News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Hey, remember the 'jetpack' from a few years back?

Started by Telarus, May 30, 2011, 05:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

They've just recently accomplished a 5,000 ft+ test flight and parachute deployment (unmanned, obviously, as it's the first ever parachute controlled decent of a 'jetpack' EVER).

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/kiwi-invented-jetpack-reaches-new-heights-4197115/video?vid=4197121

Makes me shiver.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Kai

Awesome.

My first question is, when is the first human flight test?

And then of course my second is, how many of these are the US government going to purchase?  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Laughin Jude

Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension