News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

And Then, Suu, There's The Women

Started by Doktor Howl, July 03, 2011, 07:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bu☆ns on July 04, 2011, 04:35:03 AM
:lulz: doc...i've dated most of them ...cept the drunk and a couple others. 

The drunk is a nightmare.
Molon Lube

Bu🤠ns

Lol my god i dont even want to imagine :lulz:

Laughin Jude

QuoteOn the flip side, I've had a few guys pretend to want to be my friend only to dump me when I wasn't interested in having sex with them. That really hurt my feelings and made me more suspicious, in a way that still kind of stings to this day. I really liked them as people and believed they really liked me as a person, so when it turned out that wasn't the case it threw me for a loop, hard.

You can't just manufacture an attraction where there is none.

Oh, that's just dirty pool.  :x

And there's definitely room for platonic friends of the opposite sex (or same sex if that's your thing) whom you're just not attracted to that way. I'm a heterosexual guy, but a lot of my best friends over the course of my life have been girls, and believe it or not I haven't wanted to have sex with most of them (or well, not most of the time... hormones, you know). I really value having female friends and do my best not to fuck those friendships up.*

That said, speaking as a guy, there's something you see all the time with some (not all) women: the moment a guy becomes her friend, he's automatically off the table as far as anything else goes. It's kinda baffling. (And no, I am not going to espouse Ladder Theory.)

*For the record, I'm actually right now very slowly starting to date my female best friend... but it's one of those situations where our friendship has kind of evolved over the past few years, and though I've been pretty up-front about my feelings for her lately and she hasn't run away yet--and has even been kind of cautiously responsive to my advances--her latest ex was an emotionally/psychologically abusive fuck and she's trying to put her life back together after leaving him a couple months ago, so right now my major goal is being the friend she needs and helping her rebuild her shattered self-esteem more than anything else. She knows I care about her, and it's kind of one of those "I'm gonna be here when you're ready to try it again" kinds of things. But that's a whole other topic...

QuoteThe friend though, Im convinced, is merely just due to a fellow who can't seem to close.  Sometimes she just waiting for that bold move.  Any time I've "The Friend" was due to my inability to read her or a certain lack of effort on my own part
That does happen too. I've seen it. When I was a lot younger and didn't know what the fuck I was doing when it came to relationships, I did it.  :lulz: Sometimes it's the man not having any balls, definitely. But that's not the only reason it happens; sometimes it really is the woman just not knowing a good man when one's sitting next to her.
Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - A semi-Discordian serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension

Bu🤠ns

Of course there are exceptions :) What I realized is that most women operate under a mindet of abundance.  Guys have to contend with that an if the dude assumes his scarcity reality, he's doomed from the start.  At that point he's probably demonstrated little value other than being "a good listener." 

Ambassador KLOK KAOS

I'd put my ex's type type in there too, for the sake of completeness (even though she demonstrated many of those other undesirable qualities frequently).

Batshit crazy. 

I'm not talking like the obsessed one already posted, but someone who is deeply disconnected from reality.  She was also pretty hot, so... no, it totally wasn't worth it.

Anecdote just for the sake helping define the archetype:

She called me up out of the blue after years of not speaking (she had thrown me out in the street years before in the middle of the night, very far away from friends and family) and did the whole ex routine...

So I took a 4 hour roadtrip on the chance I'd get some pussy that would be easy.  Got down there, to meet her huge boyfriend, who wasn't aware she was inviting me over to get rid of him. She'd left that tiny detail out and wondered why I was mad.  I was also supposed to be throwing him out and he paid her bills... yeah...

Anyhow that's only 1 of several dozen crazy batshit insane stunts she pulled before I decided never again.

Thankfully now I have a really good woman that's awesome to me routinely.  It was actually really weird at first for me having a functional relationship for the first time, but I totally got over that.
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore, to misuse it.

New Rule:  You are a terrorist and with be dealt with as such.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

On the "friend" side, I have also more than once been the friend who fell in love, only to be rejected. I don't think it's because the guys were stupid or deluded, I think it's because you really just can't manufacture attraction on demand. I actually think that's a lot of what's going on with me and Mr. Language; I feel that way for him, and he might have wanted to feel that way for me but he just doesn't.

Sometimes the Nice Guy just doesn't want the girl.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 04, 2011, 08:35:21 AM
On the "friend" side, I have also more than once been the friend who fell in love, only to be rejected. I don't think it's because the guys were stupid or deluded, I think it's because you really just can't manufacture attraction on demand. I actually think that's a lot of what's going on with me and Mr. Language; I feel that way for him, and he might have wanted to feel that way for me but he just doesn't.

Yep.

:sad:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

:|
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Juana

As someone who might look like the Friend (pretty much everyone I've ever turned down has been a friend, but each time I had a legitimate reason), it could be that the Friend has reasons she's not sure how to articulate, so she uses an easy out. I don't have that problem, but other women might.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Ambassador KLOK KAOS

I think it's because you women really just can't manufacture attraction on demand.

This is the core of that issue right there.

Women are like slow moving dials with their attraction, men are like light switches.  That's a simplified generalization and if you pick it apart it doesn't make it less true.

Criteria for attraction is generally the same as well, but to different degrees.

For example, women tend to place less focus on physical aspects than men do.  Not always the case, but that's the general current of the river.

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore, to misuse it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ambassador KLOK KAOS on July 05, 2011, 08:34:06 PM
I think it's because you women really just can't manufacture attraction on demand.

This is the core of that issue right there.

Women are like slow moving dials with their attraction, men are like light switches.  That's a simplified generalization and if you pick it apart it doesn't make it less true.

Criteria for attraction is generally the same as well, but to different degrees.

For example, women tend to place less focus on physical aspects than men do.  Not always the case, but that's the general current of the river.

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM

So, you're saying that the friends I fell for who turned me down COULD have manufactured attraction for me, but chose not to?  :?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ambassador KLOK KAOS

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 05, 2011, 08:41:15 PM
So, you're saying that the friends I fell for who turned me down COULD have manufactured attraction for me, but chose not to?  :?

I'm not guaranteeing that, but as a general rule, if you put a beer in a man's stomach (providing he's not revolted by your appearance) and then you grab his dick and put it in your mouth (also assuming there isn't other complications like he's secretly dating your sister or w/e) then he'd much more apt to "manufacture" that attraction (unless of course, he's a total pussy, at which point, what the fuck are you sucking his dick for?).

If it works out after that, that's a whole different story.  That really depends on compatibility.  If a man now comes in and debates this fact, they are in fact, gay, even if they are married with 22 children.

Men are pretty simple creatures.  Provided the woman isn't psycho or fugly and is reasonably responsible and puts out, that's probably 80% of the battle right there.  

There is one big exception to this of course, and that's if the "MAN" you are trying to date is actually a "BOY".  Children are not capable of having adult relationships.  Same applies for the woman though.  If you're not together you can't have a responsible adult relationship either.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's revolting, and I don't think the men you know are anything like the men I know.

Ambassador KLOK KAOS

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 05, 2011, 08:52:12 PM
That's revolting, and I don't think the men you know are anything like the men I know.

This is quite possible.  The fact that you're revolted though makes me question WHY that is.  I probably shouldn't go down this road though.  I get the feeling you'll get offended eventually and I'm not in that market in this particular circumstance.

Suu

Quote from: Ambassador KLOK KAOS on July 05, 2011, 08:50:06 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 05, 2011, 08:41:15 PM
So, you're saying that the friends I fell for who turned me down COULD have manufactured attraction for me, but chose not to?  :?

I'm not guaranteeing that, but as a general rule, if you put a beer in a man's stomach (providing he's not revolted by your appearance) and then you grab his dick and put it in your mouth (also assuming there isn't other complications like he's secretly dating your sister or w/e) then he'd much more apt to "manufacture" that attraction (unless of course, he's a total pussy, at which point, what the fuck are you sucking his dick for?).

If it works out after that, that's a whole different story.  That really depends on compatibility.  If a man now comes in and debates this fact, they are in fact, gay, even if they are married with 22 children.

Men are pretty simple creatures.  Provided the woman isn't psycho or fugly and is reasonably responsible and puts out, that's probably 80% of the battle right there.  

There is one big exception to this of course, and that's if the "MAN" you are trying to date is actually a "BOY".  Children are not capable of having adult relationships.  Same applies for the woman though.  If you're not together you can't have a responsible adult relationship either.

No. No they aren't. They just think on different wavelengths.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."