News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

The Spiritual Crossroads.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., June 06, 2011, 05:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on July 18, 2011, 02:37:47 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 18, 2011, 12:39:54 AM
Quote from: Cainad on July 17, 2011, 10:59:30 PM
Quote from: Nigel on July 17, 2011, 06:20:18 PM
Quote from: Cainad on July 17, 2011, 05:49:34 PM
That, and the "that's just not how I am" excuse any time someone suggested she do anything requiring even the slightest amount of balls.

I suspect that by allying herself with the person she perceives as most dangerous, she subconsciously believes that she is reducing her chances of getting targeted for abuse. It's a weak position, but typical of fearful people.

Frankly I think it makes her a liability as a person in a position of authority. Bullies are lightning-quick to pick up on whom they can push around. If raising a meek voice of protest (and usually against the wrong side, at that) is the only thing she's willing to do, she becomes a tool to be manipulated by malicious people.

I thought that was the whole diea? That she was there as bait or something like that?

I think it's her domain, but I could be wrong.

Her husband is ponying up the space.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 18, 2011, 02:43:40 PM
Quote from: Nigel on July 18, 2011, 02:37:47 PM
Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 18, 2011, 12:39:54 AM
Quote from: Cainad on July 17, 2011, 10:59:30 PM
Quote from: Nigel on July 17, 2011, 06:20:18 PM
Quote from: Cainad on July 17, 2011, 05:49:34 PM
That, and the "that's just not how I am" excuse any time someone suggested she do anything requiring even the slightest amount of balls.

I suspect that by allying herself with the person she perceives as most dangerous, she subconsciously believes that she is reducing her chances of getting targeted for abuse. It's a weak position, but typical of fearful people.

Frankly I think it makes her a liability as a person in a position of authority. Bullies are lightning-quick to pick up on whom they can push around. If raising a meek voice of protest (and usually against the wrong side, at that) is the only thing she's willing to do, she becomes a tool to be manipulated by malicious people.

I thought that was the whole diea? That she was there as bait or something like that?

I think it's her domain, but I could be wrong.

Her husband is ponying up the space.

Yeah, this isn't going to go well. She sticks up for abusers AND she has ownership. Guaranteed that at some point she's going to trot out the "THIS IS MY LIVING ROOM AND YOU HAVE TO RESPECT MY HOME" bullshit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

The forum is attached to her website/domain and her husband is doing all the tech support/server stuff for her website and the hardware end of things. Babs is doing the majority of the forum software updates and such, if I am correct.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on July 18, 2011, 02:53:02 PM
Yeah, this isn't going to go well. She sticks up for abusers AND she has ownership. Guaranteed that at some point she's going to trot out the "THIS IS MY LIVING ROOM AND YOU HAVE TO RESPECT MY HOME" bullshit.

Within 4 weeks.  The shit's already started.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 18, 2011, 04:14:46 PM
Quote from: Nigel on July 18, 2011, 02:53:02 PM

Within 4 weeks.  The shit's already started.

yeah, the control-freaking dooms it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

4 weeks? You guys really think it's going to take that long?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

According to Snakeman, Blacks only go to college to play sports, presumably because they aren't capable of actually learning.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 18, 2011, 06:50:42 PM
4 weeks? You guys really think it's going to take that long?

I think she's going to sulk for a day or two, bust out a long, manipulative guilt-trip spiel about how at least one of us is "twisting her words" or "twisting the facts" (I love how they use that one even when you quote them directly) and hurting her feelings and she's having a hard life, and the board is like a child to her and she's having a nervous breakdown and crying all the time because we can't all get along with people who aren't really webstalking tweakers or racist misogynistic homophobes who threaten us with violence but are really just misunderstood (another case of Discordians twisting people's words, of course) and then she will spend a couple of days clinging to her shit-covered stick and screeching to defend it, and it'll only be after she feels well and truly backed into a corner that she will bust out "THIS IS MY HOUSE AND YOU ARE GUESTS HERE".

She has so far demonstrated that her greatest weakness is an absolute inability to admit she was wrong. Well, actually, that's her second-greatest weakness, after being for some reason compelled to defend people who exhibit abusive behavior.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 18, 2011, 07:26:32 PM
According to Snakeman, Blacks only go to college to play sports, presumably because they aren't capable of actually learning.

That guy just gets better and better. If Wyldkat hadn't actually met him I'd think he was just a really good troll.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on July 18, 2011, 07:28:34 PM

That guy just gets better and better. If Wyldkat hadn't actually met him I'd think he was just a really good troll.

Is Snakey married?  Has he ever said?

Freeky

I'm getting nauseus from all the hate I get each time I read snakeman's posts. :lulz:

Freeky

Quote from: Khara on July 18, 2011, 07:29:50 PM

Is Snakey married?  Has he ever said?

Ex-wife-in-progress.  The story is she cheated on him and got pregnant, and left him.

Doktor Howl

His wife got pregnant from some other dude and left him, apparently.
Molon Lube

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 18, 2011, 07:30:52 PM

His wife got pregnant from some other dude and left him, apparently.

:evil:

Hmmmmm interesting.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 18, 2011, 07:30:39 PM

Is Snakey married?  Has he ever said?

Ex-wife-in-progress.  The story is she cheated on him and got pregnant, and left him.

Betcha ANYTHING it didn't happen in that order.