News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

I used to do xxxxx so now I'm an authority on it...

Started by trix, June 16, 2011, 11:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I used to do rants all the time, and I tell you, they were miles better than this.

LMNO

Quote from: Eve on June 17, 2011, 05:16:17 AM
Incidentally, being an Authority On Dildos and all, I'm finding it a lot harder to use them effectively in my insults.

If you were wondering, "Inflatable Butt Plug" will usually work in that situation.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Your Mom on June 17, 2011, 01:05:25 AM
You know, for just a split second I got my hopes up, only to have them dashed cruelly. Once again, they come out of the woodwork to gnash and fap over Roger.

Why is it never me?  :cry:

Between this and Sticker Ninja's nonstop bellowing of hatred, it's like a knob-slobbing orgy in this motherfucker.
Molon Lube

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 17, 2011, 01:51:25 PM
You know, for just a split second I got my hopes up, only to have them dashed cruelly. Once again, they come out of the woodwork to gnash and fap over Roger.

Between this and Sticker Ninja's nonstop bellowing of hatred, it's like a knob-slobbing orgy in this motherfucker.

Do they even realize that they're downright boring?  We've seen all this shit before... and I haven't even been here THAT long.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trix on June 17, 2011, 03:03:49 AM

they?  I assume by they you are referring in a general sense to a certain group or type of people.  Which is no less asinine then the type of thought process my rant was about.  I represent nobody but myself, you ignorant fuckwad.  I am a singular individual, not a representative of whatever group or type you arbitrarily decided to string me with, based on a single rant in a section specifically for rants.

No, actually, you're just the latest in a long string of useless tards and potheads who tramp in here with a bone to pick with The Good Reverend Roger, a need to suck his e-dick, and some cause to pimp out at the same time.

99% chance of poptard, 1% chance of actual useless pothead.  Just saying.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Triple Zero on June 17, 2011, 12:28:59 PM
Since he just said it was Reverend <something-or-other> and the topic is cannabis abuse, I assumed he was talking about Reverend What's-His-Name?

But it could also be Roger. It could be either. It really doesn't really matter, right?

The point is that everybody else is feeling shunned and left out unless we retroactively put Reverend in our nickname.

- the Triple Reverend Zero

He also mentioned that it was an admin, and that's why the OP was so "ballsy".  Or some shit like that.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

The tragic part is that Trix was ONE DAY TOO LATE to catch TGRR, as he sort of exploded on Wednesday.

Very sad.  In lieu of flowers, please donate to the one-armed jizz mopper's relief fund.
Molon Lube

Eve

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 17, 2011, 01:30:36 PM
Quote from: Eve on June 17, 2011, 05:16:17 AM
Incidentally, being an Authority On Dildos and all, I'm finding it a lot harder to use them effectively in my insults.

If you were wondering, "Inflatable Butt Plug" will usually work in that situation.

Maybe. But does "Hey LMNO, quit being such an Inflatable Butt Plug!" ring the same way?
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

LMNO

I'm shocked you'd ever tell me to stop, to be honest.

trix

Quote from: Cain on June 17, 2011, 01:25:17 PM
I used to do rants all the time, and I tell you, they were miles better than this.

Oh?  How about elaborating your generic useless little critique?

I mean seriously, you fucking dimwits, I give a rats ass what your judgements of me as a member here are, especially when you're basing them off of one thread in the RANT section.  It's a fucking rant you douchebags, of course it comes off as an angst-filled attack.  That's what a rant IS.  If my intent was to impress anyone, my post would have been quite different, and in a different section of the forums.  I was getting some shit off of my chest, and not a single person made a relevant comment on the substance of the rant itself.  Which I suppose in it's own way is a complement, as none of you holier-then-thou retards had anything of substance to say in response that is any less generic then "my rants are better tee hee".  Call me unoriginal and boring all day long if you must jump to character conclusions like an old jaded cop, but when/if you get over your own clique-loving mutual masturbation long enough to consider the actual content of the rant, you might just realize that I have a valid point.

- trix
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Eve

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 17, 2011, 04:00:09 PM
I'm shocked you'd ever tell me to stop, to be honest.

You got me--I wouldn't. I'm pretty sure saying "red" would be much more effective, anyway, if the need ever arose. ;)
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

LMNO

Quote from: trix on June 17, 2011, 04:07:23 PM
Call me unoriginal and boring all day long if you must jump to character conclusions like an old jaded cop, but when/if you get over your own clique-loving mutual masturbation long enough to consider the actual content of the rant, you might just realize that I have a valid point.

Content of rant = You're a stoner who fiddles about with computers, and is feeling a mite defensive about it.  Not sure if that rates as validity, really.

Eater of Clowns

You're calling out The Good Reverend Roger for making an error in reasoning by using anecdotal evidence over hard fact.  That's fine.  You then go on to use the anecdotal evidence of yourself to make your point.  Did this not occur to you or are you just not subject to your own standards?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cuddlefish

This shit, what the hell is it?

"Hello, welcome to our home, please, make yourself comfortable"

"Okay!" (shits all over everything).

This douche nozzle has some unresolved anger issues, an inferiority complex, and/or teenage hormonal angst issues.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

trix

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 17, 2011, 01:56:13 PM
Quote from: trix on June 17, 2011, 03:03:49 AM
they?  I assume by they you are referring in a general sense to a certain group or type of people.  Which is no less asinine then the type of thought process my rant was about.  I represent nobody but myself, you ignorant fuckwad.  I am a singular individual, not a representative of whatever group or type you arbitrarily decided to string me with, based on a single rant in a section specifically for rants.

No, actually, you're just the latest in a long string of useless tards and potheads who tramp in here with a bone to pick with The Good Reverend Roger, a need to suck his e-dick, and some cause to pimp out at the same time.

99% chance of poptard, 1% chance of actual useless pothead.  Just saying.

I didn't "tramp in here with a bone to pick", I posted a rant in the fucking rant section.  Get over it.  If it bothers you that much, go hang out in a more friendly section of the boards.   I signed up because all of the bullshit around here is entertaining.  First impressions might have me pegged as whatever the hell you make up, for the short sighted among you, so I suppose I can understand that my first thread being a rant in the rant section got this kind of response.  I guess I over-estimated the amount of common sense around here and assumed people could take a rant for what it is... a rant.  Verbal (well, literary) masturbation, as I mentioned at the beginning of the OP.

Ah well.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 17, 2011, 04:16:40 PM
Quote from: trix on June 17, 2011, 04:07:23 PM
Call me unoriginal and boring all day long if you must jump to character conclusions like an old jaded cop, but when/if you get over your own clique-loving mutual masturbation long enough to consider the actual content of the rant, you might just realize that I have a valid point.

Content of rant = You're a stoner who fiddles about with computers, and is feeling a mite defensive about it.  Not sure if that rates as validity, really.

Ha, work a little harder on reading comprehension buddy... were all the hints and the multiple outright spelling out of the overall attitude I was ranting about too subtle for you?  Perhaps you should re-read the title of the thread.  Then re-read it again.  Then hang yourself.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 17, 2011, 04:21:51 PM
You're calling out The Good Reverend Roger for making an error in reasoning by using anecdotal evidence over hard fact.  That's fine.  You then go on to use the anecdotal evidence of yourself to make your point.  Did this not occur to you or are you just not subject to your own standards?

Ah, an intelligent reply.  Thank you.

It did occur to me, yes.  Frankly, the point would be more difficult to make without that sort of hypocrisy, but you are of course correct.  I just see people going on like that way too often.  Kind of how I see a guy on here peeved when people call themselves "mad" or "insane" as if it's a cool thing to be.  It is far too common among people who consider themselves intelligent to make the sort of claim that their specific experience with something is the epitome of all experiences in that vein, when the truth is often far from it.

- trix
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.