News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

FW: Correspondence from discordians

Started by Faust, July 13, 2011, 09:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Sulfide

Or listen to rock music, watch The Simpsons, dye your hair, or play anything even remotely resembling D&D (I was once forbade from watching the movie "Warlock", and not because it has Julian Sans :lulz:), or read world religion/philosophy books (she actually had one of her boyfriends burn some books, two of which were checked out of the library).

Shooting stuff in the orchard behind our house was okay, though. Even though it was killing, and trespassing.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Oysters Rockefeller

Hahaha. This sounds hilariously familiar. My family was southern baptist, but we were told to watch out for methodists because they believe in "swearing." People are funny...
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on February 15, 2012, 07:06:25 PM
Hahaha. This sounds hilariously familiar. My family was southern baptist, but we were told to watch out for methodists because they believe in "swearing." People are funny...

Baptists don't believe people swear?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Catholics believe in demonic possession and exorcism but its so rare that its essentially a dead practice.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 15, 2012, 07:13:54 PM
Catholics believe in demonic possession and exorcism but its so rare that its essentially a dead practice.

I think that's a damn shame.  If people WANT to be trussed up and beaten in the privacy of their own homes, who are we to stop them?  I think we should HELP them.  In fact, I am hereby volunteering myself as an exorcist.  I will happily kick the crap out of people ALL DAY.

Hell, the only problem would be that I'd never get to stop.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

:lol: what i mean is that the vatican has to approve all exorcisms and they check thoroughly to make sure there isnt some (known) psychological condition at work. Believe it or not the pope tends to be skeptical about that sort of thing.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Billy the Twid on February 15, 2012, 07:23:25 PM
:lol: what i mean is that the vatican has to approve all exorcisms and they check thoroughly to make sure there isnt some (known) psychological condition at work. Believe it or not the pope tends to be skeptical about that sort of thing.

DOIN' IT WRONG.

I told you fuckers to make ME the pope, but you went off and hired the Nazi.

Oysters Rockefeller

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 15, 2012, 07:13:26 PM

They also don't believe in genitals or states above the mason-dixon line.
----------------------
----------------------

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oysters Rockefeller on February 15, 2012, 07:31:03 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 15, 2012, 07:13:26 PM

They also don't believe in genitals or states above the mason-dixon line.

Could be worse.  They could be Calvinists.

Oysters Rockefeller

----------------------
----------------------

The Good Reverend Roger

Golden Applesauce

When I was younger (child-aged) I had a conversation with some Baptist parents regarding which movies they might allow their sons to go see in theaters.

Harry Potter was right out, of course, because it promoted witchcraft.
Narnia was fine - it's blatantly obvious christian motif overruled its fantasy elements.
LotR they were still undecided on (The Fellowship was just coming out), but the odds weren't looking good for it.  I do not know if they were aware of Tolkien and Lewis's relationship, but I'm guessing that having a wizard character was more important, to maintain consistency with their stance on Harry Potter.

Throughout this entire conversation, their youngest son (5-6) was running around hitting strangers with a red lightsaber.

Needless to say, they instructed their children not to talk to me.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.