News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

So, there's apparently a serial killer posting pics on 4chan

Started by Cain, September 28, 2015, 05:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Basically, about 24 hours ago now, someone was posting to /b/ claiming to have killed several women and posting several "before and after pics".

One problem: he got the details on one of his "victims" entirely wrong.  Different clothes and wounds from how she actually died.

So, is it a hoax?

Well, this is where it gets weird.  The pics are of decent quality, not obviously crime scene pics (angles that CS photographer wouldn't use, poor lighting) and, most interestingly, do not seem to be pics that are available elsewhere on the web according to the gore freaks out there.

This could be worth keeping an eye on.  There could be an innocent explanation for having access to such photos...or it could be a bit more disturbing.  Either way, it's 5am, and all my paperwork is done for the day, so I'm intrigued.  I also understand the FBI have been contacted with regard to the photos, though of course it's far too early for any official comment.

Faust

Last year there was one that wasn't a serial killer (killed his girlfriend and posted pictures).

I suppose its only a matter of time before this does happen, if indeed this one is fake, there are a few things you can do which I am sure the members on 4chan already have.

I haven't done this in many years, so if someone has more up to date methods please post em.

Check the images properties for meta data (online extraction tools are available if you want to try it).

Reverse image search with google tends only to work after images have been online for a while
the https://www.tineye.com/ reverse image search is sometimes a bit better at spotting them but if they were only posted at 5am its probably still not going to find it.

If the file name is exposed (if I recall 4chan it isn't) you can search the file name and that often finds other places it has been posted.

And then the last ditch thing is just googling phrases he has used to see if they have been posted elsewhere, especially if there are spelling mistakes in words because they are often repeated.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Sounds like a plan.

Well, maybe when I'm not on the work computer, at least.

hooplala

Does /b/ get culled regularly? It only me go back about ten pages.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on September 29, 2015, 01:44:40 AM

Yes.

The original link had already been wiped, not that I would've been especially keen on posting it here regardless.  I'll try and find a screencap....given the material, many people made them.

Meunster

My guess is its a lolkiddie reposting pictures from the deep web.
Either just mix and matching gore or a serial killer deep web blog.

Cause the derp web is the coool new thing.
Quote from: Cain on September 29, 2015, 03:09:11 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 29, 2015, 01:44:40 AM

Yes.

The original link had already been wiped, not that I would've been especially keen on posting it here regardless.  I'll try and find a screencap....given the material, many people made them.
Check archives. Unless archive4plebs is still down it should have it.
Poe's law ;)

Faust

serial killer blog? Wow the deep web has really moved on from buying weed and passports.

Meunster

Quote from: Faust on October 02, 2015, 08:13:20 PM
serial killer blog? Wow the deep web has really moved on from buying weed and passports.

There's even a deep web discordianism group.
Poe's law ;)

Faust

Meunster

Poe's law ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Meunster

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 03, 2015, 05:11:44 AM
Quote from: Meunster on October 02, 2015, 10:02:12 PM
Quote from: Faust on October 02, 2015, 09:28:43 PM
Oh yeah, anthing interesting in there?
discordians

So, no.
Basically.  Same dribble with a different spin more towards "muh internet freedoms."
Poe's law ;)