News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Blame it on the Pinks.

Started by Salty, June 13, 2011, 07:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Except I can't. It's just too fucking easy.

Easy for them:

Let's not kid ourselves, there are people who really do go along with The Program, the one set out there. You know the one. Each and every one of us uses little programs every day, sometimes we're even smart enough to write our own. Which is cool, like brewing your own beer or writing your own stories. It's good for you, you learn a lot. No reason not to, really.

But don't think it's going stop people from drinking Budweiser like it was gonna run out tomorrow. Just as it's easier (for me anyway) to spot bullshit than Truth, it's easier to see the things and people and places that will always and forever go with the flow, help push that flow along.

I used to rage at these people and avoided them at all cost and that cost was great, because there is no clear line between us and them and even the pinkest of pinks have that good old fashioned human value. Even the real douche-baggy ones. Besides, they're fun. Like mutant, rabid, drunk kittens.

Easy for us:

Let's not kid ourselves, even those of us here who don't work for The Man help the big flow and none of us are going to stop it. And any one of us can fall into it with ease, poise and grace without even realizing it.

Then again, most Discordians I know, whether self-proclaimed or those Discordians who have no idea what the fuck you're talking about but boy do they argue like a champ and like to fight, are very naturally resistant to that sort of living. That's another reason why those sharp divides between us and them are worthless.

I snuggled up close to Them, made some friends*, actively took part in some of their lives, I raged directly in their faces and made them think I was kidding because they were already giving me looks. And I realized, after a year, that I was slowly becoming one of them.

It's all too easy to say you're too tired to shatter the dominant paradigm or rage at the violence inherent in the system.

But oh man, I just yanked myself right out of there. And just in time, I was in deep. hadn't realized how deep, and I'm not going back in because it's just as terrible as I remember. And warm.

*With the violent, lazy, and uncomfortable drunken ones as it turns out.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

I can answer now, in a fatigue-induced fugue, or later, when I'm more alert.

Which would you prefer?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

Whichever gives me the most Holy™ Powah.

I have a feeling it's now.

Salty

Btw, I may not be able to respond right away.

The Good Reverend Roger

Deal with it tomorrow, Alty.  There's no sense in getting all worked up about it.
\

Naw, you just have to relax a bit, have some fun, you know?  Life's just not that bad.  Maybe if we all just laid off the hootch a bit, went out for a walk maybe, not get in so many arguments, remember to be nice...
\

They'll just fuck you over.  All primates are the same.  You gotta get yours while the getting's good.  Hit them before they hit you.  Better yet, just watch some TV or get in a fight online.  That always gets the old blood pumping.
\

Look, people seem screwed up because they're tired and they're scared and they don't know what to do.  Maybe if you showed them what to do, if only by example?
\

Yeah, right.  Humans haven't changed a bit in 2 million years, and they're not going to change today.
\

Humans didn't live this easy 2 million years ago.  Now that there's no insane survival pressures, they have set up phony pressures for themselves, out of habit.  You have to try to find ways to break that habit, show others how to break that habit.
\

*Ahem*  Aren't you dead?  I distinctly remember you being dead.
\

Nope.  As long as one person remembers that life is supposed to be lived, I'm still here.  I'm just harder to see nowadays, is all.
\

Pills here!
\

Go outside!
\

You plays the game, you takes your chances.  Yeah, everyone's a pink, now and again, and everyone - almost everyone - has their moment in the sun as a ground-stomping uber-mutant.  Most people, though, gravitate to one or the other, based on whether they feel beaten down or lifted up.

And that's a feeling, not a condition.  It is what you make of it.

Or Kill Me.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Roger, that was brilliant.

You too, Alty.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Salty

That was awesome. Will respond more later after work.

Eve

:argh!:  Roger, I can't read your shit when there are spiders everywhere.

ETA: Awesome, Alty!
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eve on June 13, 2011, 10:15:51 PM
:argh!:  Roger, I can't read your shit when there are spiders everywhere.

Okay, I'll fix it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2011, 08:23:45 PM
Deal with it tomorrow, Alty.  There's no sense in getting all worked up about it.
\
http://www.dimensionsguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Biggest-Spider.jpg

Naw, you just have to relax a bit, have some fun, you know?  Life's just not that bad.  Maybe if we all just laid off the hootch a bit, went out for a walk maybe, not get in so many arguments, remember to be nice...
\

They'll just fuck you over.  All primates are the same.  You gotta get yours while the getting's good.  Hit them before they hit you.  Better yet, just watch some TV or get in a fight online.  That always gets the old blood pumping.
\

Look, people seem screwed up because they're tired and they're scared and they don't know what to do.  Maybe if you showed them what to do, if only by example?
\

Yeah, right.  Humans haven't changed a bit in 2 million years, and they're not going to change today.
\

Humans didn't live this easy 2 million years ago.  Now that there's no insane survival pressures, they have set up phony pressures for themselves, out of habit.  You have to try to find ways to break that habit, show others how to break that habit.
\

*Ahem*  Aren't you dead?  I distinctly remember you being dead.
\

Nope.  As long as one person remembers that life is supposed to be lived, I'm still here.  I'm just harder to see nowadays, is all.
\

Pills here!
\

Go outside!
\

You plays the game, you takes your chances.  Yeah, everyone's a pink, now and again, and everyone - almost everyone - has their moment in the sun as a ground-stomping uber-mutant.  Most people, though, gravitate to one or the other, based on whether they feel beaten down or lifted up.

Or Kill Me.

Eve

Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Alty and Roger, FUCKING RAH!!!

This is great!

:mittens:

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 13, 2011, 08:23:45 PM

Or Kill Me.

Fuck yeah. This makes our Holy™ Work easier. Feelings are easier to manipulate than conditions. Of course, there's a whole fucking machine in place designed to navigate people into certain feelings regardless of their conditions. But this also primes them for manipulation, er I uh mean guidance.

For me, as with all my spiritual endeavors, the bottom is the place to be. I like dung beetles for this reason. There's substance in the rolled up shit balls of humanity. And making their day just a little more weird or unpleasant or hysterically funny, seeing those little reactions, maybe even watching them turn from ripples to waves is worth it. Worth it all, really.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Eve on June 13, 2011, 10:15:51 PM
:argh!:  Roger, I can't read your shit when there are spiders everywhere.

Question: would it bother the arachnophobes just as much if he'd use a cartoon drawing of a spider instead? cause I kinda like the touch ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.