News:

TESTEMONAIL:  Right and Discordianism allows room for personal interpretation. You have your theories and I have mine. Unlike Christianity, Discordia allows room for ideas and opinions, and mine is well-informed and based on ancient philosophy and theology, so, my neo-Discordian friends, open your minds to my interpretation and I will open my mind to yours. That's fair enough, right? Just claiming to be discordian should mean that your mind is open and willing to learn and share ideas. You guys are fucking bashing me and your laughing at my theologies and my friends know what's up and are laughing at you and honestly this is my last shot at putting a label on my belief structure and your making me lose all hope of ever finding a ideological group I can relate to because you don't even know what the fuck I'm talking about and everything I have said is based on the founding principals of real Discordianism. Expand your mind.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED POWAH FRUIT GOO

Started by Freeky, June 29, 2011, 11:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

16 ounces fresh raspberries
1 pound ripe red plums
1 cup sugar
water
1/3 cup petron orange liqueur
more sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons honey

Chop up the raspberries, peel and dice plums, and place in medium pot.  Add one cup of sugar.  Add enough water to just cover everything.  Bring to a boil stirring frequently.  Realize that recipe is too sweet.  Add orange liqueur, realize you have too much liquid, add some more sugar.  Notice the honey that's been on the counter for a while.  Add to pot while laughing at the certainty that this is going to be a horrible mistake.  Slow boil everything, stirring frequently.  Eventually take it off the heat and put it in a jar, or a couple of jars.

Luna

Oh, my...  That sounds yummy...
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Freeky

It actually ended up FUCKING DELICIOUS, but I didn't cook it long enough, so it's just basically juice with extra pulp.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Next time no water.
The natural juices cook out and create a thick pectiny gloop.

Freeky

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on June 30, 2011, 03:16:37 AM
Next time no water.

The stuff I sent you, I made it with water.

Did you ever eat it?

AND WHERE ARE MY CARAMELS?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That will be amazing on ice cream, or waffles. Especially lard waffles.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

If you puree it and run it through a sieve to remove the raspberry seeds you can reduce it further and use it to make lacquered meat dishes.

Get that shit dialed in and watch people fight over the last sparerib/chicken wing/grilled jalapeno. It's magic. And you've basically already got an awesome enough flavor combo going there that I intend to steal it and use it the next time I have some sort of fowl I want to impress people with.

ETA: If you decide to try this, be sure to reduce it VERY SLOWLY after you've strained it. With all the sugar in there, it will scorch very quickly if it's a too high a temperature. You want it just barely simmering in the middle, and stir it frequently with a rubber scraper. Do this in a good nonstick pan or you'll hate yourself forever. You'll never get it off aluminum without a kiln. Once it's reduced to the point that when you remove the rubber scraper the stuff left on it dries and gets tacky in a couple-few seconds, you're there. Take whatever meat you're using (have this already cooked - the lacquering is just a finishing step), brush it liberally with the reduction, and stick it under a preheated broiler for a few seconds. Keep a close eye on it as you will have about a 10 second window between "perfect" and "charcoal". This works best on birds and pigs. For birds, make sure to keep the skin on (or get skin-on pieces if doing wings or drumsticks or something like that) and get it nice and crispy BEFORE you lacquer it and broil it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh fuck yes. Use as glaze; watch addiction occur.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

ITT, ECH takes the awesome all the way up to GAWD-LIKE AWESOME.

East Coast Hustle

Don't try to give me the credit. I didn't invent the technique. And I was inspired by your flavor/texture/color combination.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Freeky

Jenne

Sounds like you can also make candy out of this with just a few twists and turns, similar to what ECH suggested above.

Brava, Freeky!

Freeky

I reduced it, and it came perfect, but then I realized i have NO FREAKING CLUE where the broiler on our stove is.  So it ended up just being a glaze over some pork chop steaks for now until that question is answered.

Also, I made pretty garlic flowers and onion rainbows as garnish.  :lol:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 01, 2011, 08:22:24 AM
I reduced it, and it came perfect, but then I realized i have NO FREAKING CLUE where the broiler on our stove is.

It's not underneath? I thought they were always underneath.  :? 

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on June 30, 2011, 03:18:02 AM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on June 30, 2011, 03:16:37 AM
Next time no water.

The stuff I sent you, I made it with water.

Did you ever eat it?

AND WHERE ARE MY CARAMELS?

I ate all of it!
I HAVE NO TIEM FOR CARAMEL!
I work too much :(