News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Rape

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, July 23, 2011, 05:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 26, 2011, 05:57:57 PM
Quote from: Nigel on July 26, 2011, 05:21:47 PM
Thanks Khara! I've been talking pretty openly about rape for about 20 years, but I'm recently re-pissed-off again after being assaulted last fall.

Babylon, don't you have, and nurture by writing fiction about, fantasies about raping and killing people? And you stated that you would prefer your child be raped and killed than raped and survive? I think you may be not a person who has much valid input in this dialogue, other than as an object lesson.

To the first, yes I do have those fantasies, and write fiction about them.

Which is a way of indulging, thus enforcing, those fantasies.
Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 26, 2011, 06:04:32 PM
Thanks Khara! I've been talking pretty openly about rape for about 20 years, but I'm recently re-pissed-off again after being assaulted last fall.

Babylon, don't you have, and nurture by writing fiction about, fantasies about raping and killing people? And you stated that you would prefer your child be raped and killed than raped and survive? I think you may be not a person who has much valid input in this dialogue, other than as an object lesson.

Yep, but until I can afford therapy it's the most effective way I have found so far to keep it from manifesting in my life in negative ways.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 26, 2011, 06:06:28 PM

Yep, but until I can afford therapy it's the most effective way I have found so far to keep it from manifesting in my life in negative ways.

You are in the US right?

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Khara on July 26, 2011, 06:14:41 PM

You are in the US right?

yes I am, and on medicaid.  The only therapist in my area who accepts medicaid I have already discovered is completely incompatible with me.

-Dok Howl

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 26, 2011, 06:16:16 PM
Quote from: Khara on July 26, 2011, 06:14:41 PM

You are in the US right?

yes I am, and on medicaid.  The only therapist in my area who accepts medicaid I have already discovered is completely incompatible with me.

Medicaid is thru out the state not just your city.  In any event, you always have the option of checking yourself into the psych ward, then whatever Dr you are assigned will have to accept you insurance.  I would start trying outside your immediate area. 

Only saying because as a whole I think you are smart and funny, but the whole death/sex/violence thing is really hard to overcome. 

Doktor Howl

Horseshit.  It's enabling it, not "using it up".  People don't fucking function that way.  There is no "perversion battery" that you can drain off.  The more you indulge it, the worse it gets.

I heard the same argument from the sick fucks at Little Angels Hentai.  It was bullshit then, and it's bullshit now.
Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

I appreciate that Khara.

Checking myself into a psych ward isn't an option right now.  My wife has fibromyalgia and there are things that she needs me to do for her in our day to day lives, I'm also the cook and the primary caregiver for our daughter.

We'd also be suffering a lot without the income that I bring in.  I am the one that puts in hours to be eligible for aid and her income is far from enough to support us.

Driving to a therapist is not currently an option, because of the cost of gas and the distance to the nearest town of any real use, plus I don't drive so my wife would have to drive me back and forth and she's currently working full time so that is also not an option.

If our financial situation turns around, which the prospects look good for it doing soon, we'll be able to get private insurance and I can try out the other local therapists.

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 26, 2011, 06:28:36 PM

Horseshit.  It's enabling it, not "using it up".  People don't fucking function that way.  There is no "perversion battery" that you can drain off.  The more you indulge it, the worse it gets.

I heard the same argument from the sick fucks at Little Angels Hentai.  It was bullshit then, and it's bullshit now.

I'm not saying it makes it go away.  I'm saying that my previous attempt at repressing it ended up causing me to express it in ways that were more negative.

Until I'm able to afford professional help this is the best way I have found to deal with it.

-Dok Howl

Eve Hill

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 26, 2011, 06:33:29 PM
I appreciate that Khara.

Checking myself into a psych ward isn't an option right now.  My wife has fibromyalgia and there are things that she needs me to do for her in our day to day lives, I'm also the cook and the primary caregiver for our daughter.

We'd also be suffering a lot without the income that I bring in.  I am the one that puts in hours to be eligible for aid and her income is far from enough to support us.

Driving to a therapist is not currently an option, because of the cost of gas and the distance to the nearest town of any real use, plus I don't drive so my wife would have to drive me back and forth and she's currently working full time so that is also not an option.

If our financial situation turns around, which the prospects look good for it doing soon, we'll be able to get private insurance and I can try out the other local therapists.

Aren't you on SSI or RSDI income? Is there a state law where you live that says you would lose your income if you checked into a psych ward? From the little I know about it, you wouldn't lose that income and patients can appoint a rep payee to take care of their bills during the time they're in the hospital. In your case, you could have your wife cash your checks & pay the bills (if she isn't already doing this?) while you're in the psych ward.
If you actually want help, that is. 

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Eve Hill on July 26, 2011, 09:57:23 PM
I appreciate that Khara.

Aren't you on SSI or RSDI income? Is there a state law where you live that says you would lose your income if you checked into a psych ward? From the little I know about it, you wouldn't lose that income and patients can appoint a rep payee to take care of their bills during the time they're in the hospital. In your case, you could have your wife cash your checks & pay the bills (if she isn't already doing this?) while you're in the psych ward.

No SSI or RSDI.  I would lose my income in a psych ward because I am required to put in volunteer time for the medicaid and food stamps and I wouldn't be able to do that. 

The fetish has been with me since I was a small child, so I don't expect it to be something that I'll be able to get rid of quickly, even with a good therapist.

-Dok Howl

Eve Hill

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 26, 2011, 10:19:26 PM
Quote from: Eve Hill on July 26, 2011, 09:57:23 PM
I appreciate that Khara.

No SSI or RSDI.  I would lose my income in a psych ward because I am required to put in volunteer time for the medicaid and food stamps and I wouldn't be able to do that.  

The fetish has been with me since I was a small child, so I don't expect it to be something that I'll be able to get rid of quickly, even with a good therapist.

Oh, I see. Yeah that wouldn't help.

Good luck with finding a therapist you can work with. It's good to hear that you're looking. I don't imagine it would get fixed overnight either but even just starting therapy would be a step in the right direction.

(ETA - Rereading that..ugh, Captain Obvious statements. Shutting up now.)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

There are books and online support groups, if he wanted help.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

There's nothing out there in the dark that's not there in the daytime, and catatonic old women in nursing homes who look like hell get raped. People need to quit being stupid.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Luna

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 27, 2011, 12:29:05 AM
There's nothing out there in the dark that's not there in the daytime, and catatonic old women in nursing homes who look like hell get raped. People need to quit being stupid.

They don't want to quit.  They LIKE being stupid.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Eve Hill

Quote from: Nigel on July 26, 2011, 11:20:42 PM
There are books and online support groups, if he wanted help.

Good point.