News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Reid vs Rand on The Patriot Act

Started by Disco Pickle, May 25, 2011, 04:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:19:55 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:19:12 PM
Oh, and go ahead and make your little revenge thread, Requia.   :lulz:

This should be good.

My revenge thread?  You're the one dragging old arguments all over PD.

Um, yeah.  You can't keep your lies straight for ten minutes, can you?

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:08:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:07:51 PM
Misrepresenting my posts, now?

:lol:

You useless piece of shit.

Not in the least.  I should really make a thread devoted to all the lies you tell about people you don't like.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:19:20 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2011, 09:14:30 PM
I know Slyph has been reading a lot of Objectivist philosophy lately, and in the thread in question, he suggested that actually Objectivists would find the negligent manslaughter as being "more evil", as the level of "evasion" was greater.

But who are you going to trust, a guy who has been driving himself crazy with Ayn Rand's brainfarts for the past few months and had no reason to take one side over the other, or someone looking to score points in a personal argument?

I missed his post.  And I don't see anything wrong with his argument.  Roger's claim however is that Objectivists believe any act of negligence is the same as attempted murder.  There is not, as far as I can tell, any reason for this claim.

Except that "the same", "as bad", "equivalent", "tantamount", etc. are synonymous?

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:20:45 PM
I know Slyph has been reading a lot of Objectivist philosophy lately, and in the thread in question, he suggested that actually Objectivists would find the negligent manslaughter as being "more evil", as the level of "evasion" was greater.

But who are you going to trust, a guy who has been driving himself crazy with Ayn Rand's brainfarts for the past few months and had no reason to take one side over the other, or someone looking to score points in a personal argument?

I missed his post.  And I don't see anything wrong with his argument.  Roger's claim however is that Objectivists believe any act of negligence is the same as attempted murder.  There is not, as far as I can tell, any reason for this claim.

I had assumed that there was some part of objectivism I wasn't aware of that led Roger to this, but when I questioned him he immediately lost his shit.

No, I made fun of you, for being your normal dumbfuck know-it-all self.

So you took a cheap shot at my Grandfather's passing, and fled for a week or so.

I still have a hard time believing that dropping the argument while you made plans for a funeral was some horrible cheap shot.

I mean, FFS, its more respectful to be a total asshole and ignore your loss?  I must have missed that memo.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 09:22:46 PM

Except that "the same", "as bad", "equivalent", "tantamount", etc. are synonymous?

Unless you're being pedantic about my use of 'the same' I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Phox

I had assumed that there was some part of objectivism I wasn't aware of that led Roger to this, but when I questioned him he immediately lost his shit.

So you took a cheap shot at my Grandfather's passing, and fled for a week or so.
No no, Roger you totally lost your shit. Because you know, when people challenge you, you have to assert your alpha status. Just ask CU. Requia has been, obviously.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:23:02 PM
I still have a hard time believing that dropping the argument while you made plans for a funeral was some horrible cheap shot.

Then maybe you should get your assburgers treated until you can make a simple statement without being incredibly offensive.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:21:57 PM

This should be good.

Not in the least.  I should really make a thread devoted to all the lies you tell about people you don't like.

Other thread, not this one, right now I'm just responding to other people.  But I can see the confusion.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:24:07 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 09:22:46 PM

Unless you're being pedantic about my use of 'the same' I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Disco Pickle

So..  Man, that Patriot Act.  That's some Act, hu?   :)
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:25:00 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:21:57 PM

This should be good.

Other thread, not this one, right now I'm just responding to other people.  But I can see the confusion.

Are we speaking the same language?  Of course we are.  You're just lying non-stop.

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:24:46 PM

Then maybe you should get your assburgers treated until you can make a simple statement without being incredibly offensive.

Yeah, I've never been very good about how to act when people die, and they don't cover that in the treatment regiment.  I would think however, that the actions were pretty clear.

Adios

I mean, FFS, its more respectful to be a total asshole and ignore your loss?  I must have missed that memo.

Now you have officially crossed my line. You are a piece of shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Disco Pickle on May 26, 2011, 09:25:52 PM

Sorry, dude.  Requia has to SHOW ME.

If ya want, I'll split the thread when the mess is over.

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:27:51 PM
Quote from: Disco Pickle on May 26, 2011, 09:25:52 PM

Sorry, dude.  Requia has to SHOW ME.

If ya want, I'll split the thread when the mess is over.

I promise to refrain from any accusations of mod abuse if you split the thread right away in this case.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:27:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:24:46 PM

Yeah, I've never been very good about how to act when people die, and they don't cover that in the treatment regiment.  I would think however, that the actions were pretty clear.

So, in your world, "YOUR GRANDDAD DIED, AND THAT'S TOO BAD BECAUSE I WAS ENJOYING THIS" is the same as "Sorry about your grandfather".

You really are a worthless bag of skin.