News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Okay, which of you spags is responsible for this?

Started by Doktor Howl, July 29, 2011, 02:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2011, 07:13:21 PM
I just found this bit of boosterism from the WSJ

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111904888304576476151613488080.html

QuoteA new Gallup poll suggests that a possible late entry into the GOP presidential primary by Texas Gov. Rick Perry should concern frontrunners Mitt Romney and Michele Bachmann.

Mr. Perry would start the race in second place with 18% support, trailing Mr. Romney by five points while leading Ms. Bachmann by four, according to Gallup. In the past month, Ms. Bachmann has surged 11 points in the polls, primarily by nibbling away at Tim Pawlenty, Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain's tea party support. Gallup predicts that the Texas governor would take a five-point bite out of her tea party support.

Since May, Mr. Romney has also shot up 10 points due to the growing Republican perception that he's the frontrunner and would be the most viable candidate in the general election. That perception could change if Mr. Perry were to enter the race, which recent reports indicate is very likely.

Last week, Mr. Perry told the Des Moines Register that "I'm getting more and more comfortable every day that this is what I've been called to do. This is what America needs." He sparked more conjecture earlier this week when he met with high-ranking politicians from Tennessee and Georgia. A group of influential New Hampshire Republicans is also planning a mission to Austin next week to recruit the rock-star governor.

yeah, but WSJ sucks the cock of the teabaggin' population right regular, so I think they're stirring it up FOR Perry and his crowd for shits & giggles.

NO WAY this guy's gonna beat out Romney when you get to states like Ohio...but I could be wrong.  America's loving the crazy right now.  And this guy's schtick is to PRAY to JESUS to save Texas rather than do anything effective...a debate between him and Romney would be AWESOME.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2011, 07:21:42 PM
Once the easy oil runs out, they'll just start fracking.  Which I believe they're already starting to do in some places.

Texas will be an earthquake zone like unto Japan before this is over.

They are fracing...
all over the place.  right in the middle of our cities.
like in the middle of neighborhoods.
house...house...house....NG well...house...

Cain

That's gonna be fun.  I'm guessing most Texan cities aren't earthquake proof.

Just like Blackpool.

Elder Iptuous

It is a concern.
but the most talk right now is about the pollutants.  they are a more immediate threat.

dontblameyoko

wow...once again, humans being practically suicidal in their intransigence.
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

Jenne

Quote from: Iptuous on July 29, 2011, 07:57:11 PM
Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2011, 07:21:42 PM
Once the easy oil runs out, they'll just start fracking.  Which I believe they're already starting to do in some places.

Texas will be an earthquake zone like unto Japan before this is over.

They are fracing...
all over the place.  right in the middle of our cities.
like in the middle of neighborhoods.
house...house...house....NG well...house...

Oh yeah, that documentary about it made a couple of years ago documented fracking taking place ALL OVER the US.

Sad thing is, no one really has a clue what those neat little boxes, etc. are that spring up out of nowhere in the middle of the desert/forest/prairie/abandoned fenced in property are for...unless they SEE the documentary.

"Gasland"--a must-see that will make you really fucking pissed.