News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

God takes another swipe at Khara

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 23, 2011, 03:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: Luna on May 27, 2011, 11:13:13 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 27, 2011, 11:08:26 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 27, 2011, 03:38:31 PM
I liked Pennsylvania.  Sure, we had weather, but it didn't fuck around.  When it rained, it RAINED.  When it snowed, we didn't get the tentative 2-3 inches at a time, with the occasional daring 6 inches that farts around up here, we got FEET at a time, the skies opened up and just took a big, white dump.  When we got tornadoes, no warnings, no fucking around, WHAM, town gone.

If you are like me, you left PA because of the fucking people. Land? Beautiful. Weather? Awesome and/or terrifying. People? Inbred Republicans or Amish (also inbred).

I have nothing negative to say at all about the Amish.  We had some near where I grew up.  Kept to themselves, minded their own business.  When the tornadoes hit and wiped out pretty much every fucking building for miles (the only building left standing and structurally intact enough to be used was the church, go figure), the Amish bussed in their out of state members, they put up their barns and houses (in that order), then turned around and said, "what do you need?"  If you needed to borrow a tool, if they didn't need it, you were welcome to it.  If you needed an extra few strong backs to get walls up, you had 'em.

Yeah, say what you will about the Amish, but they actually /live/ the golden rule. It's the rest you have to watch out for.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Luna on May 27, 2011, 11:13:13 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on May 27, 2011, 11:08:26 PM
Quote from: Luna on May 27, 2011, 03:38:31 PM
I liked Pennsylvania.  Sure, we had weather, but it didn't fuck around.  When it rained, it RAINED.  When it snowed, we didn't get the tentative 2-3 inches at a time, with the occasional daring 6 inches that farts around up here, we got FEET at a time, the skies opened up and just took a big, white dump.  When we got tornadoes, no warnings, no fucking around, WHAM, town gone.

If you are like me, you left PA because of the fucking people. Land? Beautiful. Weather? Awesome and/or terrifying. People? Inbred Republicans or Amish (also inbred).

I have nothing negative to say at all about the Amish.  We had some near where I grew up.  Kept to themselves, minded their own business.  When the tornadoes hit and wiped out pretty much every fucking building for miles (the only building left standing and structurally intact enough to be used was the church, go figure), the Amish bussed in their out of state members, they put up their barns and houses (in that order), then turned around and said, "what do you need?"  If you needed to borrow a tool, if they didn't need it, you were welcome to it.  If you needed an extra few strong backs to get walls up, you had 'em.

Yeah, I grew up around them, too. They owned farms on either side of my uncle's property. I don't really have good or bad to say about them. They didn't get on with my uncle very well so they pretty much stayed away from my family. 'cept we used to collect the horse shoes their horses left on the side of the road and take 'em back. And we'd see their kids out picking blue berries - but they always ran home when they saw us.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.