News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Time To Spit It Out.

Started by Salty, June 23, 2011, 06:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cain on June 23, 2011, 07:30:23 PM
It'll be Darker and Edgier.

Which, as always, basically means more sex and corpses.

Hopefully not in the same scene.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

Apparently you've never read the books.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on June 23, 2011, 07:29:17 PM
Five bucks says they'll add a Scrappy.

Of course.  That's why they added Ewoks, and later on the dude with the floppy ears.

This time around, they'll add some sort of telepathic cat, easyly rendered into merchandise.
Molon Lube

LMNO

I was thinking more along the lines of a Short Round:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Your Evil Stepmother on June 23, 2011, 07:32:11 PM
Apparently you've never read the books.

Apparently not!

I read like two or three of them. Couldn't tell you which ones though, other than the Suncrusher was involved, as were Force Witches.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Idem

Quote from: Cramulus on June 23, 2011, 07:20:37 PM
Alty, you know what I can't wait for?

the day that they decide to REMAKE the originals.

You think Star Wars is immune to a series reboot? It would be an awful idea, but after Lucas kicks it, I bet our grandkids will watch a new A New Hope in theaters.

Justin Bieber as Luke Skywalker.

I called it first.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Idem on June 23, 2011, 07:54:45 PM

You think Star Wars is immune to a series reboot? It would be an awful idea, but after Lucas kicks it, I bet our grandkids will watch a new A New Hope in theaters.

I called it first.

I will go right the fuck up a watertower.  You see if I fucking don't.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

Really, the only great movie of the whole thing is A New Hope.

Empire and Jedi are both awesome, but they are only awesome in context, they're only good because it's a completion of the story and a richer universe as they develop.  But as a stand alone, fantastic movie, Star Wars itself was Lucas' accidental masterpiece.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 23, 2011, 07:56:33 PM

I called it first.

And I will take a razor blade to my tattoos.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 23, 2011, 07:57:43 PM

Empire and Jedi are both awesome, but they are only awesome in context, they're only good because it's a completion of the story and a richer universe as they develop.  But as a stand alone, fantastic movie, Star Wars itself was Lucas' accidental masterpiece.

Surely you meant to say Empire Strikes Back.  Surely.

I still have a soft spot for the original trilogy.  I mean the original, original before Lucas molested it with computers.  I don't care if I can see the strings on the puppets.  I don't care if Han shot first.  I don't care if the original explosions didn't have gigantic rings around them, it was fine the fucking way it fucking was. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Idem

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 23, 2011, 07:56:33 PM

I called it first.

It's not like he has to act or anything.  It would be his "thrilling debut" into the Hollywood scene.

Suu

The 1997 edit of Return of the Jedi makes me punch infants. Seriously, editing out Sy's riveting rendition of Lapti Pek with that mid 90s CGI bullshit? I threw gummy bears at the screen.

The 2004 DVD edit of it makes me want to claw my eyes out.

The ONLY edit that is allowed to pass is Empire Strikes Back, and that's because they replaced the original actor for the Emperor with Ian McDiarmid, which at least makes sense, but Hayden Christensen does not belong in Return of the Jedi.

AFK

LOTR is the king of the big fantasy trilogies anyway.  It's still possible for Peter Jackson to pull a Lucas and shame the franchise with some lame prequels, but I have faith he will get the job done. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

I really hope you're right. There's so much money in the Hobbit that it feels like they couldn't not fuck it up. As long as Jackson gets to call all the shots, I think it'll be okay.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on June 23, 2011, 08:49:48 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on June 23, 2011, 07:57:43 PM

Surely you meant to say Empire Strikes Back.  Surely.

I still have a soft spot for the original trilogy.  I mean the original, original before Lucas molested it with computers.  I don't care if I can see the strings on the puppets.  I don't care if Han shot first.  I don't care if the original explosions didn't have gigantic rings around them, it was fine the fucking way it fucking was. 

Nope!

Aside from its overall strength as a single movie, A New Hope has one of my favorite movie moments of all time, too.  Luke standing on the ruins of his family's farm on Tatooine silhouetted by the two suns as the music plays.  If you add up the Battle of Hoth, Vader's reveal, Luke's NOOOO, Jabba's Palace, the final confrontation, anything, they do not add up to that one single moment.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.