News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Reid vs Rand on The Patriot Act

Started by Disco Pickle, May 25, 2011, 04:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:28:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:27:51 PM
Quote from: Disco Pickle on May 26, 2011, 09:25:52 PM
So..  Man, that Patriot Act.  That's some Act, hu?   :)

Sorry, dude.  Requia has to SHOW ME.

If ya want, I'll split the thread when the mess is over.

I promise to refrain from any accusations of mod abuse if you split the thread right away in this case.

1.  Your promises are worthless and

2.  So is your opinion.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Are you going to split every thread Requia decides to show us all how much smarter than the rest of us it is?

Phox

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:24:07 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 09:22:46 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:19:20 PM
Quote from: Cain on May 26, 2011, 09:14:30 PM
I know Slyph has been reading a lot of Objectivist philosophy lately, and in the thread in question, he suggested that actually Objectivists would find the negligent manslaughter as being "more evil", as the level of "evasion" was greater.

But who are you going to trust, a guy who has been driving himself crazy with Ayn Rand's brainfarts for the past few months and had no reason to take one side over the other, or someone looking to score points in a personal argument?

I missed his post.  And I don't see anything wrong with his argument.  Roger's claim however is that Objectivists believe any act of negligence is the same as attempted murder.  There is not, as far as I can tell, any reason for this claim.

Except that "the same", "as bad", "equivalent", "tantamount", etc. are synonymous?

Unless you're being pedantic about my use of 'the same' I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Pedantry?  :eek:

Roger was saying that Objectivists believe that negligence is a crime tantamount to attempted murder. Short handed in an easily understood way that when a pedantic asshole comes along they could misrepresent it as being one and the same. Everyone but YOU understood what he was saying. Fuck off.

FUCK YOU REQUIA DIED FROM THE PATRIOT ACT!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 26, 2011, 09:30:10 PM

Are you going to split every thread Requia decides to show us all how much smarter than the rest of us it is?

That's done by the request of the thread OP.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Requia ☣

Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 09:30:43 PM
I know Slyph has been reading a lot of Objectivist philosophy lately, and in the thread in question, he suggested that actually Objectivists would find the negligent manslaughter as being "more evil", as the level of "evasion" was greater.

But who are you going to trust, a guy who has been driving himself crazy with Ayn Rand's brainfarts for the past few months and had no reason to take one side over the other, or someone looking to score points in a personal argument?

I missed his post.  And I don't see anything wrong with his argument.  Roger's claim however is that Objectivists believe any act of negligence is the same as attempted murder.  There is not, as far as I can tell, any reason for this claim.

Except that "the same", "as bad", "equivalent", "tantamount", etc. are synonymous?

Unless you're being pedantic about my use of 'the same' I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Roger was saying that Objectivists believe that negligence is a crime tantamount to attempted murder. Short handed in an easily understood way that when a pedantic asshole comes along they could misrepresent it as being one and the same. Everyone but YOU understood what he was saying. Fuck off.

Ok, so you're being pedantic as fuck, because I didn't use the right words for you.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:32:08 PM
Ok, so you're being pedantic as fuck, because I didn't use the right words for you.

This is like Nixon calling a used-car dealer dishonest.

:lulz:  :lulz:  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Ah, psycho stalkers.

I have them.

8)

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:31:13 PM

I smell an Unlimited thread in the near future.  :lulz:

Phox

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:32:08 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 09:30:43 PM

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

I GOT CALLED PEDANTIC BY REQUIA! DOES THIS MEAN I WIN THE INTERBUTTS!?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on May 26, 2011, 09:33:32 PM

Not by me.  I'm involved.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 09:34:08 PM

You should put it in your sig, link included, for posterity.  That's some achievement.   :lulz:

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:34:25 PM

I'd just like to say I have a fuckton of respect for you, solely based on this issue.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:35:10 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on May 26, 2011, 09:34:08 PM

You should put it in your sig, link included, for posterity.  That's some achievement.   :lulz:
Done.  :lulz:

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:33:20 PM
Ah, psycho stalkers.

I have them.

8)

Only because you play with them.  It's like a scab, if you keep picking at it, it'll never go away.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Adios

Quote from: Requia ☣ on May 26, 2011, 09:35:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 26, 2011, 09:34:25 PM

I'd just like to say I have a fuckton of respect for you, solely based on this issue.

Yeah...I just bet he sleeps better tonight knowing that.