News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Eurofascism

Started by Cain, July 23, 2011, 06:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I posted on this once, a long time ago, but I think it was in Apple Talk and so has since been deleted.  Also, when I posted it, the book itself was not online

http://eurofascism.info/

From the author

QuoteWelcome to the free online version of the book "Eurofascism". This expanded, updated and corrected version was made in the hope that the book can help researchers, journalists, bloggers and others in their own efforts and research into modern European fascism, nativism and right-wing extremism.

Unlike the printed version, an online version also gives the possibility to provide links, to provide more pictures and photographs and to correct grammatical and phonetic mistakes.

The online version is made available for free. The book is however available as a PDF-file and in printed version, and can be bought from Lulu, or in internet stores such as Amazon (uk, us, ca, fr). If you like the book, please consider buying a printed copy.

QuoteA Eurofascist calls himself a "nationalist", or a "national democrat", sometimes simply a "patriot". Eurofascism wraps itself in the flag, and believes in the primacy of the group represented by that flag, whether French, British, Flemish or Swedish. It also sees its own group as a victim of internal and external enemies alike. It dreads the group's decline under the corrosive effect of alien influences.

Eurofascism, like classical fascism, brands its opponents as traitors or cowards, and it usually scorns intellectuals, academics, media workers and artists. Eurofascism is hostile to leftist and labour movements, and is often longing for a mythic "better time" of the past. Eurofascism, like traditional European fascism, is obsessed with the idea of Europe being threathened and facing a crisis, "so monumental in its reach and its consequences that we have to go back to the Migration Period to find anything similar".

Unlike some of the traditional fascists which still remain active on the fringes of society, Eurofascists have learnt that if you dress yourself in a suit and a tie – and in the robes of conservatism rather than in boots and swastikas – you are much more likely to gain broad acceptance within stable democratic countries. This strategy is sometimes stated quite openly.

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Freeky

Have bookmarked this for future reference.

Juana

Thank you. :) Looks pretty interesting.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."