News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

TOFU

Started by Dysnomia, November 27, 2008, 12:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

lizzie if you go to grocery store, they sell "tofu chicken strips" which are just like stir-fry sized chunks of tofu that have been textured and flavoured similar to chicken and you can make delicious foods with them
i had tofu enchiladas made outta that last night, vry tasty

Sepia

Marinate thumbsized chunks of tofu (frozen and then pressed for liquid) in 1 part kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) and 3 parts coconut cream over night. For each chunk of tofu take half a strip of bacon and cover each chunk of tofu with it, skewer with a toothpick if needed. Fry these on low temp on each side untill done the way you like your bacon.

When I do these, I usually make up a nice portion I can reheat and use for lunch or whatever strikes my fancy as these are quite cheap to make and taste decently and aren't the most unhealthy thing you can put in your tummy. Best used with a salad:

Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Salad, 1-2 different types
Tomaters (whatever kind you can get hold of that isn't rockhard and feels like a cannonball)
Shallot/beetroot brunoise

Toss, add some nice oil, eat.
Everyone will always be too late

Dysnomia

Quote from: Frederieke Noodle on December 03, 2008, 06:34:33 AM
lizzie if you go to grocery store, they sell "tofu chicken strips" which are just like stir-fry sized chunks of tofu that have been textured and flavoured similar to chicken and you can make delicious foods with them
i had tofu enchiladas made outta that last night, vry tasty

they have some nomy breaded ones at trader joe's that I could throw in the oven, and put on a sammie with marinara sauce, and mozzarella. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Manta Obscura

I found this recently, and thought it might be relevant to this thread:

So true.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.