News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Deepest living animal discovered

Started by Disco Pickle, June 03, 2011, 04:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on June 03, 2011, 09:13:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 03, 2011, 05:07:14 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 03, 2011, 05:05:51 PM
Or sharks just have good taste.  Plausible alternative hypothesis, ITT

AC/DC is not in any sane universe1 "good taste".

1  Naturally, this means England gets an exception.

Your ears require adjusting. AC/DC was full of awesome.

That's only because at your age, you can ONLY hear low frequency sound.  Everything else must look like mimes in spandex.

But the raw truth is, AC/DC is the third most overrated band in history, right after Led Zepplin and The Doors.  All their songs sound the same, and their concerts were utterly indistinguishable from each other.  It's almost as if Lemmy had a retarded kid who formed a band.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 03, 2011, 09:20:14 PM

That's only because at your age, you can ONLY hear low frequency sound.  Everything else must look like mimes in spandex.

But the raw truth is, AC/DC is the third most overrated band in history, right after Led Zepplin and The Doors.  All their songs sound the same, and their concerts were utterly indistinguishable from each other.  It's almost as if Lemmy had a retarded kid who formed a band.

:lulz:

Asshole

Jasper

I listen to AC/DC sometimes, not because of the quality of the music, but because it has a certain attitude that pleases me when I'm in a certain mood.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jasper on June 03, 2011, 11:01:48 PM
I listen to AC/DC sometimes, not because of the quality of the music, but because it has a certain attitude that pleases me when I'm in a certain mood.

"Stoned in a pool parlor"?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jasper

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

BabylonHoruv

Do AC/DC get put in the same category as Led Zeppelin and the Doors?  I don't know anyone who thinks of them as anything but fun, energetic music.  More akin to the Ramones or Nirvana.  Although admittedly some fools pretend that Nirvana is truly great music too.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Jasper

Nah!  AC/DC's not supposed to be talent.  It's supposed to be raw, shitty, noisy criminal exuberance.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Jasper

Bruno

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 06, 2011, 01:40:52 AM

Do AC/DC get put in the same category as Led Zeppelin and the Doors?  I don't know anyone who thinks of them as anything but fun, energetic music.  More akin to the Ramones or Nirvana.  Although admittedly some fools pretend that Nirvana is truly great music too.

All singing is dumb. If you have something to say, just say it.

There's no need to be all changing the pitch of your voice to make different notes and shit.

And don't get me started on rhyming! :crankey:
Formerly something else...

Telarus

Quote from: Jasper on June 06, 2011, 02:10:28 AM
What the devil?

"Maui" the shark god, turned into a surf logo("Maui & sons"), meets teenage "metal" art from the Islands.

Good gear, tho.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 06, 2011, 01:40:52 AM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I lumped them in, if you'd read my post.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jasper on June 06, 2011, 01:56:04 AM
Nah!  AC/DC's not supposed to be talent.  It's supposed to be raw, shitty, noisy criminal exuberance.

Much like my last poomp.