News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

The Spiritual Crossroads.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., June 06, 2011, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 08, 2011, 02:01:37 AM
Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 08, 2011, 01:57:21 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 08, 2011, 01:56:15 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 08, 2011, 01:42:10 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 08, 2011, 01:28:18 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 07, 2011, 02:46:28 PM
"No proselytizing."

What the hell is wrong with proselytizing?

There's a section of the board for it.  You know how pagans are though, not fond of having their beliefs challenged.

Oh, a ghetto.

How nice.

Kinda my thoughts on the 'Fight Club' board too.

They are both pretty intentionally designed as ghettos, I won't deny it.

really? I had no idea. None what so ever.

The Good Reverend Roger

"No proselytizing."

There's a section of the board for it.  You know how pagans are though, not fond of having their beliefs challenged.

Oh, a ghetto.

How nice.

Yeah, thought so.  Done here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"No proselytizing."

Oh, a ghetto.

How nice.

Like I said. A corner.

Quote from: Your Mom on June 08, 2011, 01:43:42 AM
"No proselytizing."

They certainly are OK with challenging other people's beliefs, though.

Just not effectively, so when you argue back and it completely annihilates their position, they BAWWWW for a mod to put you in a corner.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

I know if someone comes to me complaining that his or her beliefs are being challenged I'm going to laugh, and then maybe tell them to invite their challenger to Convert Me for a proper ideological brawl.

Curiousity and Wyldkat may have a different approach.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Well, maybe you should rename Convert Me to something cool-sounding. Like "Reverend Goatbox's Bully Pulpit".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Your Mom on June 08, 2011, 03:21:18 AM
Well, maybe you should rename Convert Me to something cool-sounding. Like "Reverend Goatbox's Bully Pulpit".

Or "Come down here where nobody will listen to you."

Or "See this big empty fucking area with 3 posts and no reads?  You.  Get inside."

Or "Unapproved Topics Go Here."

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 08, 2011, 03:23:49 AM

Or "See this big empty fucking area with 3 posts and no reads?  You.  Get inside."

These are all excellent, accurate suggestions.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Your Mom on June 08, 2011, 03:27:53 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 08, 2011, 03:23:49 AM

Or "See this big empty fucking area with 3 posts and no reads?  You.  Get inside."

These are all excellent, accurate suggestions.

Oh oh!  Mistah Kottah!

"GET YOUR MONKEY ASS IN HERE, INFIDEL!"

Wyldkat

We're still starting up, things will change as we figure things out.  The forums in question suffered through debate before they were put up, so we'll see what happens.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh hey! It's a brand-new forum, yet they have post-count-restricted subforae. With no content, that NO ONE can get into, because it's a brand new forum.  :lulz:

That isn't completely retarded at all.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Your Mom on June 08, 2011, 08:21:37 PM
Oh hey! It's a brand-new forum, yet they have post-count-restricted subforae. With no content, that NO ONE can get into, because it's a brand new forum.  :lulz:

That isn't completely retarded at all.

Sounds like borderline spam time to me to see the cool shit, no?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also there's already an elite userbase that already has access to the hidden forums, and specifically wanted to keep the raggedy n00bs out.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Your Mom on June 09, 2011, 12:00:32 AM
Also there's already an elite userbase that already has access to the hidden forums, and specifically wanted to keep the raggedy n00bs out.

REALLY? :lulz:

OFUK

HEY TC MODS!!! I AM GOING TO BE DOING THINGS THAT BREAK THE SPIRIT OF THE FORUM!!!!!

Idiots.

Jenne

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 09, 2011, 01:38:14 AM
Quote from: Your Mom on June 09, 2011, 12:00:32 AM

REALLY? :lulz:

OFUK

HEY TC MODS!!! I AM GOING TO BE DOING THINGS THAT BREAK THE SPIRIT OF THE FORUM!!!!!

Idiots.

In all fairness, after I started raising hell things were explained to my satisfaction, and it seems to be a case of simple bungling. I explained why transparency is important, we'll see if it sticks.

I think it's a cool experiment, to try to make a Pagan board that lacks the rigidity and totalitarian hierarchy they're prone to, and I would enjoy seeing it succeed, if for no other reason than that it will suck the life out of every other Pagan board out there.