News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

New People Should Probably Read This.

Started by Doktor Howl, July 07, 2011, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

I think he meant to say "diesel". Diesel is a kind of fuel:

Quote from: CramulusI sure don't know the truck I drive. What I think I know, is that diesel is a kind of fuel.

See? Now it makes sense.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 08, 2011, 04:28:09 AM
I think it is fairly self-evident that I am not literally always right. I am also not literally a Dark Empress, nor do I literally prolapse people's rectums.

She says that to convince people to move to Portland.

They are never seen again.  Only their horribly disfigured asses are left, all flipped inside out on the sidewalk.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Adios Amigos! on July 08, 2011, 03:06:07 AM
Dok has the admin keys and can easily splice this stuff out.  Problem solved.  As for the other problem, I can solve that one as well.  I've found some new haunts anyway.  Toodles!

This is what happens when a Discordian finds A Cause that he/she values more than the horse laugh.

Srsly srs.
Not Even Once.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 08, 2011, 12:35:18 PM
I think he meant to say "diesel". Diesel is a kind of fuel:

Quote from: CramulusI sure don't know the truck I drive. What I think I know, is that diesel is a kind of fuel.

See? Now it makes sense.
:eek:
I see and am amazed!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 08, 2011, 01:52:42 PM
Dok has the admin keys and can easily splice this stuff out.  Problem solved.  As for the other problem, I can solve that one as well.  I've found some new haunts anyway.  Toodles!

This is what happens when a Discordian finds A Cause that he/she values more than the horse laugh.

Srsly srs.
Not Even Once.

What sucks is that I really like RWHN. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on July 08, 2011, 02:11:53 PM

Srsly srs.
Not Even Once.

So do I.  I expect he'll be back, sooner or later.  He's not the drama type, so I expect it will be later.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

There's a lesson in here, somewhere.

Something about "If you are too emotionally invested in an idea to debate without getting really, honestly angry, then avoid that topic.  Unless you're me."
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 08, 2011, 01:51:20 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 08, 2011, 04:28:09 AM
I think it is fairly self-evident that I am not literally always right. I am also not literally a Dark Empress, nor do I literally prolapse people's rectums.

She says that to convince people to move to Portland.

They are never seen again.  Only their horribly disfigured asses are left, all flipped inside out on the sidewalk.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: l©m©n©o©, PhD on July 08, 2011, 02:11:53 PM

Srsly srs.
Not Even Once.

Yeah, outside of the MJ thread and the puns I actually like him too. Although, when I said so, he took it as an insult and told me to fuck off and not talk to him.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Well.

I'm not so sure I'm glad I hunted down the reason for his flounce.  I go away for the better part of a week and THIS happens.  WTF.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Adios Amigos! on July 08, 2011, 01:17:34 AM
I believe the way she has conducted herself in that thread, towards me, is antithetical to the substance of this stickied piece.  She lazily and grossly misrepresented my posting history in that thread, completely and unsubstantially categorizing everything I posted in that thread as "religion" and "irrelevant". 

All I'm saying is that if she is going to be held up like that, in a stickied thread, it sends a certain signal to me, unintentional or not.  If that kind of behavior is going to be championed, it tells me that this place is no longer the place for me. 

If that causes you to lose respect for me, so be it.  But I will stand on my principles whether it is popular or not. 

Dude.

Really?

I mean, really for real?

you need someone to call Whine-one-one and have them send over the WAAAAAHHmbulance?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Also, the retroactive dick-sucking wagon can suck MY dick.

I like RWHN too. Hell, I've met the guy in person (albeit very briefly) and he seems like a really decent dude. But based on this thread it's hard to come to any other conclusion but that HE holds US in contempt.

I think Dok may have hit the nail on the head with the bit about what happens when a Discordian finds A CAUSE TO BELIEVE IN, but I also find it hard to believe that's the only impetus for this. Someone who felt some measure of respect and camaraderie for the community wouldn't take an isolated incident in one thread involving one other person and use it to tar & feather the entire board.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on July 08, 2011, 10:33:57 PM
Also, the retroactive dick-sucking wagon can suck MY dick.

I like RWHN too. Hell, I've met the guy in person (albeit very briefly) and he seems like a really decent dude. But based on this thread it's hard to come to any other conclusion but that HE holds US in contempt.

I think Dok may have hit the nail on the head with the bit about what happens when a Discordian finds A CAUSE TO BELIEVE IN, but I also find it hard to believe that's the only impetus for this. Someone who felt some measure of respect and camaraderie for the community wouldn't take an isolated incident in one thread involving one other person and use it to tar & feather the entire board.

Also, every person here eventually gets pissed when they realize that PD isn't going to be exactly what they think it should be.

I went through this a lot in 2004/2005, you may remember.  :lulz:

Nigel's done it, Suu's done it, Cain's done it, everyone has.  Also, RWHN is at a stage in life (kids at a certain age, etc), where he will suddenly feel that he has to stop fucking around.  Monkey logic, of course, but that's how The Machine works.  Because he feels he has to be serious (about a cause, his career, etc), he will naturally look down on people that still act like asshats.  Again, this happens to everyone eventually.  Paes comes to mind, here.  I was mad at him from his flounce announcement until very recently, when all of the above occurred to me.

RWHN will get over it, or he won't.  I still like him and respect his views on many things, but he and he alone wrote his flounce, and he and he alone will have to decide if and when he'll come back.  If and when he does, I'll welcome him back and forget this never happened.  If not, I'll trip across his threads once in a while (particularly ones like "In the end, they had to wheel him out"), and remember him, the same way I remember guys like Peacock...You know, a talented guy that I used to know, whom I lost contact with.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Whatever I was going to say is redacted...as it's seen as a knee-jerk reaction to shit I wasn't party to since for once I had a motherfucking life.

Whatever.  Again.

Fuck this.

Doktor Howl

There's enough butthurt for everyone, baby!
\
:kojak:
Molon Lube