News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

UnSermon for Saturday, September 18th, 2004

Started by Rupert Giles, September 18, 2004, 11:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert Giles

"Once, in the Enlightenment of Vivid Concoction, I saw God."
-- Source Unknown

"I drank what?"
-- Socrates, or Jim Morrison.

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:    Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.  And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die:
-- King James Bible, Old Testament, Dueteronomy, Chapter 21, Verse 18-21

"Everybody must get stoned."
-- Bob Dylan

Man.  Am I ever sick and tired of everything.  Let's face it, existance isn't all it's cracked up to be, what with the costanting being instead of not being, and I'm not too fond of flamingos, either.

But what a bigger crock is there than when someone calls the Bible a book that 'Has some good ideas.'  Oh, yes, a book where the happy are going to be sad in the next life because they didn't suffer like the rest of the sad Emo kids, where rape and slavery are okay, and male genital mutilation (a rather touchy personal subject) is proscribed, has some bloody brilliant ideas.

I have a idea.  How about we all take a few deep breathes, consume whatever intoxicants we like (mine own perferred being none), and then try to come up with a religion that has one basic idea that everyone can easily to subscribe to.  Hell, it's not even a religion, it's just an idea.  Can you dig that, mister, "I have sinned against you?"

1.  If it hurts others, don't do it, dumb ass.

There.  Discussion will begin now, gnimbly will be serving cookies, whether he knows it or not, and Fluffy will be providing milk.

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Horab Fibslageri liek the religion i have.

How much?

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

Rupert Giles

No, I meant how much to join.  I figured it was some jaking, slackful, scientology thing.

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

~~~~Closed~~~~

~~~~Closed~~~~

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Hotsumamoreso than before.

See?  That's what it's all about.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Hotsumayour new name is bassholio.

Huh?  I'm Forte?

Doesn't that mean I should be akwardly trying to tell Roll-chan how I feel about her and at the same time be trying to kill her brother?

CannedLizard

Your one commandment (as it were) is pretty much the way I live my life.
POEE Pre-Chaplain Neon Irwin of the Bahumbug Pre-Cabal, CG, UE, KoBaSN

Rupert Giles

Quote from: CannedLizardYour one commandment (as it were) is pretty much the way I live my life.

I got a convert!  WOOHOO!

Donkeyotay

Quote from: Hotsumaonly roger is allowed to give sermons.

Here here....

:flings pie and jello at dorky paladin: