News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Discordia and Philosophy

Started by Sano, July 10, 2011, 12:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

1Corinthians 6:3  Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

I don't really like Paul, and in the rest of the context he's talking about settling disputes between believers.  NOT sure where he got this idea, but it seems to have mutated heavily.

If the story of man's placement over the angels and subsequent angelic rebellion in Islam are taken into account it's easy to see why some folks think like the LDS. 

I think it's not worth considering it unless you've really experienced an angelic visitation and told them off.  If you did I recommend you seek medical attention or watch the movie "frailty" and wait for a list.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Sano

Quote from: Iptuous on July 12, 2011, 03:22:57 PM
Doesn't the LDS church teach that part of the believers will go on to have their own terrestrial planets that they will be like unto gods over?

:lulz: That's probably the worst pyramid scheme ever.
Everything comes to an end, reader. It is an old truism to which may be added that not everything that lasts, lasts for long. This latter part is not readily admitted; on the contrary the idea that an air castle lasts longer than the very air of which it is made is hard to get out of a person's head, and this is fortunate, otherwise the custom of making those almost eternal constructions might be lost.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Sano on July 13, 2011, 02:51:45 PM
Doesn't the LDS church teach that part of the believers will go on to have their own terrestrial planets that they will be like unto gods over?

could be worse....
could be you get your own planet, but it has to be painted a hideous pink color.  :lol:

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Iptuous on July 13, 2011, 05:01:34 PM
Quote from: Sano on July 13, 2011, 02:51:45 PM

could be worse....
could be you get your own planet, but it has to be painted a hideous pink color.  :lol:

I'd just name my planet Vaginka and build my empire with enslaved misogynists.

Problem solved.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A