see why changing the Patriot act to better reflect what he wants is worth a damn though.  Hell, even the amendment that seems like a good idea, the one to require a judge's signature on the NSLs, moves it to the goddamned FISA court.

You're right, seeking to amend it, even amendments that actually have a chance of getting bipartisan support, even the debate ABOUT the act itself is just stupid.  Not worth a damn.   

He should just toe the line like everyone else in his party so you can go back to being a self righteous left winger and continue to rant that "the right is always wrong" without having to worry about becoming like the people you hate. 

Good luck with that. 
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Phox

Quote from: Disco Pickle on May 26, 2011, 12:41:08 PM
You're right, seeking to amend it, even amendments that actually have a chance of getting bipartisan support, even the debate ABOUT the act itself is just stupid.  Not worth a damn.   

He should just toe the line like everyone else in his party so you can go back to being a self righteous left winger and continue to rant that "the right is always wrong" without having to worry about becoming like the people you hate. 

Good luck with that. 

Jesus Fuck, dude. Seriously? You're going make me defend Requia? Fucking hate you, Pickles.

In all seriousness though, you sound like a complete jackass right now, because your primary means of dealing with anyone who disagrees with you has been to accuse of them of being "left-wing". And also pull random shit out of your ass to attack them with.

Not that they were contributing anything to the conversation, but still, might want to try to, I don't know, not say stupid shit in response to stupid shit? Just sayin'.

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 01:48:04 PM

Good luck with that. 

Jesus Fuck, dude. Seriously? You're going make me defend Requia? Fucking hate you, Pickles.

In all seriousness though, you sound like a complete jackass right now, because your primary means of dealing with anyone who disagrees with you has been to accuse of them of being "left-wing". And also pull random shit out of your ass to attack them with.

Not that they were contributing anything to the conversation, but still, might want to try to, I don't know, not say stupid shit in response to stupid shit? Just sayin'.

Enough people here have told me I'm an asshole that I've looked at my own writing and concluded that yes, I am a bit of an asshole.

might want to try to, I don't know, not say stupid shit in response to stupid shit? Just sayin'.

You are 169% correct.  I lost my head.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, it's to be expected.  A major religious figure of yours has been impugned.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Disco Pickle on May 26, 2011, 03:23:48 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on May 26, 2011, 01:59:50 AM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 25, 2011, 11:06:42 PM
Quote from: Disco Pickle on May 25, 2011, 04:43:53 PM
dislike him for his other positions, but he seems to be the only one on either side riding the correct motorcycle on this one.

Which is a great indicator of just how screwed we are.

Ron Paul is an excellent political barometer, if he says it should be done it will never happen, ever.

This isn't Ron Paul, this is Rand Paul.  Ron's son, who had his security beat up a woman journalist.

Check your facts.  Or the thread about this when it happened.

Alternatively you could just continue to pull shit out of your ass and present them as facts.

That gets you a long way these days no matter what your political leanings, apparently.

What those assholes did to her can never be excused, and his apology for it was limp dicked at best. 

That being the truth, writing what you wrote as if it were fact does allow me to call you an ignorant fuckneck who doesn't bother to check his facts, and thus you are part of the problem no less than some right wing ass hat spouting shit he knows nothing about.

That's right BH.  You're no better than the right wing fucks you criticize for not bothering to research and learn about a subject before they open their mouths about it.

Enjoy being no more informed than anyone else who apparently have vocal cords in their colon.

See what I mean?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

You really had no choice.

Rand's honor must be upheld, and anyone who watched that video is a tool of the left-wing machine, because it has an inconvenient action or two in it.

And Rand was correct to not actually disavow the man.  That hippie was in the way of freedom, and deserved everything she got.

Disco Pickle

I'm going to take a break and KMFMS for awhile until I can post without being a complete fucking prick.  I may be using this place as an outlet for misdirected anger that is, while a bit cathartic at the time, completely unfair to everyone else here and certainly won't win me any friends.

-Pickle, going back to being a ghost.  And maybe posting good music.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2011, 08:17:24 AM

Its like Ive always said. The two things that Democrats and Republicans can agree upon is that the American people are enemies of freedom who are up to no good, and rich people need more money.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Disco Pickle on May 26, 2011, 04:18:32 PM
I'm going to take a break and KMFMS for awhile until I can post without being a complete fucking prick.  I may be using this place as an outlet for misdirected anger that is, while a bit cathartic at the time, completely unfair to everyone else here and certainly won't win me any friends.

Dunno why.  The debate isn't going to get any easier.

Perhaps you merely wish to preserve the meme embedded in your head that says one or more of these people embodies a political possibility that transcends human nature?

Disco Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 04:34:57 PM

Perhaps you merely wish to preserve the meme embedded in your head that says one or more of these people embodies a political possibility that transcends human nature?

No, I've just noted a trend in my own replies here that I don't want to continue doing so I'm going to take a break from replying to things I disagree with unless I can do it without being reactive and dickish.  I was already in a foul mood last night and should have just gone to bed instead of trying to correct people who were being wrong on the internet.  I really do know better than that. 

And it doesn't matter to me who it was trying to get the Act debated, just that someone was trying, even if the political reality right now is that no changes will come of it. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Disco Pickle on May 26, 2011, 05:21:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 04:34:57 PM

No, I've just noted a trend in my own replies here that I don't want to continue doing so I'm going to take a break from replying to things I disagree with unless I can do it without being reactive and dickish.  I was already in a foul mood last night and should have just gone to bed instead of trying to correct people who were being wrong on the internet.  I really do know better than that. 

And it doesn't matter to me who it was trying to get the Act debated, just that someone was trying, even if the political reality right now is that no changes will come of it. 

Odd.  I was under the impression that objectivists were results-oriented.

BabylonHoruv

Pickle,  you come across as a bully here.

Requia and I are relatively unpopular, so you unleash on both of us with full vitriol, swearing at us, calling us stupid, etc etc.

Roger, who is both popular and likely to retaliate several times over says similar things and you back down.

I didn't really have a problem with you before but this really bothers me.

Other people give me shit because they have a problem with what I am saying or because they don't like me personally.  You are doing it because I am an easy target and that's some bullshit.  If it was actually a problem with what I was saying you'd have launched into Roger the same way.

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cain

I'm guessing you didn't put a space intentionally? 

Naturally.

Quote from: Lord Glittersnatch on May 26, 2011, 04:19:22 PM
Its like Ive always said. The two things that Democrats and Republicans can agree upon is that the American people are enemies of freedom who are up to no good, and rich people need more money.

Which pretty much boils down to "people like them are the only ones who can be trusted with power and wealth."  In fact, David Brooks, royal courtier to the Beltway elite, has just advocated, this very week, for the restoration of an aristocracy:

QuoteBritain is also blessed with a functioning political culture. It is dominated by people who live in London and who have often known each other since prep school. This makes it gossipy and often incestuous. But the plusses outweigh the minuses.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on May 26, 2011, 07:52:19 PM

Pickle,  you come across as a bully here.

Requia and I are relatively unpopular, so you unleash on both of us with full vitriol, swearing at us, calling us stupid, etc etc.

Roger, who is both popular and likely to retaliate several times over says similar things and you back down.

I didn't really have a problem with you before but this really bothers me.

Other people give me shit because they have a problem with what I am saying or because they don't like me personally.  You are doing it because I am an easy target and that's some bullshit.  If it was actually a problem with what I was saying you'd have launched into Roger the same way.

I must say, I am a little disappointed that DP won't go toe-to-toe with me over this shit.  It's good for the digestion.

As for Requia, EVERYONE bashes on her.  You can't help it.  She's an utter snot, and she's ALWAYS WRONG.  Hell, she couldn't tell the difference between a description of an objectivist, and the person describing it (ie, if you describe the behavior, you must endorse it).  She's a fucking tard of the first water, and deserves everything she gets.

I was gonna go off on you, too, but you at least had the balls to post the above.