News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Salty on June 01, 2017, 08:00:39 PM
Oh yeah. I have run into so many liberals and progressives here who only avoid association with any standard redneck conservative because they don't actively hate other races and/or are gay.

That's about it. They're still racist AF, and prejudiced toward anyone who isn't like them, more or less. Those with comfortable lives are basically worthless sacks of meat.

While doing foot massage in one of the fancier areas of town, I encountered so many liberal-on-paper people working for Nike. They eat gluten free, they vote Democrat, and a lot of them are feminists. A lot of them can't see past their own noses paychecks.

Fixt.  But to be fair, that's kind of a human condition.

Salty

Quote from: LMNO on June 01, 2017, 08:42:58 PM
Oh yeah. I have run into so many liberals and progressives here who only avoid association with any standard redneck conservative because they don't actively hate other races and/or are gay.

That's about it. They're still racist AF, and prejudiced toward anyone who isn't like them, more or less. Those with comfortable lives are basically worthless sacks of meat.

While doing foot massage in one of the fancier areas of town, I encountered so many liberal-on-paper people working for Nike. They eat gluten free, they vote Democrat, and a lot of them are feminists. A lot of them can't see past their own noses paychecks.

Fixt.  But to be fair, that's kind of a human condition.

Good point.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on June 01, 2017, 07:36:51 PM
You'd be surprised how many self-proclaimed "ultra liberals" are really "I don't want my privilege to be intruded upon".

YES THIS YES THIS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

While doing foot massage in one of the fancier areas of town, I encountered so many liberal-on-paper people working for Nike. They eat gluten free, they vote Democrat, and a lot of them are feminists. A lot of them can't see past their own noses.

These are the type of liberals who will argue all day that racist shit they personally enjoy is not really racist, and are eager to point out all the ways feminists are doin it rong. The ones who are all "Your attitude is alienating your allies!" if you point out anything that makes them at all uncomfortable or challenges their behavior. They also tend to have weird double standards about who "should be" entitled to government support that skirt around issues of racism without ever flat out saying that they don't think black people in ghettoes should be able to get welfare. You could call then "LINOs" I guess, but I think the reality is that they are people who have clued into the fact that things SHOULD be better than they are, but haven't quite done the work to shake off the racist, misogynistic, Calvinist indoctrination of mainstream culture, and are a little too privileged to care enough to do so.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

In the course of some pointless Internet argument somewhere:
QuoteThe truth is more important than the facts.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

QuoteThe Times said Trump raged at his staff for breaking a rule that each trip begin tuned to Fox.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

All people are dead, except those who know.
All those who know are dead, except those who practice.
All those who practice are dead, except those who act.
All those who act are lost, except those who act with righteous intent.
And those who act with righteous intent
are all in grave danger.

-Dzou'l-Noun, 12th century Sufi poet

Telarus

Quote from: Cramulus on February 06, 2019, 05:21:01 PM
All people are dead, except those who know.
All those who know are dead, except those who practice.
All those who practice are dead, except those who act.
All those who act are lost, except those who act with righteous intent.
And those who act with righteous intent
are all in grave danger.

-Dzou'l-Noun, 12th century Sufi poet

:mittens:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Doktor Howl

QuoteThe Vapor Technology Association has reported spending $78,000 this year in its lobbying fight against California's proposed flavored e-cigarettes ban, while one of the world's largest tobacco producers, Altria, reported spending over $100,000 last fall solely to lobby such legislation. The bills have since stalled.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

introducing yourself on webforums fifteen years ago like:
You: uhhhhh hi I'm new i guess, just wanna chat about my favorite show too or whatever

iNvAd3rJ1M posted: *pounces* HELLOoOOOO NEW PERSON!!! *throws confetti*

911_NVR-FRGT posted: Hi there! You'll find a Relaxed Atmosphere Here in Our Community! *points* Beer is In The Fridge, Curfew Is At 9! Haha I'm old

SSJgoku1994 posted: I am a pineapple! Monkeys!!!!!

Drag0n~Swords posted: Forsooth, a stranger doth enter the realm!

dumbledoreftw posted: Welcome! Hope you stick around! We don't bite..... much!!

Greg posted: HITLER WAS A MISUNDERSTOOD GENIUS AND ILL GIVE YOUR WHOLE FAMILY AIDS IN HELL YOU PIECE OF SHIT

Lady*Unicorns*76 posted: "lol" (Laughing Out Loud!) don't worry about greg sweetie! He's just our little pet troll and you get used to him!! ;-) <3<3<3

from https://bogleech.tumblr.com/post/162810989013/introducing-yourself-on-webforums-fifteen-years

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on January 23, 2020, 02:49:33 PM
introducing yourself on webforums fifteen years ago like:
You: uhhhhh hi I'm new i guess, just wanna chat about my favorite show too or whatever

iNvAd3rJ1M posted: *pounces* HELLOoOOOO NEW PERSON!!! *throws confetti*

911_NVR-FRGT posted: Hi there! You'll find a Relaxed Atmosphere Here in Our Community! *points* Beer is In The Fridge, Curfew Is At 9! Haha I'm old

SSJgoku1994 posted: I am a pineapple! Monkeys!!!!!

Drag0n~Swords posted: Forsooth, a stranger doth enter the realm!

dumbledoreftw posted: Welcome! Hope you stick around! We don't bite..... much!!

Greg posted: HITLER WAS A MISUNDERSTOOD GENIUS AND ILL GIVE YOUR WHOLE FAMILY AIDS IN HELL YOU PIECE OF SHIT

Lady*Unicorns*76 posted: "lol" (Laughing Out Loud!) don't worry about greg sweetie! He's just our little pet troll and you get used to him!! ;-) <3<3<3

from https://bogleech.tumblr.com/post/162810989013/introducing-yourself-on-webforums-fifteen-years

Someone needs to claim being the "board mom".
Molon Lube

Cain

LMNO

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cramulus