News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

The Spiritual Crossroads.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., June 06, 2011, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 30, 2011, 05:20:06 AM
Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 30, 2011, 05:18:27 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 30, 2011, 05:16:05 AM
Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 30, 2011, 05:11:11 AM
TSC  :kingmeh:

Yeah, the only thing I've really paid much attention to on it today was the whole BH thing.

"If you only believe hard enough your magic will work" :kingmeh:
"it's ok to want to murderfuck someone as long as it's only in your head" :kingmeh:
"sometimes when you make soup it's not soup" :kingmeh:
"my dad can't swim therefore magic works" :kingmeh:

lolwut

It's in one of the magic threads.
http://rampant-griffon.net/spiritualcrossroads/index.php?topic=202.msg4864#msg4864

Wyldkat

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on June 28, 2011, 10:07:40 PM
Quote from: Wyldkat on June 28, 2011, 09:56:57 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on June 28, 2011, 02:30:50 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 28, 2011, 02:20:02 PM
All I know is that I occasionally get to poop on jackasses from TCC.

No, but Roger, we're supposed to start fresh as if nothing ever happened, and keep any references to past experiences in their Approved Zones™.

(Or we might make Wyldkat cry, because the forum is like one of her children.)

You know, the way you twist things around to suit you is really getting old.  Stating my opinion that filling the rest of the forum with angst is obnoxious when there are already MULTIPLE threads in MULTIPLE forums about the topic is not the same thing as "keep any references to past experiences in their Approved Zones™" at least not in this universe.  No one has ever tried to stop anyone from discussing their issues about anything at TSC.

You have been allowed to post your opinions on whatever you want to, but you jump on me for posting mine.  That is hypocritical.  Do you really want to be allowed to say whatever you want and dictate what others can and cannot say?  Not only that, but you are stooping to calling me names and insulting me for it as well.  In all honesty I hadn't expected you to act like that because it reminds me of activity elsewhere that you have violently condemned....

What name did I call you? "Whiny" is an adjective, not a bad name. And how on earth is it hypocritical to complain about your complaining?  :lulz: You jump all over people all the time, in your whiny guilt-trippy way, for posting shit that you don't like. It would be one thing if you were like "hey guys keep your shit out of my thread" but you jump into other people's threads over it too, with "I just don't like reading negativity" etc.

It's fucking lame and comes off as super-board-nanny, and it's happened what, six, eight times in the last few weeks? So I'm just not interested in posting on your forum. The end. What are you going to do about it?

"Whiny" is insulting and I would call "forum nanny" calling names along the lines of school yard taunts.

I have replied where I have felt the need to reply and have continued the conversation in those threads when other people have continued it.  That's how forums work last time I checked.

You don't have to post there if you don't want to, it's totally your choice but personally I'll miss your input.  {shrugs}

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You have a funny way of showing it. Sure doesn't sound like you'll miss it to me. Calling out what you're doing is just calling out what you're doing... maybe you should examine what that is, rather than trying to dismiss it as personal insults instead of a criticism of behavior.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 30, 2011, 05:20:06 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on June 30, 2011, 05:16:05 AM
Quote from: Canis latrans securis on June 30, 2011, 05:11:11 AM
TSC  :kingmeh:

Yeah, the only thing I've really paid much attention to on it today was the whole BH thing.

"If you only believe hard enough your magic will work" :kingmeh:
"it's ok to want to murderfuck someone as long as it's only in your head" :kingmeh:
"my dad can't swim therefore magic works" :kingmeh:

lolwut

Makes as much sense as any other justification of magical thinking.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Wyldkat

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on June 30, 2011, 06:44:12 AM
You have a funny way of showing it. Sure doesn't sound like you'll miss it to me. Calling out what you're doing is just calling out what you're doing... maybe you should examine what that is, rather than trying to dismiss it as personal insults instead of a criticism of behavior.

Ok, in the universe I grew up in saying stuff like that was viewed as insulting.  I was brought up not calling people names, not using words and phrases that could come across that way.  I was taught not to be rude.  In all the adult contact I have had I have never had people use words and phrases that I was brought up to view as insulting in anything but an insulting and/or rude manner.  If that was not the manner you intended it, then I'm sorry I took it that way but it also makes you the only adult I know who says things like that and doesn't intend them to be insulting.

Here's where I'm coming from.  I am not trying to guilt anyone into anything or out of anything.  That has never been my intention or design, and I was honestly surprised people took it that way (go internet and lack of nuance).  I am doing my best to be open and honest about where I am coming from at TSC.  I willing admit I have a ton of issues stemming from TCC.  Most of it I haven't discussed anywhere but privately.  Part of why I joined up at TSC was the idea that anyone could share what they wanted and not worry about over the top modding.  I very often didn't post what I felt at TCC because of exactly that.  I can post what I want at TSC and am enjoying that freedom.  You all can ignore me just as easily as I can ignore you.  You all can post your thoughts, I can post mine.  That's the concept and except for some glitches, like this, seems to be working pretty well over all.

There's a thread on magic that canis linked to in this thread where we are freely debating the existence and workability of magic.  It's a very polarized subject but the people involved are dealing with it seriously and (for the most part) being respectful even though the views are very different.  That is an example of something I'd love to see your input on.

As I have said, please call us on our shit.  I take all constructive criticism I get very seriously.

Telarus

TSC is still leaps and bounds above TCC.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Wyldkat

Quote from: Telarus on June 30, 2011, 07:20:14 AM
TSC is still leaps and bounds above TCC.

Thank you.  I'm glad you feel that way.  :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Precious Moments Zalgo

That totally happens to me all the time, like I'll make a soup with a lot of rice or noodles in it, and then the next day when I go for leftovers, the rice or noodles will have soaked up all the broth and it'll be stew instead.

:magick:

PMZ,
Hasn't read the thread in question because it's behind a login-wall.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Pastor Mungbean Zucchini on July 01, 2011, 02:25:34 AM
That totally happens to me all the time, like I'll make a soup with a lot of rice or noodles in it, and then the next day when I go for leftovers, the rice or noodles will have soaked up all the broth and it'll be stew instead.

PMZ,

She did mention porridge instead of soup on accident, but still, not magic.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Pastor Mungbean Zucchini on July 01, 2011, 02:25:34 AM

PMZ,

It's a post count restricted section as well, but if you register and msg me I'll bump you so you can see it.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Doktor Howl

Wait.

Cooking is post-count restricted?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 01, 2011, 08:00:51 PM
Wait.

Cooking is post-count restricted?   :lulz:

soup is not soup is a post in the thread on magic, in the spell sharing board, which is post count restricted.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Kai

Ah, yes. More pagan new age woo.

Slap any labels on it you want, dress it up beautiful, paint it with pretty colors, wrap it with ribbons, and it's still bullshit, and it still smells like bullshit. Just like any of the other systems of supernaturalism endorsed by religions.

To guild refined gold
to paint the lilly
to pour perfume on the violet
is just fucking silly.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on July 02, 2011, 06:17:36 PM
Ah, yes. More pagan new age woo.

Slap any labels on it you want, dress it up beautiful, paint it with pretty colors, wrap it with ribbons, and it's still bullshit, and it still smells like bullshit. Just like any of the other systems of supernaturalism endorsed by religions.

Except :bob: of course.
Molon Lube