News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

"WHAT FUCKING RAGE PROBLEM?"
- Me, at work, 10 minutes ago.
Molon Lube

Salty

Dok: :lulz:

I am generally honest to a fault. I have only learned recently to apply filter between my brain/mouth and the world around me. But when you give me an opening, well...
Today at work, I'm sitting in the breakroom with Dr. GF who came to visit and bring me food. She feeds me all the time. It's fantastic. Some other folks are in the break room as well, chit-chatting about what-have-you.

SkinnyK: "Naw man, you don't ever wanna tell yo woman she looks like she gained a couple pounds for ANY reason."

Annoying Toad: "Not me. I always prefer honesty. Everytime, for any reason, just give me the truth."

Alty:

Annoying Toad: "Yeah, RLY."

Alty: "OK. So you know when the store is closed and you're taking a long time with your customers, like you usually do, and you're finally all done 30 minutes after we've shut the gate, and the everything is in the bag and money has changed hands and you're walking toward the door?"

Annoying Toad:  :sad:

Alty: "When that happens, when you then pick up the customer's child to play with him and tell him how cute he is instead of getting them out of the door as quickly as you can so that we can all go home instead of making us all wait until you're finally done which we have to do no matter what, people are going to resent you."

Annoying Toad:  :x

Alty: "Oh, I'm sure you don't care if they resent you."

AT: *choked grunt in the affirmative*

Alty: "Well it doesn't really change the fact that they WILL resent you, which leads to a fairly hostile work environment like you've experienced."

AT: "I didn't even make you late."

Alty: "No, you didn't. But I'm not just talking about me."

AT: "I didn't make anyone else late either."

Alty:

AT: :showus:

Some time after closing there was much tear-filled shouting about rudeness and my trying to impress Dr. GF. Which, let me just say with all modesty, is stupid because she's super impressed already.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ran into high school friend at bar and his buddy.

High school friend: ...but i just dont usually worry about shit you know?

Me: i worry about shit all the time. Thats why i drink :smirk:

high school friends buddy: :D :cheers:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Bu🤠ns

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert A. Heinlein

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Alty, next time Annoying Toad wears ugly pants (which I can tell she does) you should say "I wasn't going to say anything but you said you always prefer honesty, so, to be honest, those pants are horrible".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Bu☆ns on May 05, 2012, 04:27:50 PM
"At least once every human being should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert A. Heinlein
I should read more Heinlein.
Everybody should read more Heinlein!
THAT MEANS YOU! PERSON READING THIS POST!

Quote from: Nigel on May 05, 2012, 05:05:27 PM
Alty, next time Annoying Toad wears ugly pants (which I can tell she does) you should say "I wasn't going to say anything but you said you always prefer honesty, so, to be honest, those pants are horrible".
Just prefix every statement you make to Annoying Toad with "I wasn't going to say anything but you said you always prefer honesty, so, to be honest, "
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

hirley0

11:29:?? ~"news is not so"~i believe it

Don Coyote

Quote from: :regret: on May 06, 2012, 08:19:06 PM
Quote from: Bu☆ns on May 05, 2012, 04:27:50 PM
I should read more Heinlein.
Everybody should read more Heinlein!
THAT MEANS YOU! PERSON READING THIS POST!

:lulz:

Salty

To cure yourself of the desire to read Heinlein start with "Time Enough for Love".

As for Annoying Toad, she cried a good deal and no longer makes eye contact with me.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on May 06, 2012, 08:49:57 PM
To cure yourself of the desire to read Heinlein start with "Time Enough for Love".

As for Annoying Toad, she cried a good deal and no longer makes eye contact with me.

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

And yeah, if that's the book I think it is, it made me sick a little. The part where the protagonist is "seduced" by a 13-year-old is seriously fucked up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

Quote from: Nigel on May 06, 2012, 09:56:51 PM

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

And yeah, if that's the book I think it is, it made me sick a little. The part where the protagonist is "seduced" by a 13-year-old is seriously fucked up.

Jesus, I didn't even get that far. His perspective on gender and sex make me want to shove my own junk into a nuclear reactor.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Alty on May 06, 2012, 10:01:08 PM

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

Jesus, I didn't even get that far. His perspective on gender and sex make me want to shove my own junk into a nuclear reactor.

It's guys like that who make women freaked out by men. They are convinced that all guys are just like them, and they're good at making it seem that way.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on May 06, 2012, 10:03:46 PM
Quote from: Alty on May 06, 2012, 10:01:08 PM

FLAWLESS VICTORY!

It's guys like that who make women freaked out by men. They are convinced that all guys are just like them, and they're good at making it seem that way.

Read Farnham's Freehold, some time.

Because in the post-apocalyptic future, BLACK MEN WANT OUR BLOND WOMEN!
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Also, The Fifth Column, in which Heinlein explains that there ARE some Asians that can be trusted, but not MANY.  You can tell the ones that can be trusted, because they have learned, after generations of being in America, to dress like decent White folks.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow

I see I've been fortunate in not having read more than a few of his books.