News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Budweiser & Clamato: A Review

Started by Eater of Clowns, May 31, 2011, 01:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 01, 2011, 08:43:22 PM
Nigel, I'm not saying to use some sort of triple-bock for it, but more like the suggestions further upthread: Red Stripe, Tecate, maybe even a Victory Pilsner...  Just not Bud.

Waste of good beer. Like I said, the other strong flavors completely overwhelm the beer, and you really don't want a beer with a flavor strong enough to compete.

I mostly use Tecate because I like the lightly skunkier undertone, but PBR or Hamms or Budweiser work just as well.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 08:45:57 PM
Nigel, I'm not saying to use some sort of triple-bock for it, but more like the suggestions further upthread: Red Stripe, Tecate, maybe even a Victory Pilsner...  Just not Bud.

Waste of good beer. I mostly use Tecate because I like the lightly skunkier undertone, but PBR or Hamms or Budweiser work just as well.

Nigel, I am thinking this is still a regional thing.  *shrug*

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on June 01, 2011, 08:45:53 PM
Nope.  I know a lot of uh crackahs? who drink shit beer and leave it in SPADES at my house.

Guess what my solution is?  :D

You guys just don't get it.  :lulz:

...and THAT is ok.

I'll add lime and salt MAYBE to a watery Mexican beer, but there's ONE special treatment I like to give American domestic piss water.

I think the only way to get it is to be someone who likes cheladas.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on June 01, 2011, 08:46:56 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 08:45:57 PM
Nigel, I'm not saying to use some sort of triple-bock for it, but more like the suggestions further upthread: Red Stripe, Tecate, maybe even a Victory Pilsner...  Just not Bud.

Waste of good beer. I mostly use Tecate because I like the lightly skunkier undertone, but PBR or Hamms or Budweiser work just as well.

Nigel, I am thinking this is still a regional thing.  *shrug*

Yeah, it's funny, it seems to be... but I know they make red beer in a lot of Eastern cities, so you would think...  :?

Luna

Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 08:48:28 PM
Quote from: Jenne on June 01, 2011, 08:45:53 PM
Nope.  I know a lot of uh crackahs? who drink shit beer and leave it in SPADES at my house.

Guess what my solution is?  :D

You guys just don't get it.  :lulz:

...and THAT is ok.

I'll add lime and salt MAYBE to a watery Mexican beer, but there's ONE special treatment I like to give American domestic piss water.

I think the only way to get it is to be someone who likes cheladas.  :lulz:

Probably true.

Shitty beer left at my place?  Either serve to next batch of guests (likely the same ones who left it there in the first place), or cook with it.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Jenne

...I've begun to cook with it more.  Beer can chicken being one.

I totally get the "ew" factor, btw.  TOTALLY.  Because that was ME back in the day.  I had to sneak the fuck up on it.  Plus, it's BUD.  But you know what?  If it works, it works. 

And it inspired me to make my own.  :D  Win-win.  But I so do NOT blame those who think it's totally gross because, once upon a time, so did I!

Luna

Quote from: Jenne on June 01, 2011, 08:59:20 PM
...I've begun to cook with it more.  Beer can chicken being one.

I totally get the "ew" factor, btw.  TOTALLY.  Because that was ME back in the day.  I had to sneak the fuck up on it.  Plus, it's BUD.  But you know what?  If it works, it works. 

And it inspired me to make my own.  :D  Win-win.  But I so do NOT blame those who think it's totally gross because, once upon a time, so did I!

I don't blame people who drink the shit...  More power to you, and more Guinness left in the cooler for ME.   :lulz:

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I totally don't blame anyone for thinking it's gross. It sounds awful.  :D

But people who don't like cheladas telling people who do how they "should" make them is like a lifelong vegan instructing ECH on BBQ pork.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 09:01:35 PM

But people who don't like cheladas telling people who do how they "should" make them is like a lifelong vegan instructing ECH on BBQ pork.

I'm sorry if you took my comments as me talling you how to make this drink.  I was only sharing how I make the drink, not telling you what to do.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Khara on June 01, 2011, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 09:01:35 PM

I'm sorry if you took my comments as me talling you how to make this drink.  I was only sharing how I make the drink, not telling you what to do.

I didn't... you wouldn't be a person who doesn't like cheladas, you were just sharing your recipe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

(I'm referring more to the "EWWWW THAT SOUNDS GROSS! YOU SHOULD USE BETTER BEER!" contingent. Which has been quite a few people including LMNO and Luna, who just don't know.)

Luna

Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 09:10:19 PM
(I'm referring more to the "EWWWW THAT SOUNDS GROSS! YOU SHOULD USE BETTER BEER!" contingent. Which has been quite a few people including LMNO and Luna, who just don't know.)

Oh, no, no!  I'm not saying a damn thing about making them.  Wouldn't presume to comment on any of the drinks mentioned in this thread, other than the canned Bud version, since that's the only one I've tried.

I'm saying I'd rather buy beer that doesn't have to have that shit put in it, and drink it straight. 

Jenne

...welp, suffice it to say, if you think tomato juice and anything is gross, you won't like cheladas at all.  Ever.  Pretty much.  I have a sis-in-law who's like that.  She'll take the lime-n-salt version, but nix the tomato/clamato for her.  Is fine. 

Diff'rent strokes, man.

Jenne

NEW ADVENTURE I'd like to try for science:

A YOGURT-y VERSION.

Because, here's the thing--minty-salty-yogurt (plain yogurt, mind you) drinks are all the rage in the Middle East.  They have two different names, depending on where you get them:  Lassi and Dough (sounds like "d'oh" but with a clearing of the throat afterward).  Indians make the lassis (usually with mango, but you can get the minty/salty plain kind too if you ask), Persians make the doughs.

So my challenge now is to figure out what would make a good liquor or whatever to add to make 'em hoocherific.  For science.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Luna on June 01, 2011, 09:11:54 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on June 01, 2011, 09:10:19 PM

Oh, no, no!  I'm not saying a damn thing about making them.  Wouldn't presume to comment on any of the drinks mentioned in this thread, other than the canned Bud version, since that's the only one I've tried.

I'm saying I'd rather buy beer that doesn't have to have that shit put in it, and drink it straight. 

You don't like cheladas. That's fine. Lots of people don't.