News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

"Stalin did Roswell"

Started by Cain, June 04, 2011, 02:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Anyone come across this theory before?

It basically asserts that Stalin trained a bunch of genetically deformed children to be pilots, stuck them in a flying saucer and had them crash in Roswell, presumably in an attempt to win The World's Most Convoluted And Useless Psy-Op Award. 

This was brought up very briefly in the new book on Area 51 (which is mostly sober and serious, and focussing on secret technology developed by American scientists, as opposed to the technology developed by Reptilian Shapeshifters From the 4th Dimension), and while it sounds fairly retarded, it's no more retarded than some theories about what happened there.

Igor

It seems to be a new one, and comes from this book:
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/17/136356848/area-51-uncensored-was-it-ufos-or-the-ussr

Most of the book covers the sane explanations; military experiments, nuclear testing, etc. All using historical records and interviews with people who lived and worked at Area 51.

But then! The author makes contact with an unnamed source who breaks down and starts telling all about the soviet genetic experiments.
(The good bits are under the "Interview Highlights" section of the above article.)

If I were a cynical man, I'd say that she realised a sane book wasn't going to sell, so she tacked on a last chapter of crazy to fill it out.

Edit: apparently I am stupid and did not read your last paragraph. Oops.
Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.

Phox

Quote from: Cain on June 04, 2011, 02:46:16 PM
Anyone come across this theory before?

It basically asserts that Stalin trained a bunch of genetically deformed children to be pilots, stuck them in a flying saucer and had them crash in Roswell, presumably in an attempt to win The World's Most Convoluted And Useless Psy-Op Award. 

This was brought up very briefly in the new book on Area 51 (which is mostly sober and serious, and focussing on secret technology developed by American scientists, as opposed to the technology developed by Reptilian Shapeshifters From the 4th Dimension), and while it sounds fairly retarded, it's no more retarded than some theories about what happened there.
Yea,h I saw the interview she did on he Daily Show. I was skeptical, to say the least.

The Good Reverend Roger

Heard this one at work.  One of my guys collects conspiracy theories (he doesn't believe him, he just loves the nuttiness).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.