News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

I just banned the Chicken

Started by Doktor Howl, July 24, 2011, 07:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Bert Huttz on July 25, 2011, 02:52:14 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2011, 08:14:58 PM
Quote from: Bert Huttz on July 24, 2011, 07:52:48 PM
I immediately don't like it, not having seen the threats or insinuations, and being quite fond of how hard it is to get banned here without seriously attacking the place but I'm not going to dig through his posts to check it out, because I have too many to catch up on after ignoring him.

"I wasn't paying attention, so Dok is a Nazi."

Lacking any other information, I'ma just believe you had good reason.

More like "I wasn't paying attention, but I trust that Dok is acting in the board's best interests."
Or that other thing you said if you want to fight about it, asshole. Pistols at dawn?

Apologies, I was raging at the time.
Molon Lube

Triple Zero

BH:

First, even when a troll has been amusing, that's only the case in hindsight. An active troll usually disrupts the normal creative output that goes on on this board, in a similar way that a powerful bout of drama does.

Second, I think your perceived increase in banning is probably because by now, most of the mods/admins have been here a long, long, time and we've seen pretty much all variations of troll, multiple times. They really do follow very predictable patterns in their interactions with our community.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on July 25, 2011, 09:13:11 AM
I've been getting rogers hate mail in my inbox from this tard.

What?  Forward, please.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 25, 2011, 02:42:24 PM
Quote from: Faust on July 25, 2011, 09:13:11 AM
I've been getting rogers hate mail in my inbox from this tard.

What?  Forward, please.
On the way, he used the mail contact from the front page.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 25, 2011, 01:45:04 PM
There's been more bannings here lately than I have ever seen.  it looks to me like that is because there are more truly shitty people that need to be banned than usual, not like mod powers are being abused, but I do wonder just why the level of troll we are attracting has changed from amusing, and or annoying to in need of banning.

Unemployment is high. There are a lot of angry out-of-work white males with a chip on their shoulder and nothing but time to spend on the internet looking for a silverback to pick a fight with.

The threads that come up high in Google searches probably also influence who finds us.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 25, 2011, 02:05:19 PM
Quote from: Bert Huttz on July 25, 2011, 02:52:14 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2011, 08:14:58 PM
I immediately don't like it, not having seen the threats or insinuations, and being quite fond of how hard it is to get banned here without seriously attacking the place but I'm not going to dig through his posts to check it out, because I have too many to catch up on after ignoring him.

"I wasn't paying attention, so Dok is a Nazi."

Lacking any other information, I'ma just believe you had good reason.

More like "I wasn't paying attention, but I trust that Dok is acting in the board's best interests."
Or that other thing you said if you want to fight about it, asshole. Pistols at dawn?

Apologies, I was raging at the time.
S'okay.

East Coast Hustle

There's been more bannings here lately than I have ever seen.  it looks to me like that is because there are more truly shitty people that need to be banned than usual, not like mod powers are being abused, but I do wonder just why the level of troll we are attracting has changed from amusing, and or annoying to in need of banning.

We've put our presence as a collective out there much more intensely and actively in recent months. It's bound to attract not only more trolls, but more trolls who aren't amusing and who aren't clever enough to hang around and play verbal ping-pon without having to resort to such juvenile tactics.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on July 25, 2011, 04:45:15 PM

Unemployment is high. There are a lot of angry out-of-work white males with a chip on their shoulder and nothing but time to spend on the internet looking for a silverback to pick a fight with.

The threads that come up high in Google searches probably also influence who finds us.

also this.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Shibboleet The Annihilator

This guy is an obnoxious twat, but I definitely don't see anything banworthy here.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i didnt know this guy existed. lol.

navkat

I think we just need to get out more and be obnoxious twats. We're getting old and stagnant and want those goddamned kids off our lawn.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Fuck him, the guy was a complete idiot, douching up perfectly good threads with his bullshit.  If he had the nerve to fuck with someone's irl family, then he deserves a lot more than being banned.

Jenne

I find myself so not giving a shit--Rog doesn't arbitrarily bounce people, so, yeah.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on July 26, 2011, 06:58:44 AM
I think we just need to get out more and be obnoxious twats. We're getting old and stagnant and want those goddamned kids off our lawn.

Who isn't out being an obnoxious twat? Or do you mean we need more group activities?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

Quote from: Nigel on July 26, 2011, 05:14:31 PM
Quote from: navkat on July 26, 2011, 06:58:44 AM

Who isn't out being an obnoxious twat? Or do you mean we need more group activities?

Yes! Group activities. We need to ride the van and all get McDonald's for lunch (YOU PICK CHEEBURGER OR CHICKEN NUGGET ONLY ONE ONLY GET TO PICK ONE CHEEBUGER CHICKEN NUGGET) and then we go on a field trip to fsk up some shark. Or as Freeky would say: to "FUCKING SOME SHIT."

Then we load back up on the van (CAN I HAVE SILVENEER? CAN I HAVE A SILVENEER I HAVE MY OWN MONEY I HAVE MY OWN MONEY I WANT A SILVENEER. MISSUS RACHET CAN I BUY A SILVENEER WITH MY OWN MONEY NOW? NIGEL'S IN MY SEAT MAKE NIGEL GET OUT OF MY SEAT CAN I HAVE A SILVENEER? I BUY IT WITH MY OWN MONEYYYY)

Then we lick the windows, play with our silveneers on the van and go back to the home.