News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Another brave, do-or-die moment from the democratic party.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 12, 2011, 05:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Anyone else hear that horrible double "thump" as Pelosi and her lackeys threw Anthony Weiner under the bus?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110612/ap_on_go_co/us_congressman_twitter_photo

QuoteThat announcement came right after House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi of California and Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the national party head, said Weiner must go.

Weiner said at news conference last Monday acknowledged that he had lied in previously saying that he had not sent any photos. Pelosi immediately called for an ethics committee investigation. But it was not until the weekend that leaders said he should step down.

Hoyer said the ethics committee process to decide if Weiner had committed an expellable offense would take time and "I really don't know if we have that time." He said he didn't see how Weiner could stay in office.

Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., said Weiner should resign. "We've got important work to do and this is a ridiculous distraction," he said in an appearance with Hoyer on "Face the Nation" on CBs.

The dems now have a stated policy of throwing to the wolves any member who shows a moment of weakness, or comes under attack.

:lulz:

Boehner is probably weeping with laughter.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Heh, this is all grandstanding.  Bet you this entire controversy has knocked "US expands war in Yemen" and "Yemen slides into civil war" and "Libya conflict now costing more than expected, oh, and its still illegal for the US to be involved" and "US debt ceiling wont be raised - you're all fucked" off the front pages though.

Anything to keep Weiner on the front pages.  The bread's all but run out, but by god the media and Pelosi still know how to provide a circus.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on June 12, 2011, 05:19:42 PM
Heh, this is all grandstanding.  Bet you this entire controversy has knocked "US expands war in Yemen" and "Yemen slides into civil war" and "Libya conflict now costing more than expected, oh, and its still illegal for the US to be involved" and "US debt ceiling wont be raised - you're all fucked" off the front pages though.

Anything to keep Weiner on the front pages.  The bread's all but run out, but by god the media and Pelosi still know how to provide a circus.

This is dead on. Weiner is at best page 6 stuff with everything else going on.

The Good Reverend Roger

Now the dems are apparently LOOKING for their own to purge for substandard morals.

Seems a freshman congressman by the name of Mark Cusack got caught having a little cloakroom nookie with a female staffer of another representative.

And they're going to publicly bastinado him for it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Well, purging worked so well for the Republicans, after all....  :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 12, 2011, 06:40:22 PM
Well, purging worked so well for the Republicans, after all....  :lol:

It's like the starting bell goes off at a boxing match, and both boxers start kicking the shit out of themselves instead of each other.   :lulz:

Cain

I'm sure this will make all the "moral values" voters now rush to support the Democrats.

No, really.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on June 12, 2011, 06:47:50 PM
I'm sure this will make all the "moral values" voters now rush to support the Democrats.

No, really.

Is there fucking lead in the plumbing in Washington, or something?  These fuckwits honestly believe they can kiss arse their way into a majority.

Of course, they still did it when they HAD a majority, so maybe they just like the taste of ass.

Cain

Yeah, the Dems are now totally devoid of any sort of political strategy.

Also http://www.juancole.com/2011/06/top-things-anthony-weiner-has-said-that-are-worse-than-sexting.html

But he showed his pee-pee to adult ladies on Twitter!

Triple Zero

Wait, one's called Boehner and the other Weiner??? Those shapeshifting reptiles need to fucking grow up.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 12, 2011, 07:16:49 PM
Wait, one's called Boehner and the other Weiner??? Those shapeshifting reptiles need to fucking grow up.

Don't forget Bush, former VP Dick and the infamous Santorum.

Weiner / Boehner 2012
★ ★ ★ "Going balls deep for America." ★ ★ ★
PAID ADVERTISEMENT BY 3RD GRADERS FOR A FUNNIER TOMORROW
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Adios

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on June 12, 2011, 08:18:54 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on June 12, 2011, 07:16:49 PM

Don't forget Bush, former VP Dick and the infamous Santorum.

Weiner / Boehner 2012
★ ★ ★ "Going balls deep for America." ★ ★ ★
PAID ADVERTISEMENT BY 3RD GRADERS FOR A FUNNIER TOMORROW

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Cain on June 12, 2011, 05:19:42 PM

Sorry to ruin the joke, but wouldn't raising the debt ceiling be worse than the alternative? Feel feel to correct me, that's why I'm here.

AFK

If the debt ceiling isn't raised, the U.S. will default on its debt. 

The ensuing economic calamity will make the 08 recession look like a mild headache. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.