News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

UnSermon for Saturday, September 18th, 2004

Started by Rupert Giles, September 18, 2004, 11:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saint aini

Aren't all religions really jokes disguised as religions?

aini
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Horab Fibslager

Quote from: CannedLizardYour one commandment (as it were) is pretty much the way I live my life.

no offense canned lizard, but that's one commandment for pussies. if i didn't do stuff because it hurt, then i might as well curl up up into a fucking ball an die.
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Horab Fibslager
Quote from: CannedLizardYour one commandment (as it were) is pretty much the way I live my life.

no offense canned lizard, but that's one commandment for pussies. if i didn't do stuff because it hurt, then i might as well curl up up into a fucking ball an die.

*shoots next poster from three blocks away with an FN-Har*
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Donkeyotay
Quote from: Hotsumaonly roger is allowed to give sermons.

Here here....

:flings pie and jello at dorky paladin:

I'm not a Paladin.  I'm a Cleric.  Sheesh.  Read a Player's Handbook sometime.

Donkeyotay

:uses Devil Squerrel as a shield:

:flings jell-o molotav back in Hugh's direction:

Paladin, cleric, whatever....Devil Squerrel will eat you no matter what you may be :twisted:

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Donkeyotay:uses Devil Squerrel as a shield:

Paladin, cleric, whatever....Devil Squerrel will eat you no matter what you may be :twisted:

Nobody eats me except... um...

Possibly zombies.

I hear zombies do some Cleric eating every now and then.

Yeah.  That sounds right.  'Cause skeletons don't really need to eat, and Liches would just buy food.  Course, could be a ghoul or a ghast, but they're not too scary.  Aside from the paralysis.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

True about DS.

But Donkey, why the hate, man?
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Donkeyotay

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC

True about DS.

But Donkey, why the hate, man?

Hey....Just talkin some shit...havin fun....he's so easy to target with the cheesy posts....Really though, I got nothin against him... :shock:

Donkeyotay

Quote from: Revered Son Eric

Possibly zombies.

Yeah.  That sounds right.  'Cause skeletons don't really need to eat, and Liches would just buy food.  Course, could be a ghoul or a ghast, but they're not too scary.  Aside from the paralysis.

Devil Squerrel ate Paladine and Takhesis....I think I heard her say that Aumanator (is that right D&D geeks?) is next :shock:

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Donkeyotay
Quote from: Revered Son Eric

Possibly zombies.

Devil Squerrel ate Paladine and Takhesis....I think I heard her say that Aumanator (is that right D&D geeks?) is next :shock:

You mean Lord Ao, the Uncaring?

Horab Fibslager

Hell is other people.

Retreating Mushroom

But Amaunator's a totally different setting!  And dead.  I think.  Bring the ketchup, then.
Be a thief--make/take a joke!  And never throw a banana at the wall, you never know when it will turn into a monkey-loving chimp.  

"Eris, Loki, and Coyote walk into a bar.  The bartender says, "Order, please."

Rupert Giles

I was always a fan of Lord Ao's.  Who needs worshippers when you're the Overgod?

Horab Fibslager

strange all indications are that you're a big fan of this paladine fiction.
Hell is other people.

Rupert Giles

Quote from: Horab Fibslagerstrange all indications are that you're a big fan of this paladine fiction.

It's not fiction, thank you kindly.  In the reality in which I exist, at least.

Your Universe May Vary, due to the Hubble Constant being variable.