News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

I'm unemployed, heartbroken, and may have cervical cancer.

Started by Suu, June 20, 2011, 03:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Faust

Whatever about the first two, those problems can wait. When will you know about number three? :sad:
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Suu

They moved my biopsy from this afternoon to tomorrow afternoon because my nurse practitioner had to take the day off. After they pluck out a chunk of my cervix, it will take about 2 weeks to hear the response from the lab.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Faust

I hope it's something else, which it could well be, you're very young to be getting that. The waiting is the hardest part, make sure you call them if they don't call you.

Suu

I'm definitely positive for what's called LSIL, or low-grade lesions caused by a high-risk strain of HPV.

So yes, I have HPV.

Yes, it's already started to eat away at my cervix.

Now they need to see how far along it is and how I need to be treated. According to my pap and all of the paperwork I got in, I'm 2 stages below carcinoma. On a scale from 1 to 6 on an pap smear, I'm a 4. When they called me, they said that they didn't know how far yet, and that the paperwork would tell me. So yeah...Things can change though. Fast.

HPV can go away on it's own in about 2 years, or it can upgrade to HSIL, or jump for no reason from LSIL to CIS (Carcinoma in situ). I've already met a few women who have had cervical carcinoma in their 20s, so it can happen. The fact that I'm not a skank DOES help.

Faust

I assume you are going to go back and shoot all of your ex's just in case, right?

Suu

Quote from: Faust on June 20, 2011, 04:21:39 PM
I assume you are going to go back and shoot all of your ex's just in case, right?

I will never know who gave it to me, it doesn't show up on a man's STD screening. Considering that both Herbert and General Stuart were relatively promiscuous in college, and Dartmouth Fett was a downright whore, who the hell knows. Though since I already have lesions, that could rule out DF. I didn't have them last year, but that doesn't mean the virus wasn't present.

My bet is on GS. His ex before me was a bit of a skank.

Also: Condoms don't do shit if it's already on your skin.

Faust

I won't insult you with a get well soon, but do whatever it takes to remain safe, sane and strong.

Suu

Sanity is limited at this point. That's for sure. The breakdown I had last night proved that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I was almost okay until Herbert sent me a message.

Then I just came to the conclusion that something is VERY wrong with me if men I love leave me for teenagers.

Salty

No. That is not a problem with you. That is a problem with them, them who are stupid assholes who need to DIAF.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Jenne

Quote from: Alty on June 20, 2011, 05:58:43 PM
No. That is not a problem with you. That is a problem with them, them who are stupid assholes who need to DIAF.

I like that motorcycle you're riding, Alty.  It just looks RIGHT.

Suu...I'm so so sorry, Babe.  Give yourself a break.  And I hope you get some rest today.  Keep your strength up--you'll get through this.

Suu

Oh I'm giving myself a break.

I'm relaxing and working on throwing my kitchen knives into a cardboard box, that way if DF DOES decide that he has testicles and wants to visit me this weekend, I can show him my new skill.

He's still in a knee brace, so he's not running very fast.

Adios