News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

The Spiritual Crossroads.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., June 06, 2011, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

You fucking ass hats.  :lulz:

Also, black/gold or navy/white is NOT a bad color combo.

Santa Rita HS,
gold/green.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Ours were red and white, and our mascot was a cardinal that was drawn to look like a fucking screaming eagle attacking, when he wasn't a big musclebound guy with a little redbird head. High school = herp derp.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

One of the schools I went to (we moved around when I was a kid) had black and orange.  School spirit days looked like fucking Halloween.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As far as I can tell, Wyldkat has slipped right back into her TCC ways, defending people who behave abusively and modding for spurious reasons. I have no idea why CPD and BH are going along with it, though to be fair I haven't seen CPD around.

It's like abusive behavior (lying about your identity in order to harass other posters, threatening physical violence) triggers something in her that makes her irrationally defend the abuser. My guess is that she was emotionally and/or physically abused as a child, but that's always been my guess with that one. Defending and rationalizing abusive people's behaviors while blaming the victim is very typical of people who were abused as kids, unless they get some pretty intensive therapy to un-learn it. It's an emotional defense mechanism that may help them survive as kids, but is not useful as an adult.

I saw this pattern with her and the bullies at TCC over and over again.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

That, and the "that's just not how I am" excuse any time someone suggested she do anything requiring even the slightest amount of balls.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 17, 2011, 10:29:13 AM
Ours were red and white, and our mascot was a cardinal that was drawn to look like a fucking screaming eagle attacking, when he wasn't a big musclebound guy with a little redbird head. High school = herp derp.

Boston Latin's mascot is a wolf, but apparently the mascot costume looked like a big dopey dog.

Latin Academy (where I went) has the dragon, which was always played by the valedictorian. Not necessarily a bad thing, but a large portion of our diligent students were around 5 feet tall. Kinda made it hard to actually shoot a ball into the hoop during spirit day when that happens.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on July 17, 2011, 05:49:34 PM
That, and the "that's just not how I am" excuse any time someone suggested she do anything requiring even the slightest amount of balls.

I suspect that by allying herself with the person she perceives as most dangerous, she subconsciously believes that she is reducing her chances of getting targeted for abuse. It's a weak position, but typical of fearful people.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

For myself, personally, I wouldn't want my name posted over there.  I wouldn't want ANY of my info over there.  Fucking psycho bastards all over the place.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's one of the reasons I stopped going there. It's a creepy scene where people like Snake-Man and Lena get coddled, people like EBS show up to try to anonymously harass people, anyone who calls out bullshit when they see if gets whined at for not playing nice.

However, anonymity on the internet is not a right, it is a privilege. I'm not saying it's always cool to post the full legal name of everyone who annoys you, but when someone is trying to use anonymity as a tool for harassing people, they no longer deserve the courtesy of anonymity, IMO.

And no, a person's IDENTITY is not the same as their PERSONAL INFORMATION.

Cain

First name alone definitely doesn't count as PI.  It's only Power Word: IRL Name if it is the full name, preferably with the Facebook profile linked to.

Kai

Quote from: Cain on July 17, 2011, 10:24:31 PM
First name alone definitely doesn't count as PI.  It's only Power Word: IRL Name if it is the full name, preferably with the Facebook profile linked to.

QuotePower Word: IRL Name

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on July 17, 2011, 06:20:18 PM

I suspect that by allying herself with the person she perceives as most dangerous, she subconsciously believes that she is reducing her chances of getting targeted for abuse. It's a weak position, but typical of fearful people.

Frankly I think it makes her a liability as a person in a position of authority. Bullies are lightning-quick to pick up on whom they can push around. If raising a meek voice of protest (and usually against the wrong side, at that) is the only thing she's willing to do, she becomes a tool to be manipulated by malicious people.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cainad on July 17, 2011, 10:59:30 PM

Frankly I think it makes her a liability as a person in a position of authority. Bullies are lightning-quick to pick up on whom they can push around. If raising a meek voice of protest (and usually against the wrong side, at that) is the only thing she's willing to do, she becomes a tool to be manipulated by malicious people.

I thought that was the whole diea? That she was there as bait or something like that?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That certainly seems to be the case.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 18, 2011, 12:39:54 AM

I thought that was the whole diea? That she was there as bait or something like that?

I think it's her domain, but I could be wrong.