News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

New People Should Probably Read This.

Started by Doktor Howl, July 07, 2011, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

No that was wrong.  Let me...begin again.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on July 09, 2011, 05:17:01 AM

Interesting phenomena I have noticed on PD...Whenever a generalization is made, just about everyone assumes they're included1.

There's probably an interesting reason for that.

1  For example, you're thinking I'm talking about you right now.
Molon Lube

Jenne

It seems to me, that if a longtime member here has an ...ISSUE...  that it apparently goes beyond the scope of what's normally seen here.

Especially given that said MEMBER is not someone who flounces easily.  Nor does he give into flights of whimsy that take him into the deeper, darker realms of, well, as said earlier ITT...BUTTHURT.

SO!  In view of and in light of things that have been said, over many, MANY years here...I'd be bound to say that, in RWHN's case, this is somewhat of a longtime coming.  He apparently felt slighted.  I think, since he's not given to being a dick of unusual nature to others, that if he feels hurt by someone, he's probably, most likely, not been given his due.

To stick your DICK down his THROAT and jizz continuously when he states such is sorta...well...rude.  I think I'd flounce as well.  I don't know what-all was said behind scenes, all I know is, dude's had my own back more than once.  And nothing I've seen from him seems to indicate someone who's prone to attack, or untoward whininess.

THAT BEING SAID--I don't think he is tarring us ALL on the board with the same feather, so to speak, I think the OP was just the straw.  And, sorry, but DUDE HAS TAKEN A LOT OF MOTHERFUCKING SHIT for a job that takes it's MOTHERFUCKING TOLL.  And yes, he chose it.  Yes, he still does it, day in, day out.

But then he gets shit on HERE for defending it.

How many of us HERE have to motherfucking defend what it is we do to make a paycheck?

Granted, he's got a fire in his belly about it.  And he gives what-for.

All I'm saying is:  He's good people.  (yes, I'm borrowing his phrase about me)

And I'm sorry, but I hate to see good people leave PD.  For whatever the fuck.

I'm not going to jump on a wagon full of "fuck yous" to RWHN.  Probably mostly because I wasn't the one he was talking to or about in this thread.  HOWEVER, I also don't want to make the mistake of thinking that he is not of sound thinking of, instead of causing a buncha shit all over the fucking board, he's deciding to take a break, or leave, or just get some headspace.

We've all done it. 

So instead of pillorying the motherfucker, I'll just welcome his ass back when it comes through the door.

Because, PD = motherfucking Hotel California.

Shit.

Fuck this.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 09, 2011, 05:18:40 AM

Interesting phenomena I have noticed on PD...Whenever a generalization is made, just about everyone assumes they're included1.

Roger, I love you with a hard on a mile wide and thick, but fuck your generalizations on my behalf. 

Ok, maybe you're right.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on July 09, 2011, 05:26:51 AM

Roger, I love you with a hard on a mile wide and thick, but fuck your generalizations on my behalf. 

Ok, maybe you're right.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Phox

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on July 08, 2011, 10:33:57 PM
Also, the retroactive dick-sucking wagon can suck MY dick.

I agree with everything ECH has ever said, especially the stuff that I disagree with.

ETA: Also, I have no problems with RWHN, and think his reaction was over-the-top, but I'd rather he return soon. Who else will amuse infuriate me with puns?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This.

I have said "I think X about people who believe Y" and people have assumed that I was talking about THEM and accusing them of believing some vile thing. But I was trying to leave an out, because if they don't believe Y, I don't think X about them. Trying to leave some room to state my opinion without pointing a fucking finger at anyone, yet the finger gets written in regardless.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I just tend to assume that those must be the people I'm talking about, and act accordingly.

Mostly it's just more fun than assuming that peoples' reading comprehension is suffering a temporary setback.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Payne

I have to say that the general tone and even composition of the board hasn't changed as much as people believe it has. Sure we have different conversations now, and many of the faces are different, but the "feel" of PD for me hasn't ever changed dramatically and always seems to find some kind of equilibrium.

That said, when people flounce for what appears to be little reason, then it would appear to me that it's at least 50% their problem rather than the board in general. The problem may not be entirely invalid, of course, but PD is what it is and you'd think that if you've been here long enough to have an official flounce then you've seen enough of it to understand PD.

I love RWHN like a brother, and hope he brought his punglasses with him so when he (inevitably) comes back, he can stroll in looking Cool As Fuck.

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Phox on July 09, 2011, 06:48:10 AM
Who else will amuse infuriate me with puns?

Trip, who is almost as bad as RWHN but doesn't get even 5% of the recognition for it.

Payne

But you totally ARE talking about me right now. How can you not? I'm AMAZING!

I can't help it if I penetrate* and bind all living things in the universe together.

* :lmnuendo:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Payne on July 09, 2011, 08:37:39 AMI have to say that the general tone and even composition of the board hasn't changed as much as people believe it has. Sure we have different conversations now when we're not busy repeating the same discussions over and over again, and many of the faces are different, but the "feel" of PD for me hasn't ever changed dramatically and always seems to find some kind of equilibrium.

Fixed. BTW, we haven't done "free will" in a while, have we? Maybe it's time.

QuoteI love RWHN like a brother, and hope he brought his punglasses with him so when he (inevitably) comes back, he can stroll in looking Cool As Fuck.

You mean, with puns blazing?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Phox

Quote from: Payne on July 09, 2011, 08:38:57 AM

Trip, who is almost as bad as RWHN but doesn't get even 5% of the recognition for it.
This is true.  For whatever reason though, I don't generallythink of Trip as a punner.

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 09, 2011, 11:02:46 AM
QuoteI love RWHN like a brother, and hope he brought his punglasses with him so when he (inevitably) comes back, he can stroll in looking Cool As Fuck.

You mean, with puns blazing?
There's one now.  :argh!:

Luna

Quote from: Doktor Phox on July 09, 2011, 11:38:24 AM

This is true.  For whatever reason though, I don't generallythink of Trip as a punner.

I do.  He hit us with plenty when he was here visiting.  Extra points for punning in a non-native language.

I refrained from taking a swing at him for the worst of them, but it was a near thing.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Phox

Quote from: Luna on July 09, 2011, 11:41:38 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on July 09, 2011, 11:38:24 AM

I do.  He hit us with plenty when he was here visiting.  Extra points for punning in a non-native language.

I refrained from taking a swing at him for the worst of them, but it was a near thing.
When I think Triple Zero, I think "Awesome dude who is a technical genius." Then "Dutchspag" followed by "Belgium".  From here, things spiral into a malaise of facts about Belgium that don't exist (thank you very much, TGRR), and then my brain shuts off and reboots, because Triple Zero installed a fail-safe. Before that, my brain would just go all Chernobyl in my skull.

Anyway... What was I talking about? Oh, right. Trip. Awesome dude. Gotta say, he knows his shit when it comes to technological stuff. I think it'd be pretty neat to learn Dutch. Or is he Belgian? Is there a difference? Of course not, Belgium doesn't even exist...