News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

FM-7-21-13 "The Soldier's Guide":

Quote"The Army's core values are loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity and personal courage. They form the acronym LDRSHIP."

Me: clearly though, spelling is not a core value.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2011, 02:34:31 PM

Quote"The Army's core values are loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity and personal courage. They form the acronym LDRSHIP."

The US military loves acronyms more than it loves its coffee.  No shit.
Molon Lube

Cain

I think they'd had too much coffee when they wrote that sentence.

Imwritingsogoddamnfasticanaffordtomissoutentireletters!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 12, 2011, 02:35:45 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 12, 2011, 02:34:31 PM

The US military loves acronyms more than it loves its coffee.  No shit.

Definitely. Mom has to mentally decompress every time she comes home and remember what normal English words are, and if she writes an email about her week it tends to make not a lick of sense.

Suu

She's USAF right? I could probably translate it for you.

Then again, I dunno... I felt like each squadron or unit had it's own code.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

Army. Usually we just respond with "wut?" and it gets clarified.

The nouns aren't so bad, since I either know them by now or having them spelled out makes it clear. It's when they use acronyms as verbs that I get thrown off.

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE ARMED SERVICES, This is how a typical email message within the Army goes:

"We PCS'd the WCH and alerted the NIBCOM to the situation. They HFG'd Captain Spunkenmyer's PRONIT until MIKF received a GITLO later that day."

^This is the formally accepted way of saying "We went for lunch at around 1:30 and then I had a poo."

Freeky

Luna

QuoteI then realized I had an ambulatory cuisinart right next to my junk...

Some things are better without context.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cainad on October 13, 2011, 10:55:49 PM
Army. Usually we just respond with "wut?" and it gets clarified.

The nouns aren't so bad, since I either know them by now or having them spelled out makes it clear. It's when they use acronyms as verbs that I get thrown off.

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE ARMED SERVICES, This is how a typical email message within the Army goes:

"We PCS'd the WCH and alerted the NIBCOM to the situation. They HFG'd Captain Spunkenmyer's PRONIT until MIKF received a GITLO later that day."

^This is the formally accepted way of saying "We went for lunch at around 1:30 and then I had a poo."

WUT???????? :lulz:

Don Coyote

LIES!!!!!

ALL OF OUR ACRONYMS MAKE PERFECT SENSE!!!!!!!!!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Donald Coyote on October 18, 2011, 02:01:58 AM
LIES!!!!!

ALL OF OUR ACRONYMS MAKE PERFECT SENSE!!!!!!!!!

But the only one you need is "BOHICA".
Molon Lube

Richter

(Hanging around with a bunch of sword wielding perverts, slashing stuff for fun.)

Richter: You know what the difference between a butcher and a serial killer is?  A hard on.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

(14:28:18)- Cram joined
(14:28:24)<Cram>weeeoooooo
(14:28:28)<Cram>been a hell of a morning already!
(14:29:52)<Cram>My boss was like, "Are you potentially interested in a position as reprint coordinator?"
(14:30:02)<Cram>I was like "would my title change?"
(14:30:04)<Cram>she said "no"
(14:30:14)<Cram>I said "would I get to renegotiate my salary?"
(14:30:17)<Cram>she said "no"
(14:30:29)<Cram>I said "Then what incentive are you offering me for taking on that degree of responsibility?"
(14:30:50)<Cram>and she was like, "Ah well... nothing like that I guess."
(14:30:54)<Cram>"ah then I'm not interested."
(14:32:02)<Cram>reaaalllllyyyy struggled to not drop that line from Office Space "If the only reason to work hard is not getting fired, you can expect people to work just hard enough to not get fired."
(14:32:11)<Cram>but that's realllllly not the kind of thing you should say to your boss :P

[...]

(15:02:55)<Cram>TIME TO APPLY FOR SOME MORE JOBS
(15:04:52)<Cain>hey Cram, I know of a place that is looking for a reprint coordinator
(15:05:05)<Cram>EAT SHITS
(15:05:08)<Cram>TWO OF THEM
(15:05:17)<Cram>what place is that?
(15:05:23)<Cram>is it my place?
(15:05:27)<Cram>EAT MY BUTT ON SUNDAY