UNLIMITED Wizard Joseph Garbage Collection Thread.

Started by The Wizard Joseph, June 29, 2011, 11:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Phox on June 30, 2011, 10:39:33 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on June 30, 2011, 09:34:46 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on June 30, 2011, 09:32:06 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on June 30, 2011, 09:30:48 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on June 30, 2011, 09:04:08 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on June 30, 2011, 08:56:14 PM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on June 30, 2011, 08:33:44 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on June 30, 2011, 06:44:47 PM
butthurt is something you do to yourself.
So... does this mean I've been doing it wrong?  :sad:

On the other hand, the decision between KY and Astroglide is no longer going to haunt me at night.

Phox,
Is at least a polite butthurter.

:( It's not supposed to hurt.
Not sure if that was a joke fail on me or you're playing along to well. Either way, I got nothing.   :lulz:

:lulz: I'm playing the straight man.
:lulz:

Oh, well. Joke roont.  :lulz:

OR IS IT?
I still have an armor-plated dick, so It still might work.  :lulz:

This thread is now dildoes. :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

:mittens:
:) Now I know what butthurt means. Sorry I've been an ass.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: COL Coyote on June 30, 2011, 10:48:50 PM

On the other hand, the decision between KY and Astroglide is no longer going to haunt me at night.

Phox,

Not sure if that was a joke fail on me or you're playing along to well. Either way, I got nothing.   :lulz:

OR IS IT?

This thread is now dildoes. :lulz:

You mean those strange little creatures you get when a deer fucks a kosher pickle?

AFK

Phox,

OR IS IT?

This thread is now armadildoes. :lulz:

Fixed
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Phox

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on July 01, 2011, 05:02:04 PM

Phox,

OR IS IT?

This thread is now armadildoes. :lulz:

Fixed
Okay.... gotta laugh at that one.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

trix

There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

The Wizard Joseph

I've decided that as a way to keep my more wordy crap off the threads I'll use this one. 
It was gonna be my garbage anyway.
I'll just post a quote from what I'm looking at and comment to my hearts content here, that way I won't step on toes and IF someone wants to hear my crap from the rest of the forum they'll find it here. 
I apologize to those I've snapped at and for jumping blind into these forums without understanding the etiquette and problems of the place.
I do love and think I understand Discordianism, but know that I'm still learning.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Original thread:  http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=29528.0 started by Cramulus.

QuoteFive [5] Things that Satanists could learn from Discordians from bettedoom's blog
:evil:
Quote*"We Discordians should stick apart!": On a scale of Wicca to drama-free, the votaries of Eris have us beat-hands down. Why could this be? The more closely-knit a community, the more that peer and mentor relationships tend to moderate and maintain homogeneity among its adherents. Both Satanism and its dotty great-aunt Discordianism benefit from the opposite tactic. It is this sound advice that gives rise to the tradition that all Discordian popes undertake as their first papal action the excommunication of all other Discordian popes and momes.

:lol:
Whatever.
I can still taste the milk that got stuck in my sinuses when he(?) implied that the "Votaries of Eris" get little drama.
The truth is "Auntie Eris" is drama and will spank your ass if you get loud.
If we seem better off than some it's because open argument is far better for a group than secretive bitching and power-playing.
It does not work well in hierarchies.... Ah.. Ah! *Achoocifer!!..* (X'cuse me, sniff)
By nature it thins the ranks and leaves the competent people strong and adaptable instead of more dependent on "little people" at the bottom of the tower.

If someone has ever graced the author with a "genuine" PD Pope card the absurdity of the statement made here would be funnier!
Ahem..
"Every man, woman, and child on this earth is a genuine and authorized pope. reproduce and distribute these cards freely"
It's not like Erisians need a declaration of Anemic Will to be one or something.
Just a good copier service.

Quote*Although it is very good and wise to hold serious reservations about the existence of Deity, it is equally good and wise to entertain the possibility, especially when faced with the problems of theodicy, that god is a crazy woman.

8)
It's good and wise to hold intelligent reservations.
Serious reservations tend to get stuck in your head...even when they're just no good anymore.
Now, Eris can be off the reservation entirely, but she's only half of the Chao(to some)!
If there is an Omni-God it's beyond duality, and theodicy(reconciling the goodness and powerful nasty side of God) is like being appologetic to a gazell for the lion's strength and hunger.
Nobody involved cares, probably best to move on.  :fnord:

Quote*Both religion and humor are attempts to negotiate the mind-rending alienation and misery of the human condition and are excellent antidotes to the most horrible of life's pains-boredom. Religion and comedy are both born in pain, one seeks to escape or ameliorate that pain through its own means, but comedy approaches what is painful with an intimate smirk.

:|
Life' got much worse than boredom available, obviously. 
More subtly, Good comics and clergy are rarely alienated people. 
The best have usually had a few mind-rendings and come out stronger for it. 
What is unique to Discordians is that the whole thing is a joke AND an assertion of reality that borders religion. 
Discordians are the laughing tears, the moment the pain got so bad it got funny. 
It's kissing death on the teeth and grabbing his bony ass while you pick his pockets. It's multitasking... schmuck! :roll:

Quote*The care and keeping of mythology is our responsibility. In the good ole' days, stone idols were dressed and made up continuously, as the ancients understood that devotion literally fed their gods, who would wither and die without it. The story of the Great Snub need not compete with the Illiad.

Is he saying that Satanists should look to Discordians for tips on keeping a mythology together?   
Maybe the first priest to dress up an idol in gaudy crap was taking fashion and financial advice from one.

"Oh, no nonono! The Big Owl wants a red SILK shawl today. I happen to have the very finest, but just barely enough and I just hate to part with it, but if you insist. For the Owl!"

I doubt it got all traditional until after said Discordian's caravan was long gone.

Additionally a question: If the gods NEED us to feed and change them regularly wouldn't that make US the superiors?
Also the Illiad sucked, Homer left out all the good parts.

Quote*Anarchy and advanced bureaucracy are phases of one renewing cycle, and the natural forces of entropy are sufficient to topple any tyrant.

:evilmad:
THIS kind of idea is what every tyrant is counting on.  This keeps some of the brightest and most capable minds and wills in check..  Waiting out the tyrant only prolongs the transition from bureaucracy to aftermath.  Patience is all well and good, but the Discordians know the option to act upon the self to adapt is just as good as trying to change the circumstances. Neither choice is just waiting it out.

I think that Satanists can be awesome(I've known quite a few), but for me it's Eris that has all the cards.   :)
I think Discordiansim adapts and creates as a function of the (non)self image it can foster in people.  :p
I think Satanists could learn alot from us, but they would no longer be serving anybody or anything if they got the lesson.  :fap:
I think black robes get too stuffy and hot with all those candles burning.  :argh!:
I think there is no 5. :fap:
I think if you're gonna drink black wine you should do it for the flavor and have a snack or tums handy.  :fnord:
I think fiction can own you if you're not willing to tweak it to suit your tastes. :sad:
I think I'm allergic to goats. :cry:
I think Anton Lavey looked great with a snake and hand-made hoodie with little horns, both a gift from his Auntie I'm sure. :fap:
I think 10 is the real number of man and most of us are just blind in one eye.  :wink:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Placid Dingo

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on July 02, 2011, 08:44:15 PM
I've decided that as a way to keep my more wordy crap off the threads I'll use this one. 
It was gonna be my garbage anyway.
I'll just post a quote from what I'm looking at and comment to my hearts content here, that way I won't step on toes and IF someone wants to hear my crap from the rest of the forum they'll find it here. 
I apologize to those I've snapped at and for jumping blind into these forums without understanding the etiquette and problems of the place.
I do love and think I understand Discordianism, but know that I'm still learning.

Wordy is fine. Wordy is good.

Tldr means too long, didn't read. It's good to write tldr and an overview of the bigger writing under it for people who get overwhelmed.

Some of your comments cover previously covered ground, but apart from that I like your comments and I think you're a worthwhile contributor.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Placid Dingo

Just read from the start. You also poked Roger.

Don't poke Roger.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Placid Dingo on July 25, 2011, 02:22:51 PM

Don't poke Roger.

IT'S IMPOLITE TO POKE DEAD PEOPLE.
Molon Lube

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 25, 2011, 06:20:41 PM

Don't poke Roger.

BUT IT IS A RELIGIOUS IMPERATIVE TO POKE ROGER, IF YOU PASS HIM IN THE ROAD.

EXPLAIN THAT, DOKTOR.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Payne on July 25, 2011, 06:25:12 PM

Don't poke Roger.

EXPLAIN THAT, DOKTOR.

NO, IT IS A RELIGIOUS IMPERATIVE TO CRAP ON HIS GRAVE.  WE ONLY TELL PEOPLE THE POKING BIT FOR OUR OWN SICK AMUSEMENT.
Molon Lube

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 25, 2011, 06:28:15 PM

Don't poke Roger.

EXPLAIN THAT, DOKTOR.

NO, IT IS A RELIGIOUS IMPERATIVE TO CRAP ON HIS GRAVE.  WE ONLY TELL PEOPLE THE POKING BIT FOR OUR OWN SICK AMUSEMENT.

"BOMBS AWAY, SWEET PRINCE" HE CRIED TO HIS FALLEN COMRADE AS, KECKS AROUND HIS ANKLES, HE SQUATTED OVER THE MOUND OF FRESHLY TURNED (THOUGH DUSTY AND ALMOST, BUT NOT QUITE, ENTIRELY LIFELESS) ARIZONA EARTH.

FOR IT IS HOW HE WOULD HAVE WANTED IT.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Payne on July 25, 2011, 06:35:14 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 25, 2011, 06:28:15 PM

Don't poke Roger.

EXPLAIN THAT, DOKTOR.

"BOMBS AWAY, SWEET PRINCE" HE CRIED TO HIS FALLEN COMRADE AS, KECKS AROUND HIS ANKLES, HE SQUATTED OVER THE MOUND OF FRESHLY TURNED (THOUGH DUSTY AND ALMOST, BUT NOT QUITE, ENTIRELY LIFELESS) ARIZONA EARTH.

FOR IT IS HOW HE WOULD HAVE WANTED IT. WROTE IT IN HIS WILL.

Fixed.
Molon Lube