Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

the holy grail is not a trophy

Cramulus

Jesus says: "Men indeed think I have come to bring peace to the world. But they do not know that I have come to bring the world discord, fire, sword, war. Indeed, if there are five <people> in a house, they will become three against two and two against three - father against son and son against father - and they will be lifted up, being solitaries."

Gospel Thomas, 16.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 16, 2020, 07:43:45 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 02, 2020, 12:47:18 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 01, 2020, 10:12:03 PM
Have you considered the compromise position, of a boot stamping on half of humanity's faces, for forever?

Also known as the "status quo", I believe.

Ho ho ho!  It can and will get a lot worse than this.  If Trump is ousted, we might get 8 years before the authoritarians run the show entirely.

If he is reelected, this is as good as it will ever get.

My understanding of history is that more or less is status quo, for decaying empires.

Only this time, we're gonna do it BIGGER and DUMBER than any of those pre-nuclear loser empires.

minuspace

altered

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on July 26, 2020, 10:54:47 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 16, 2020, 07:43:45 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 02, 2020, 12:47:18 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 01, 2020, 10:12:03 PM
Have you considered the compromise position, of a boot stamping on half of humanity's faces, for forever?

Also known as the "status quo", I believe.

Ho ho ho!  It can and will get a lot worse than this.  If Trump is ousted, we might get 8 years before the authoritarians run the show entirely.

If he is reelected, this is as good as it will ever get.

My understanding of history is that more or less is status quo, for decaying empires.

Only this time, we're gonna do it BIGGER and DUMBER than any of those pre-nuclear loser empires.

Fucking cainad is back again, everyone hide your silverware and goats

Also he's right
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

"I didn't want to be a cog in a machine. I wanted to be a cog running free, doing what it wanted. Cogging around, having a good time."   -John Swartzwelder

Drake75

Quote from: Cramulus on June 30, 2020, 07:09:10 PM
US troops parachuting into a small village

VILLAGER: Fuck all of you
SOLDIER 1: (voice drowned out by machine gun fire) Woah woah woah, yes there may be some bad apples here, but don't paint us all with the same brush.
SOLDIER 2: You should really focus on the economic issues underlying our invasion.
SOLDIER 3: Give us a break, it's a hard job and our morale is at an all time low.
SOLDIER 4: funny how you have no objections when you kill each other, but when we do it? sheesh

Oh, OH! I can write a SOLDIER 5 for you.
Hang on, and it might be sloppy or not include all of potential...

SOLDIER 5: I come with only that which I have loaded in with, and can offer no more without losing what I have left. May you have that which I cannot give myself by the end of this.