News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Weapon X

Started by Triple Zero, June 12, 2011, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Richter on June 05, 2015, 03:41:21 AM
Spices behave WEIRD in alcohol - you get more of the basic flavor pulled out, and so cinamon can easily overpower a lot.  It's like drinking the cinamon challenge.

The recipe I posted may be pretty involved, but it does blance the flavors decently, and adds the sweet so you don't regret it AS much. 

Good luck, keep experimenting, and please tell us what you find!
I didn't have enough vodka to dilute it drinkable levels.
I now have several jars of concentrated flavor just sitting around.
I need to get more vodka.
Also, I'm considering lemons to add another concentrate to my arsenal.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Richter

The flavor you want out of the lemon is the oil in the peel.  Use a potato peeler and try to get as much yellow, and as little white pith as you can.  Do not use a zester - it jsut shred the oil into the air, and not into your booze. 

I also tried something like what you described with straight vodka and ghost peppers.  nothing else.  It is a chemical weapon, not a drink, and I doubt anything will dilute it enough, ever.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A good zester or zest peeler will do the job. like a small grater, not a grinder or a macerator.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."