News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Quotes of the Moment II

Started by Triple Zero, June 13, 2011, 12:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

Suu

Quote from: Freeky on September 15, 2016, 01:50:44 AM
Hibiscus is super-tasty.

It's fantastic, and super refreshing. I've brewed with it. I actually have BAGS of dried hibiscus in my cabinet that I harvested myself in Florida a few years ago, but this tea sounded lovely. And it is.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

"You're not going to get federal funding.  Your boss is flattening out into a radioactive pancake."
- Bruce Sterling
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: SuuCal on September 15, 2016, 12:44:17 AM
Today at the grocery store, I grab a box of "Hibiscus Cleanse" tea, it's new. It's hibiscus, yerba mate, and mint. I got it because it sounded tasty. And then...

Her: "Does that stuff work?"
Me: "Hmm?"
Her: "Does that tea actually work as a detox?"
Me: "No, that's what my liver is for, I just like the taste of hibiscus, and it sounds good with mint."
Her: *confused face*

Hibiscus is a diuretic, but seriously, I just think it tastes good.  :kingmeh:

How the hell would you even tell? Sending all of your urine to a lab every day to test for "toxins"?

minuspace

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on November 21, 2016, 02:57:05 PM
Quote from: SuuCal on September 15, 2016, 12:44:17 AM
Today at the grocery store, I grab a box of "Hibiscus Cleanse" tea, it's new. It's hibiscus, yerba mate, and mint. I got it because it sounded tasty. And then...

Her: "Does that stuff work?"
Me: "Hmm?"
Her: "Does that tea actually work as a detox?"
Me: "No, that's what my liver is for, I just like the taste of hibiscus, and it sounds good with mint."
Her: *confused face*

Hibiscus is a diuretic, but seriously, I just think it tastes good.  :kingmeh:

How the hell would you even tell? Sending all of your urine to a lab every day to test for "toxins"?
It's good stuff, but I can't forgive wasting my toxins like that.

minuspace

"Planning is not just guessing, it's harmful guessing."

Cramulus

"The elites themselves believe they are racing using human technology to take our best minds and build some type of breakaway civilization, where they're going to merge with machines, transcend, and break away from the failed species that is Man. Which is kinda like a false transmission, because they're thinking that What They Are is ugly and bad, kinda projecting it upon themselves, rather than believing that no, it's a human test about building us UP.

And so, google was set up 18 or 19 years ago --and this, I knew about this before it was declassified, I'm just saying, I have good sources-- that they wanted to build a giant artificial system, and google believes that the first artificial intelligence will be a supercomputer, based on the neuron activities of the hive mind of humanity, with billion of people wired into it, the internet of things, so all of our thoughts go into it, and we're actually building a computer that has real neurons in real time, that's also psychically connected to us, that are organic creatures, so that They will have current predication powers, future prediction powers, a true crystal ball - but the big secret is: that once you have a crystal ball and can know the future, you can add stimuli before hand which make decisions and control the future, so it's the end of free will and consciousness for individuals as we know, and a true 2.0 - in a very bad way - hive mind consciousness with an AI jacked into everyone, knowing our hopes and dreams, delivering it to us not in some P.K.D. wire-head system where we plug in and give up on consciousness because of unlimited pleasure, but because we were already wired-in and absorbed before we knew it by giving over our consciousness to this system in our daily decisions, and allowing it to control our every decision."

-Abraham Lincoln

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cramulus on March 19, 2017, 07:25:47 PM
"The elites themselves believe they are racing using human technology to take our best minds and build some type of breakaway civilization, where they're going to merge with machines, transcend, and break away from the failed species that is Man. Which is kinda like a false transmission, because they're thinking that What They Are is ugly and bad, kinda projecting it upon themselves, rather than believing that no, it's a human test about building us UP.

And so, google was set up 18 or 19 years ago --and this, I knew about this before it was declassified, I'm just saying, I have good sources-- that they wanted to build a giant artificial system, and google believes that the first artificial intelligence will be a supercomputer, based on the neuron activities of the hive mind of humanity, with billion of people wired into it, the internet of things, so all of our thoughts go into it, and we're actually building a computer that has real neurons in real time, that's also psychically connected to us, that are organic creatures, so that They will have current predication powers, future prediction powers, a true crystal ball - but the big secret is: that once you have a crystal ball and can know the future, you can add stimuli before hand which make decisions and control the future, so it's the end of free will and consciousness for individuals as we know, and a true 2.0 - in a very bad way - hive mind consciousness with an AI jacked into everyone, knowing our hopes and dreams, delivering it to us not in some P.K.D. wire-head system where we plug in and give up on consciousness because of unlimited pleasure, but because we were already wired-in and absorbed before we knew it by giving over our consciousness to this system in our daily decisions, and allowing it to control our every decision."

-Abraham Lincoln

I don't know what all the hubbub is about. What's so bad about having a hive mind and putting an end to individuality? What better way to get to know your neighbor than to be bombarded forever with the minutiae of their most offensive and impulsive thoughts?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Salty

Ultra liberal classmate who hasn't worked in years because her wife works for a major shoe company:

QuoteI hate homeless people, they're trash. I want them to pay property tax. I don't understand why I have to pay property tax and they don't.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Cain

I hate dead people, they're trash.  Why do living people have to pay for taxes while dead people don't?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What really burns me up is that cyclists don't have to pay gas tax. And don't even get me started on how not everyone has to pay business taxes... why should some people be exempt just because they work for someone else?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And luxury taxes... if I have to pay a luxury tax just because I buy a yacht, why don't other people who don't buy yachts have to pay it too? Not buying a yacht is no excuse to not pay taxes!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: Salty on June 01, 2017, 05:31:57 PM
Ultra liberal classmate who hasn't worked in years because her wife works for a major shoe company:

QuoteI hate homeless people, they're trash. I want them to pay property tax. I don't understand why I have to pay property tax and they don't.

"Ultra liberal" you say? Evidence suggests otherwise.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

You'd be surprised how many self-proclaimed "ultra liberals" are really "I don't want my privilege to be intruded upon".

Salty

Oh yeah. I have run into so many liberals and progressives here who only avoid association with any standard redneck conservative because they don't actively hate other races and/or are gay.

That's about it. They're still racist AF, and prejudiced toward anyone who isn't like them, more or less. Those with comfortable lives are basically worthless sacks of meat.

While doing foot massage in one of the fancier areas of town, I encountered so many liberal-on-paper people working for Nike. They eat gluten free, they vote Democrat, and a lot of them are feminists. A lot of them can't see past their own noses.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.