News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Intermittens Presents: XX and other works

Started by Placid Dingo, July 28, 2011, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Thanks BB. I might skip it because I'm making a point of avoiding explicitly discordian works.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Cramulus

from the Intermittens project page:

Presenting Intermittens. Intermittens is a periodical journal of Discordian diarrhea - an incontinent splattering of juicy ideas and corny jokes. Originally produced by the irreverant spags of the Peedy cabal, Intermittens is an expanding attempt to document some of the antics going on today in the Discordian Society. Every issue has a different editor. All content (unless otherwise marked) is from / for the public domain.

This project is an attempt to create an open-source Discordian magazine. We encourage anyone, even you, to haphazardly throw together an issue of what you think is cool. The project itself is a Golden Apple Seed Mission, or GASM, meaning we want your help! We need people who have writing, graphic, and layout skillz. We also need people with the balls to edit their own issue of Intermittens and join the elite Editor Cabal. Do you have what it takes? No, you don't; none of us do. That's why we're making DIY magazines and not professional ones. And that's why we need more cooks to foul the broth.

Intermittens is being published on a (roughly) monthly schedule. If you're interested in helping out, check in at principiadiscordia.com/forum and martyr yourself for the cause. In any case, we hope you dig it. And by all means, share. Send the PDFs on to people you know, people you love, people you hate, hamsters, and other creatures.

Placid Dingo

I have the go ahead from everyone. I now just need to write an intro.

If anyone else would be interested in adding a forward, let me know.

Placid Dingo

QuoteIn #### the Principia Discordia forum created an exciting little concept and named it Intermittens. Intermittens was a collaborative project, a monthly (or so) webzine with a different creative team behind each issue. To edit an edition all you had to do was throw up your hand and say 'me, me!' Content, images, layout; everything was provided by an amateur team of creative passionate individuals.

Potential was seen for bigger things though. More than a regular magazine, Intermittens was seen as an open source publishing house,  capable of a wide variety of projects.

This file you now possess is the first of these works. It features 25 works from the creative minds busy making madness at Principia Discordia.com. Some have a Discordian bent, some don't. They range from the small to the large, the vulgar to the elegant, the funny to the touching. 

All works are used with permission and published under the author's screen name. For reprinting rights, you can contact the author via the forums at www.Principiadiscordia.com or intermittens@gmail.com

Please enjoy.

Placid Dingo

OK I have a document complete with a pretty decent cover. I'm starting to churn out a contents page. I NEEDS BIOS!

I've added The Parable of Rabbits and Foxes also.

Cramulus

Professor Cramulus was invented by HIMEOBS Electronics in 1982. He has been on a quest to discover the Lost Society of Discordia, a legendary or nonexistent tribe of total spags. During this voyage, Cramulus inadvertently decimated several indigenous cultures and feels terrible about it. He is the Ballpipe world champion, and placed in the finals of the FUCKING ORANGE EATING CONTEST. He is currently living as a monk in residence at the Main Way Monastery and Waffle House in Tarrytown, New York.

Placid Dingo

Cool. So feel to write your own bio or someone else's. Or both

Cramulus

Eater of Clowns is an enigma. Does he eat clowns because he hates them? Because he likes the taste? Does he consume joy, like some kind of ant-eater of mirth? I once asked Eater of Clowns what his name means, and it turns out he just loves the taste of pancake makeup.

Cuddlefish aka Cuddleshift aka Cuddlefist aka Dimo, has been leading a three year misinformation campaign conducted through anonymous newspaper articles and letters to the editor. He has large portions of Rhode Island convinced that the Discordian Society has infiltrated the upper echelons of their state government. Actually, that is misinformation: there are no large portions of Rhode Island.

DiscoUkelele is a fine Discordian specimen and will be appreciated for generations from within his exhibit in the Museum of Natural History.

Sepia is a Norwegian writer whose entire body is composed of fog. A team of explorers ventured into Sepia in late 2011 and returned with the only existing photographs of the Bourbon Chasm, approximately 3177 feet beneath the surface.

That Green Gentleman found herself out of work at the end of the Vaudville period and invented Battle Tap, (commonly known as Extreme Tap Dancing), as a way to get by. She is currently in training to punch a horse right in the face. One day that horse might be you.

GuyBrush washed ashore wearing a combination of Michael Jackson's outfit from Thriller and the rear half of a donkey costume. Too traumatized to speak, we must assume he is a refugee or time traveler.

The Good Reverend Roger

Am I still too locked in PD-specific metaphor, or do you want to use my stuff?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Placid Dingo

Hey sorry if I've been unclear. I was using the harry gets mad piece and letters to a returning vet.

Placid Dingo

Next step is adding bios, but here's what I've got so far. Won't promote it until bios are added and I check on a few things with people.

Placid Dingo

Also, if you're included, this is a good time to let me know if you have any webpages, ebays, etsys, blogs, facebooks, whatever you want me to add to your bio.

Placid Dingo

Squids, we are DONE and it looks fuckoff AWESOME.

I can still make changes to bios or anything without the link changing, so let me know but, right now all I really want if for you guys to help me PROMO THE HELL out of it.

LINK: http://www.scribd.com/doc/70227073/Fail-Whale

Telarus

Dude, good job with the cover (sorry October ate my time and I couldn't help out with that). Will spread far and wide!
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!