News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

A mental illness epidemic? Think again

Started by Cain, June 14, 2011, 03:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Seriously, talk about a classic first world problem. "Halp, there are too many kinds of food for me to eat, I don't know what to doooooo"
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 04:28:50 PM
Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2011, 04:27:29 PM
And as for the numb cunts who put forward stuff like
"Could they be supertasters? That is, people who, because of their genetic makeup, taste certain flavors more acutely than average tasters?"

Wait.

What?

You're taking the piss.

Sadly...  No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

BadBeast

"Could they be supertasters? That is, people who, because of their genetic makeup, taste certain flavors more acutely than average tasters?"

Wait.

What?

You're taking the piss.
That's in the quoted article. I shite you not.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Luna on August 29, 2011, 04:30:36 PM

Wait.

What?

You're taking the piss.

Sadly...  No.

Whole bunch of subjectivity there.

It's like if I kicked ten guys in the nads, and asked them to rate the pain on a scale of "one" to "watching Charles in Charge.

Pretty soon, I'd have "Supertactiles".
Molon Lube

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 04:33:20 PM

Wait.

What?

You're taking the piss.

Sadly...  No.

It's like if I kicked ten guys in the nads, and asked them to rate the pain on a scale of "one" to "watching Charles in Charge.

Hm.  SCIENCE!
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

BadBeast

Wait.

What?

You're taking the piss.

Sadly...  No.

Or ten eunochs, and a Lawsuit.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Supertasters actually do have something like twice the normal density of taste buds, which can apparently make some foods seem overwhelmingly salty or bitter. I highly doubt that most picky eaters are supertasters, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2011, 04:36:32 PM

Wait.

What?

You're taking the piss.

Sadly...  No.

Or ten eunochs, and a Lawsuit.

Then I'll just kick 'em REALLY hard, and claim that I'm trying to verify the Supertasters thing.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, if they are, it's just evidence that supertasters are an undesirable mutation which should be allowed to die off.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on August 29, 2011, 04:36:52 PM
Supertasters actually do have something like twice the normal density of taste buds,

Then they are mutants, and need to be cleansed.
Molon Lube

BadBeast

The OP does make a perfectly valid premise though. It's just looking at the wrong people for it's examples. It's these Diagnoctors who are all batshit crazies.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 04:39:23 PM
Quote from: Nigel on August 29, 2011, 04:36:52 PM
Supertasters actually do have something like twice the normal density of taste buds,

Then they are mutants, and need to be cleansed.

:mittens:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2011, 04:39:41 PM
The OP does make a perfectly valid premise though. It's just looking at the wrong people for it's examples. It's these Diagnoctors who are all batshit crazies.

Yeah, batshit all the way to the bank.
Molon Lube

BadBeast

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 04:40:51 PM

Yeah, that says nothing for their judgement either.
"In Capitalist America, the Banks rob the people"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BadBeast on August 29, 2011, 04:45:11 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2011, 04:40:51 PM

Yeah, that says nothing for their judgement either.
"In Capitalist America, the Banks rob the people"

See, being a Brit, you just lack the proper glands to appreciate the superiority of our culture.
Molon Lube