News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

"Who has more balls" contest vindaloo. You may actually DIE.

Started by Freeky, July 23, 2011, 10:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

When I do this, and it may only be once, depending on the carnage, I will give advance notice, and spags in striking distance of Providence are invited.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Eartha-ly Delights

This is a traditional Goan Vindaloo. I got taught how to make it years and years ago by my Kasmati neighbour. Beware though...it's the real deal and you may begin to hear the ghost of Johnny Cash on your morning visit to the ablutions room.

Ingredients:

1 Kg Pork, beef lamb or chicken.. cubed
1 Kg Onion finely chopped
10 medium sized Green chilies vertically sliced and deseeded
Large Pod of Garlic, peeled
2 inch mango Ginger or 1 inch Ginger finely minced

Vindaloo Spices: Grind together to a fine paste (I use a mortar and pestle but a coffee grinder is much faster and less effort)

20 Kashmir Red Chilies ( they lack the normal pungency associated with other chilies and tend to be less hot)
3 tablespoon Vinegar
1 tablespoon Black pepper corns
2 teaspoon cummin seeds
2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 inch cinnamon
5 cloves
1 inch Ginger
1 Big size pod of Garlic
1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon Mustard seed
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds

Method:

Marinate the cubed meat with the vindaloo paste for a few hours. Overnight is best. In a large wok, add some oil,ghee or pork lard. When it is hot add the chopped onions and fry till golden brown.

Fry garlic, ginger for a few minutes. Add the marinated meat with all the paste. Stir frequently and reduce the heat to a medium level. Add one cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook over a low fire for an hour.

Serve Hot with basmati rice. yoghurt raita and green mango pickle (hot) as sides. Naan bread is also good with it

Good luck with that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY&feature=related

Say what you will about the Nazis, but no woman ever fantasised about being tied up and ravished by a Liberal Democrat, now did she?
PJ O'Rourke

Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove.
Terry Pratchett

Eartha-ly Delights

Oh I should have said...if using chicken make sure its free range and thigh meat. Battery raised has no taste at all and is full of chemical shit....and the breast meat will dry out and be disgusting if cooked this long.
Say what you will about the Nazis, but no woman ever fantasised about being tied up and ravished by a Liberal Democrat, now did she?
PJ O'Rourke

Terry Pratchett

Freeky

You could have just posted this in a new thread, you know.

Richter

I still have enough Ghost Chilis to pull this off...
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Quote from: Richter on July 26, 2011, 02:22:52 AM
I still have enough Ghost Chilis to pull this off...

You want to try this before Pennsic, or give us some recovery time?

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Richter

You'd WILLINGLY get into a car with me anytime within a week of eating that stuff?
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Luna

Quote from: Richter on July 26, 2011, 02:43:37 AM
You'd WILLINGLY get into a car with me anytime within a week of eating that stuff?

I ain't afeared of NOTHING.

You might, however, have to stop for me every fifteen minutes, and possibly explain to the nice police officers why I'm screaming...

Richter

Recidivist ostriches.
If they aren't screaming then they don't know about the state of the union.

Luna

Quote from: Richter on July 26, 2011, 02:49:14 AM
Recidivist ostriches.
If they aren't screaming then they don't know about the state of the union.

True...  However, those screams are different from the, "OhgodohgodI'mshittingnapalm" screams that I suspect this stuff might cause.

Freeky

Iron Guts is a handy feat here, because after the initial SHIT I CAN'T BREATHE OH FUCK, you're golden. :mrgreen:

Sir Squid Diddimus

I love love love vindaloo.
The initial endorphine rush is really neat, but the lingering effects with the lights being a little brighter, your mind wandering and tingly fingers make the whole experience quite interesting.

Plus the flavor is something that the gods spit right out of their mouths and onto your PLAET!

Best I ever had was a place called Brick Lane curry house in NY.
Worst was here, down the street. MY GOD the service is so poor it sullies the flavor of the food.

Freeky

That's shitty. :(

IDEA TIEM:  I WILL MAKE A BIG BATCH OF AN IMPROVED VERSION OF THIS AND SEND IT TO SOME PEOPLES WHEN THERE WON'T BE AS BIG A CHANCE OF FOOD POISONING.

Triple Zero

I had Vindaloo takeout a while ago and I wasn't impressed. It was hot, but I just didn't think the taste was anything special. I love Indian food, they have many wonderful and delicious flavours, but the vindaloo was to me just sort of generic Indian curry spicy + hot tasting. I probably didn't have a really good one, then. Or maybe it's because I generally really enjoy the sweet and nutty flavours in certain Indian curries, and vindaloo didn't have that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Eartha-ly Delights

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 26, 2011, 01:34:16 AM
You could have just posted this in a new thread, you know.

Oh sorry. I didn't realise I'd invaded your kitchen. I just thought that as the people here seemed to like a Vindaloo they might like to try an authentic regional version ...and a new Vindaloo thread seemed somewhat redundant. I'll replace any of your spices I used and clean up where I appear to have shit on your rug, shall I?
PJ O'Rourke

Terry Pratchett