"Who has more balls" contest vindaloo. You may actually DIE.

Started by Freeky, July 23, 2011, 10:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

3 cups chicken thigh strips (might have been closer to 2 cups)
ground coriander, 1/2 TBSP
smoked paprika, 1 1/2 TBSP
ground ginger, 2 TBSP
fresh ground pink peppercorns, 2 tsp
fresh ground black pepper, 2 tsp
garam masala, 1 1/2 TBSP
ground cardamom, 1/2 TBSP
2 dried ghost chili peppers, chopped and with seeds still in
1/4 cup max white wine vinegar
4 cups frozen vegetables
1/2 stick butter, cold

Combine vinegar, spices and chicken in a bowl.  Seal or cover and let sit (in fridge, probably) for 30 minutes. 

Melt butter in a pre-heated pan. Add chicken and saute until almost cooked through.  Add frozen vegetables and cook COVERED until chicken is done and vegetables are hot.

CONSUME WITH EXTREME CAUTION OR UTTER ABANDON.  NO HALVSIES!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

navkat

Some people go on roller coasters, others skydive.

PD.com puts things into their mouth.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Freeky

Quote from: navkat on July 24, 2011, 11:14:44 PM

NEWSFEED RIGHT THE FUCK NOW :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Jenne

I'm telling you, a little plain yogurt with this dish, and you can savor it for HOURS.

Freeky

Yeah, I know.  We're making due with rice on the side, with a chaser of dry salt after if there wasn't enough rice. :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm gonna have to make this. I should really pick up an Indian cookbook; I love Indian food, but rarely go out to eat it because the one place in my quadrant that is both delicious and affordable has THE SHITTIEST SERVICE.

There is supposed to be an absolutely fantastic/cheap place over by Skyline. I would like to go there, but fuck, man. Skyline.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 25, 2011, 02:38:39 AM
Quote from: navkat on July 24, 2011, 11:14:44 PM

NEWSFEED RIGHT THE FUCK NOW :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

YOU'RE SICK, MISTER!
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 25, 2011, 06:39:41 AM
Yeah, I know.  We're making due with rice on the side, with a chaser of dry salt after if there wasn't enough rice. :lulz:
Flat bread (like pita) is also a good way to go.  You can get the healthier whole wheat version these days in most grocery stores (or if you have a Trader Joes or similiar store nearby) if you prefer as well.  But the bread and rice and yogurt/sour cream/kashk cheese/Mexican crema can mitigate the heat.  And allow you to eat MOAR.

Luna

I will buy ghost chilis at Pennsic, just to make this when we get home.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Freeky

Cainad (dec.)

One day, I shall make this. And it will be glorious.