News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Oil Pulling

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 04, 2011, 08:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, just when I didn't think gullible "alternative medicine" fans could come up with ANYTHING stupider...

http://www.oilpulling.org/oil-pulling/

Seriously. What. Just what. 

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Damn, I need to invent some dumb shit too.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I know! There's got to be a way to make money off these rubes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_pulling

Sounds like a load of crap, but what do I know?  :roll:
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Suu

It's Ayurvedic. Nothing to see here, just go about your business...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Quote from: Your Mom on June 04, 2011, 08:22:30 PM

BEAD THERAPY!!!! BEADS CAN ALIGN CHAKRAS!!!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like this article: http://www.lisabarger.com/oil_pulling_debunked/  :lulz:

The best part is that oil pulling appears to be something recently invented out of whole cloth.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on June 04, 2011, 08:23:32 PM

OMG TOTALLY!

I should make "chakra" sets. I bet they would sell like crazy.

Suu

Quote from: Your Mom on June 04, 2011, 08:25:02 PM

OMG TOTALLY!

YES. DO IT.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on June 04, 2011, 08:27:41 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on June 04, 2011, 08:25:02 PM

OMG TOTALLY!

YES. DO IT.

I wonder how long it would take me to lose my mind.

Suu

Or get a contract with some sort of alternative catalog like Pyramid Collection or something.

How hard could it be? Make a few hundred beads in rainbow colors?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Suu on June 04, 2011, 08:29:47 PM
Or get a contract with some sort of alternative catalog like Pyramid Collection or something.

:lulz: That doesn't sound mind-numbingly tedious at all!

Adios

Quote from: Your Mom on June 04, 2011, 08:34:00 PM

But if it pays the rent...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on June 04, 2011, 08:43:33 PM
Quote from: Your Mom on June 04, 2011, 08:34:00 PM

But if it pays the rent...

It's funny to joke about, but seriously, no way. :lulz: If I wanted to pay the bills by doing something I hate, I'd go back to retail. It would be preferable to ruining my joy, inspiration, creative integrity, and professional reputation.

Salty

QuoteAll different treatments sold to cure diseases ignore or ignorant about the built-in wisdom, capacity and power of the body to cure itself if given time and support. A WHO report states that 80 % of world population relies on natural healing as their primary form of health care. Oil Pulling stimulates and supports the healing system of the body in curing all diseases.

You know you're in trouble when you ask "How does it work." and you get hit with that bullshit.

Yes, the body is mostly responsible for the actual healing of itself given opportunity.
Yes, the will to heal is AN important factor in overall health.
Yes, the mind is often responsible for conditions within the body.

But these whackos want to DEPEND on that built-in system. And medicine, for the most part, exists for when those systems fail. They fail often and in new and fascinating ways.

As an aside, that dependable failure is why I hate the concept of health insurance. You wanna bet I'm gonna get sick? NO SHIT. Humans get sick, it is a part of life. I don't want health insurance, I want health CARE.

But if you agree that much of alternative healing begins and ends in the mind it's a very short step to snake oil. Actually it's no step because whether you know it or not you're already slithering on the ground.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.