News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Well, it has begun already.....

Started by AFK, July 01, 2011, 05:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

http://www.sunjournal.com/city/story/1052628

"We will never forget!"

Well, yeah, how the hell CAN we forget when politicians and Americans worship the flag like it's Jesus Almighty take any chance they can to remind us what happened on 9/11!.  We've been dwelling on that incident like a motherfucker.  It's this weird, perverse somber, yet celebratory holiday.  Hooray we got attacked so we can show you just how fucking awesome we are by never forgetting and telling you, really loudly, how we'll never forget!  NEVER FORGET IT!

And we like those big round numbers and this year is number 10.  There will be specials, and specials about specials.  The flag waving and chest beating and poop flinging will be of epic proportions this year.  You won't be able to escape it.  Even if you turn your TV off and throw it away, undoubtedly your town will have some kind of iron bar worshiping, or American flag waving, or bell ringing, or Mosque re-decorating ceremony. 

Jeebus this shit is going to be everywhere.  It's already started.  And it's only fucking July 1st!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Disco Pickle

"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Cain

It's been 10 years since Cheney made the findings of the 2001 Energy Task Force secret?

Wow, time flies....

Suu

I may go to NYC for the memorial ceremony, but, yeah...at least I have a reason. Momentary patriotism can kiss my ass, otherwise.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on July 01, 2011, 05:50:45 PM
http://www.sunjournal.com/city/story/1052628

"We will never forget!"

Well, yeah, how the hell CAN we forget when politicians and Americans worship the flag like it's Jesus Almighty take any chance they can to remind us what happened on 9/11!.  We've been dwelling on that incident like a motherfucker.  It's this weird, perverse somber, yet celebratory holiday.  Hooray we got attacked so we can show you just how fucking awesome we are by never forgetting and telling you, really loudly, how we'll never forget!  NEVER FORGET IT!

And we like those big round numbers and this year is number 10.  There will be specials, and specials about specials.  The flag waving and chest beating and poop flinging will be of epic proportions this year.  You won't be able to escape it.  Even if you turn your TV off and throw it away, undoubtedly your town will have some kind of iron bar worshiping, or American flag waving, or bell ringing, or Mosque re-decorating ceremony

Jeebus this shit is going to be everywhere.  It's already started.  And it's only fucking July 1st!
:horrormirth:
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Kai

Oh my fuck, it's religion. The steel from the WTC is a holy relic, people flock to it to see and be healed, they hang pictures of flags being raised atop the rubble as others would hang Jesus. They speak in hushed tones, sacred space, holy objects, not a one daring to speak out in heresy. To do so would be sacrilege.

And so they built a shrine building over the top to memmorialize for all time the events and it was never about the people, no, it was about the symbol and the magic that pours from it, a symbol of power and healing. And all reached in to touch, people started selling on the street corners, little pieces, bits of stone or metal, parts of the body of the great dashed martyr building...
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: ϗ, M.S. on July 01, 2011, 06:05:57 PM
Oh my fuck, it's religion. The steel from the WTC is a holy relic, people flock to it to see and be healed, they hang pictures of flags being raised atop the rubble as others would hang Jesus. They speak in hushed tones, sacred space, holy objects, not a one daring to speak out in heresy. To do so would be sacrilege.

And so they built a shrine building over the top to memmorialize for all time the events and it was never about the people, no, it was about the symbol and the magic that pours from it, a symbol of power and healing. And all reached in to touch, people started selling on the street corners, little pieces, bits of stone or metal, parts of the body of the great dashed martyr building...

Goddammit, this!

As evidenced by it being nice and convenient to scare people into voting GOP but then the GOP turns around and says fuck you to the victims' families, the firemen, NYPD.....
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

The victims were forgotten as people as soon as Bush took to the rubble with his goddamn megaphone and started the chest-thumping.  Then they just became set-pieces for their propaganda.  And both sides of the aisle have gladly dropped trow, waded and traded in that filth. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on July 01, 2011, 05:55:28 PM
It's been 10 years since Cheney made the findings of the 2001 Energy Task Force secret?

Wow, time flies....

:mittens: