News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Some guy names his boat Titanic II, boat sinks first time he takes it out.

Started by Disco Pickle, June 08, 2011, 06:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disco Pickle

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2011/0608/Titanic-II-embarks-on-maiden-voyage-lives-up-to-its-name

QuoteMark Wilkinson's second-hand boat, which he rechristened as the Titanic II, behaved on its maiden voyage exactly as one might expect from a vessel with that name.

Mr. Wilkinson towed the 16-foot cabin cruiser, which he had just purchased for about $1,600, from his home in Birmingham, England, and set out on a fishing trip from West Bay harbor in Dorset on Saturday morning. On his way back, as the Titanic II made its way into the harbor and ... well, you can pretty much see this one coming.

According to the Dorset Echo, the coast guard officers and the harbormaster spotted Wilkinson un-ironically clinging to the bow of his rapidly sinking metaphor for hubris. They helped moor the ship, and Wilkinson climbed out of the water unhurt.

The harbormaster speculated that the breach in the Titanic II's fiberglass hull was caused when an old repair job came apart.

"It's all a bit embarrassing," Wilkinson told the Sun newspaper, "I'm fed up with people asking me if I hit an iceberg."

:lulz: :lulz:
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

AFK

But did he have enough lifeboats on board?

Were there any naked redheads on couches? 

These are the important details.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Disco Pickle

Buddy of mine was the first of our group of friends to go see the movie when it came out back in 97 and got a rumor started that Leonardo DiCaprio's frozen hand breaks off in Kate Winslet's at the end, before he sinks.  Naturally, we were suddenly excited to see the movie because that would just be awesome.

One by one we were inevitably disappointed, but kept the rumor going among the rest who hadn't yet gone to the theater and sat through the film.

It was funny every damn time one of us came back all pissed off.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 08, 2011, 07:10:44 PM
Either way, he was a PIRATE.

Yeah, and that's what the dirty pirate gets for giving his boat a losing name. Starting way back at the beginning of time. Kronos named his brothers and sisters the Titans, and look what happened to them. The Titanic I? Beaten by an iceberg! A fucking iceberg! The Tennessee Titans? HAHAHAHA! And now this.